GWF-1000 vs GWF-D1000...need purchase advice - Page 2
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: GWF-1000 vs GWF-D1000...need purchase advice

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11
    Member Deepsea_dweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    17,815

    Re: GWF-1000 vs GWF-D1000...need purchase advice

    Quote Originally Posted by mtb2104 View Post
    I can't recall a navy-yellow 1000... that's good enough reason to get a D1000 :P



  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    112

    Re: GWF-1000 vs GWF-D1000...need purchase advice

    Quote Originally Posted by FJay Iceberg White View Post
    GWF-1000 all the way for me. Looks better, wears absolutely amazing. Price (compared to newer was not a factor), i still paid $1200 for my GWF-1000BP.
    Newer Frogman screen is plain borring, like $60 G-Shock.
    Maybe someday ill be interesting if they will come up with more interesting colors, but as of today, don't care about depth meter enough to spend $800, cause i know how deep is my pool.
    "Cause I know how deep is my pool"....hysterical and on point.

  3. #13
    Member Time4Playnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    3,154

    Re: GWF-1000 vs GWF-D1000...need purchase advice

    I'm not a diver so I won't touch the arguments for/against either Frogman as a dive watch.

    They are both awesome Frogs. Today, you get a pretty good value if you can find a reasonably priced GWF-1000. But, the D1000 does give some substantial upgrades - the c/f strap, the depth meter, the compass, the time stamp button, surfacing alert feature, sapphire crystal, and what appears to be a sharper/more legible display. Naturally you will pay more for all that, especially on a much newer model.

    I own both, & like Worker said, either one is a good choice.
    brvheart, Worker, GTR83 and 4 others like this.

  4. #14
    Member FJay Iceberg White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    USA,Maryland
    Posts
    1,230

    Re: GWF-1000 vs GWF-D1000...need purchase advice

    Quote Originally Posted by Deepsea_dweller View Post



    ^^^ :) Name:  whistle-anim.gif
Views: 153
Size:  2.2 KBVery cute pic and all, but realistically how many out what like 20 guys are actually wearing GWF-D1000? With price tag of $1050, i believe that they are sharing that one in the middle pic one for all. Today is one guy, tomorrow is another etc etcName:  cheers.gif
Views: 153
Size:  4.9 KB

    My apologies, take that back, newer screen Frogman looks more like GW-200 Frogman (pre-GWF-1000 Frogman), but it's missing shark fin band tip, and it is not as of centered as i liked in GWF-1000, plus blue deco screws are just little too much, but again i just don't dig first 4 color models that Casio came up. Im sure it will change if the right color will come along.
    So i do believe both are fine choice, whatever rocking your boat when u diving

    I know that casio will never will make negative Frogman, but something like this will be my last Frogman i ever buy
    Name:  frogman.png
Views: 152
Size:  174.5 KB
    Last edited by FJay Iceberg White; February 8th, 2017 at 00:03.
    GTR83, Time4Playnow and Mrcrooka1 like this.
    WE WANT MORE!

  5. #15
    Member brvheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,107

    Re: GWF-1000 vs GWF-D1000...need purchase advice

    Quote Originally Posted by FJay Iceberg White View Post
    ^^^ :) Name:  whistle-anim.gif
Views: 153
Size:  2.2 KBVery cute pic and all, but realistically how many out what like 20 guys are actually wearing GWF-D1000? With price tag of $1050, i believe that they are sharing that one in the middle pic one for all. Today is one guy, tomorrow is another etc etcName:  cheers.gif
Views: 153
Size:  4.9 KB

    My apologies, take that back, newer screen Frogman looks more like GW-200 Frogman (pre-GWF-1000 Frogman), but it's missing shark fin band tip, and it is not as of centered as i liked in GWF-1000, plus blue deco screws are just little too much, but again i just don't dig first 4 color models that Casio came up. Im sure it will change if the right color will come along.
    So i do believe both are fine choice, whatever rocking your boat when u diving

    I know that casio will never will make negative Frogman, but something like this will be my last Frogman i ever buy
    Name:  frogman.png
Views: 152
Size:  174.5 KB
    I would buy that for sure!!
    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by brvheart
    No I am not OCD....I am CDO - that is OCD in the proper order Hidden Content

  6. #16
    Member Bwool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,791

    Re: GWF-1000 vs GWF-D1000...need purchase advice

    I vote for GWF-D1000 because of the new look!

  7. #17
    Member Phantasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    661

    Re: GWF-1000 vs GWF-D1000...need purchase advice

    Quote Originally Posted by Bwool View Post
    I vote for GWF-D1000 because of the new look!
    I vote for the GWF-1000 because of the classic look! lol

    Just kidding around btw! I like both quite a lot.

    Someday I'll have this new one too. It's too cool to pass up.

    Maybe at my 1 year anniversary of a very important date to me. At 5 months already, only 7 more to go!
    Worker likes this.

  8. #18
    Member Time4Playnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    3,154

    Re: GWF-1000 vs GWF-D1000...need purchase advice

    Quote Originally Posted by brvheart View Post
    I would buy that for sure!!
    So would I!! That looks like a blue jelly, right? That would be soooooo cool!!!!
    brvheart likes this.

  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,654

    Re: GWF-1000 vs GWF-D1000...need purchase advice

    I've had my GWF-1000G for some time and a while back I went to handle the GWF-D1000B and it's definitely more solid-feeling, also heavier too. Honestly, the D1000B does indeed look better with all the improved innards, but the price is quite a put-off for me, costs over SGD$400 (almost US$300) more than what costed me for the 1000G, both at RRP.

    Though very tempted to buy, but couldn't bear to spend that kind of money since I don't dive as well, hence the depth meter will be useless.

    So yeah...will just stick to my 1000G for now, though the new Frogman seems to be more popular now.
    Casio Riseman GW-9200J-1JF, Rangeman GW-9400J-1JF, Frogman GWF-1000G-1DR & Classic GW-M5610R-1DR. TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300m Calibre 5 WAN2110.BA0822. Seiko Criteria 100m Quartz Chronograph SNDC63P1.​Rolex DeepSea Sea-Dweller 116660. Apple Watch 42mm SS with Milanese Loop.

  10. #20
    Member brvheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,107

    Re: GWF-1000 vs GWF-D1000...need purchase advice

    Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    So would I!! That looks like a blue jelly, right? That would be soooooo cool!!!!
    That would be UBER COOL!!! I am in!! Someone make this happen!!!
    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by brvheart
    No I am not OCD....I am CDO - that is OCD in the proper order Hidden Content

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 0
      Last Post: August 4th, 2016, 19:23
    2. REDUCED: Casio GWF-1000BS & Stealthed GWF-1000 skins
      By mtbluger in forum Watches - Books, Parts, Tools, Winders & other Accessories
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: September 29th, 2014, 14:08
    3. Replies: 8
      Last Post: May 16th, 2014, 04:49
    4. FS: CASIO ATOMIC FROGMAN GWF-1000 (Poor Man GWF-1000BS) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      By shogun in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: April 27th, 2014, 13:23

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •