GXW-56 and GX56 Owners Sound Off Here: Let's Get An Official Count - Page 19
Like Tree1924Likes

Thread: GXW-56 and GX56 Owners Sound Off Here: Let's Get An Official Count

Page 19 of 184 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 69 119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisTopherloaf View Post
    In that case, Suunto watches are overkill! They are a large large diameter. I've seen a couple of military types wearing em. Massive.
    Right, because in theory, at least, the additional functionality of a large watch, in JSAR's case, the sturdiness and readability, and in Suunto's case, the compass, altimeter, etc., tends to justify the larger size. One could argue that the King's added "girth" is justified/required for it's indestructiveness. Ironically, of course, large watches also happen to be currently in vogue...
    I wonder if we'll start to see these GX's being used by the Armed Forces....
    Last edited by Reedster; August 21st, 2011 at 22:16.
    Reedster

Re: GXW-56 and GX56 Owners Sound Off Here: Let's Get An Official Count

Found a DGK on ebay last night for $250 shipped to compliment my King.GB. Can't wait to rock it!

Midlothian, which is south of Cedar Hill, which is south of Dallas.

Hey Reedster, great point. Which is where I was going. I think that's why the King was developed like it was, to be ultra shock resistant...more so than the typical G. Likewise, my buddy who used to be in the Army said that if he were still in, he would buy a King because A: it's big so it lets him know it's there and 2: it supposedly IS extremely extremely tough. (points like the screw bars for the bands and buckles are what sold him AND me on it's toughness.) I have the black with red buttons on the way sooooo, we'll see!

Chris

Holy crap, the new mudman is essentially same size as the king.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

This thread keeps popping up, so I guess I better throw mine in. Sorry for the crappy pic.

BrendanSilent and n_wildgirl like this.
    Hook 'Em!! Hidden Content Hidden Content

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

Hey Reedster, great point. Which is where I was going. I think that's why the King was developed like it was, to be ultra shock resistant...more so than the typical G. Likewise, my buddy who used to be in the Army said that if he were still in, he would buy a King because A: it's big so it lets him know it's there and 2: it supposedly IS extremely extremely tough. (points like the screw bars for the bands and buckles are what sold him AND me on it's toughness.) I have the black with red buttons on the way sooooo, we'll see!

Chris
    They use the same Gel that Asics uses in their shoes. I believe it's called AlphaGel. This surrounds the module inside the watch. Being a Super G-Shock, this is one reason the watch is called the King of G. Personally I wouldn't wear it in battle, too thick. I'd go with a slim Pathfinder such as PAW2000.

Scott
    Last edited by Shocker; August 22nd, 2011 at 18:33. Reason: typo

By edox at 06-2011
    BrendanSilent and dynosaur like this.

Midlothian, which is south of Cedar Hill, which is south of Dallas.

Wow, shipped fast. Ordered Friday, in my hands today with free shipping. I didn't get the cool "tall" tin, just the regular octagonal shaped tin. Any ideas why???

dynosaur likes this.
    The Hundreds, DW6900, Orient Ray (incoming), G90001A(OD Dark Green) {dyed ultra black now.., 2 Seiko 7002s incoming, 2 DW6600. Sorta want a GMT Alpha...but I dunno.

I didn't get the cool "tall" tin, just the regular octagonal shaped tin. Any ideas why???
    My GB came in a smaller tin as well... I would think they were just trying to get them out the door as fast as they could...
    Reedster

Added DGK to my collection :)

Page 19 of 184 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 69 119 ... LastLast

Thread Information