GXW-56 and GX56 Owners Sound Off Here: Let's Get An Official Count - Page 40
Like Tree2010Likes

Thread: GXW-56 and GX56 Owners Sound Off Here: Let's Get An Official Count

Page 40 of 188 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 90 140 ... LastLast

Re: GXW-56 and GX56 Owners Sound Off Here: Let's Get An Official Count

56-1AER (red) ------------------------- 79 watches
    56-1BER (positive display) -------------- 65 watches
    56-4ER (orange) ----------------------- 49 watches
    56GB-1ER (golden) --------------------- 36 watches
    56DGK- 1ER (violet) -------------------- 26 watches
    56E-1JF (blue) ------------------------- 19 watches
    56KG-3JF (army green) ------------------ 5 watches
    56 digital dawn MOD --------------------- 1 watch
    56 custom (1AER + 4ER) ----------------- 1 watch

Together 281 Kings

Just bought a GX56 but I can't get used to the neg display so I'm loking for a "positive" trade

Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    Omg I've been looking for a strap like that for my king! would you mind telling me how you went about it, kind fella.
    Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
    Assuming you mean me Amaro, old chap. It's bought from a UK army surplus shop some years ago. It's actually a one piece Sleeve/cover. Cheap as chips, but does keep all the site dust/detritus off nicely. Stinks a bit, but is machine washable. (Which is to say, it hasn't fallen apart yet.) See shots below.....
    A brief google using words/script like DPM, NATO, watchstrap cover, UK gives you... Military style Watch Covers - Surplus and Outdoors
    You might come up with better if you exercise more patience than i. Even works on old Code Masters....
    Attached Images Attached Images

dynosaur likes this.

Does any one have any tips on better fitting my king on my wrist? Like the fourth hole is too loose and the third is too tight :/ thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheengineer View Post
    Assuming you mean me Amaro, old chap. It's bought from a UK army surplus shop some years ago. It's actually a one piece Sleeve/cover. Cheap as chips, but does keep all the site dust/detritus off nicely. Stinks a bit, but is machine washable.

Oh ok I see now! Nice! I actually thought you had replaced the straps with those, and since I am currently looking for a way to better "fit" my king on the wrist I figured this would have been exactly what I was looking for. Great project nonetheless, I might have to do some fabrication and come up with something. Cheers.

Last edited by Amaro; April 23rd, 2012 at 04:24.

My complete KING's..

GXW-56KG-3JF, finally arrived..

Sorry for the low quality pics just excited.. LOL!

Name:  e72614.jpg
Views: 1349
Size:  73.8 KB

Name:  e72616.jpg
Views: 1511
Size:  121.6 KB

Name:  e72618.jpg
Views: 1839
Size:  99.2 KB
    desire68, Piowa, Chrisek and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    Does any one have any tips on better fitting my king on my wrist? Like the fourth hole is too loose and the third is too tight :/ thanks in advance.

Dude, last time i screwed with a factory standard strap, i left a nice new luminox ($200) that i was just getting to like, with a nice new NATO strap($25) at the bottom of the Cooper River in North Caroliner.
    Although you cant see it, that Code master has a similar "mod" to the below Frog (If you can see that, sorry for the crap camera) Basically cut four slots into a nice thick (2" or 50mm) piece of belt leather. Once you have it in place, it just kinda fits your wrist in time. I mean litterally....it just gets more and more comfortable. IF YOU CAN stand the offset. They last for years and all the stinky build up you get, you can just scrape off. (YUK!) But hey, it works.....
    There's prolly better ways. but not many that last. That piece of leather on the frog was first on a protrek 10 plus years ago....
    And the chicks dig the pheromones......Ok no....I'd scrap often...and..well!....in my case....anyway....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by slicksouljah View Post
    My complete KING's..
    GXW-56KG-3JF, finally arrived..
    I have the pleasure to welcome the first 7 Kings collection here. Congrats.

Nice picture-story btw.
    picture 1 - greetings of the new arrival
    picture 2 - hail to the new King
    picture 3 - new King's inspection

56-1AER (red) ------------------------- 79 watches
    56-1BER (positive display) -------------- 65 watches
    56-4ER (orange) ----------------------- 49 watches
    56GB-1ER (golden) --------------------- 36 watches
    56DGK- 1ER (violet) -------------------- 26 watches
    56E-1JF (blue) ------------------------- 19 watches
    56KG-3JF (army green) ------------------ 6 watches
    56 digital dawn MOD --------------------- 1 watch
    56 custom (1AER + 4ER) ----------------- 1 watch

Together 282 Kings

Quote Originally Posted by dantheengineer View Post
    Dude, last time i screwed with a factory standard strap, i left a nice new luminox ($200) that i was just getting to like, with a nice new NATO strap($25) at the bottom of the Cooper River in North Caroliner.
    Although you cant see it, that Code master has a similar "mod" to the below Frog (If you can see that, sorry for the crap camera) Basically cut four slots into a nice thick (2" or 50mm) piece of belt leather. Once you have it in place, it just kinda fits your wrist in time. I mean litterally....it just gets more and more comfortable. IF YOU CAN stand the offset. They last for years and all the stinky build up you get, you can just scrape off. (YUK!) But hey, it works.....
    There's prolly better ways. but not many that last. That piece of leather on the frog was first on a protrek 10 plus years ago....
    And the chicks dig the pheromones......Ok no....I'd scrap often...and..well!....in my case....anyway....
    Oh gosh!!! Yeah I'd rather deal with the king the way it is lol I would hate to lose it to the bottom of the Delaware river or something, especially since summer is arriving. Actually, weird story... Today I decided to wear it on my right wrist instead of my left (on the third hole) and surprisingly enough it fits and feels very good! I'm happy and you may have just saved a king with your story there sir'! Since I'll be doing ZERO modifications to this factory band! Cheers! And thanks again

dantheengineer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Piowa View Post
    I have the pleasure to welcome the first 7 Kings collection here. Congrats.
    Together 282 Kings
    You mean 283 Kings ;)
    Current Rotation:
    Tudor Black Bay (on OEM bracelet) | Rado Original Automatic 648.0408.3.161 | Royal Orient WE0011JB | Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch 311.30.42.30.01.005 | Casio G-Shock GWF-1000-1DR

G-Shock collection:
    GW-M5630E-9JR, GA-400-4A, DW-6900SG, GW-5000-1JF, GWF-1000-1DR, GW-200Z-1DR, GW-9200-1, GX-56-1B, G-5600E, G-6900-1, DW-5600MS, G-7302RL (non-functioning)

Wishlist:
    Credor ​Eichi (when pigs fly) | Credor ​Eichi II (when fishes talk) | FP Journe Chronometre Bleu (acquired) | Urban Jurgensen & Sonner Ref. 3 (acquired) | D.Dornbluth & Sohn Cal. 99.5 (acquired) | Moritz Grossmann BENU Rose Gold ​(acquired)

**Sig limit reached...**

Page 40 of 188 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 90 140 ... LastLast

Thread Information