WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

GWX5600C-4 module swap question

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  EXCALIBUR1 
#1 ·
Can I place a module from the Japanese only GWX-5600-1 into the GWX-5600C-4 to get a positive lcd solar/atomic G-lide? The GWX-5600C-4 is cheap enough now that a module swap would be affordable. The GWX-5600-1 module is available on PacParts for $83.26. Or could I go even cheap and just swap out the LCD for $10.02? I have not done an LCD swap before and will look it up on the tutorials.

But I would appreciate your input. I know a few of you (cough-Yankeexepress) have the Japanese model and some have the domestic model. There are old threads reviewing them, but I would love some updated opinions please.

Thanks in advance and I hope everyone has a great holiday week.

#2 ·
Looks like Rakuten has the GWX-5600-1 for around $140ish It may be cheaper to go that route unless the lcd swap will take care of the negative display issue. And if the lcd swap is straight forward without any issues.

#3 ·
I once tried changing the lcd on my GWX5600C-7 from a negative to a positive display. I ordered a Casio 91087022952 lcd from pacparts.com I was inspired by the tutorial information in this thread by idkfa: HOW TO: DW-5600E Module Disassembly / LCD Swap I was able to take my GWX5600C-7 apart down to the lcd, but was unsuccessful in reassembling it. Sadly, I ended up destroying my watch. I am sure a more experienced G-Shock modder can perform this procedure. It was a learning experience to say the least. I hope you are successful.

#4 ·
I was going to mark "like" but I figured that would be hurtful.
Thanks for the information. Maybe I will not be switching the lcd after all.

I once tried changing the lcd on my GWX5600C-7 from a negative to a positive display. I ordered a Casio 91087022952 lcd from pacparts.com I was inspired by the tutorial information in this thread by idkfa:HOW TO: DW-5600E Module Disassembly / LCD Swap I was able to take my GWX5600C-7 apart down to the lcd, but was unsuccessful in reassembling it. Sadly, I ended up destroying my watch. I am sure a more experienced G-Shock modder can perform this procedure. It was a learning experience to say the least. I hope you are successful.

#7 ·
is it me having too much red wine or I don't understand the question ? why swapping modules while you can change the resins? you want the red gwx5600 with positive display right?

same gwx models so the modules should fit

#11 ·
- never opened a gwx-5600 before, but I assume it always has 2 spring bars coming out from the module to touch the solar panel either on top or bottom, but mostly bottom / so don't worry about it

- so, I am sure it's gonna work - go make one ! the more you talk about this, the more you make me WANT TO GET ONE, and I always think those GLX, GRX, GWX squares are kindda of busy with the tide/moon LOLz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.