Help! can't perform manual receive of atomic clock when countdown time is in use. PAW1300T

Thread: Help! can't perform manual receive of atomic clock when countdown time is in use. PAW1300T

Question Help! can't perform manual receive of atomic clock when countdown time is in use. PAW1300T

I tried to go to the PAW1300T's R/C mode and perform manual receive of the atomic clock last night. No matter how many times I pressed the button, it won't respond. I figured my watch was broken and fell asleep.

When I woke up this morning, I figured out what had happened. The countdown timer was running! I stopped the CDT and went back into R/C mode. Voila! The manual receive function works again. After the watch synched, I tried this with the stopwatch. Having the stopwatchin running does not affect manual receive. Apparently, running the CDT is the only thing that will cause my PAW1300T to refuse to a manual receive command....

This also got me thinking... I have a habit of using countdown timer, instead of the alarms, to wake me up. For example, I set the CDT for 8 hour when I go to bed. I wake up when the CDT ends and starts beeping. I'm a very light sleeper and I do hear the watch, which is next to my pillow... Does this mean that the auto receive function is disabled when the countdown timer is running? Going to try this tonight and see what happens....

As usual, this doesn't seem to be mentioned in the Casio manual... Can other PAW1300T owners check their watches and tell me if the same thing happens? Start a countdown timer, and then try to perform a manual receive.... does it work?

Thanks! :thanks
    Last edited by bluemoose; May 1st, 2007 at 12:30.

Re: Help! can't perform manual receive of atomic clock when countdown time is in use. PAW1

Yup, mine too.

Re: Help! can't perform manual receive of atomic clock when countdown time is in use. PAW1

I'm pretty sure that the watch has to be in "time keeping mode" to receive the signal. Now I'm not sure whether or not Casio considers the count down timer in that mode (doesn't sound like it). Every one of my Waveceptors have stated that in the instructions though.
    G-Shock G2300
    G-Shock DW6600
    G-Shock GW1500
    G-Shock GW9000
    Citizen BN0016 Orca
    Citizen BJ8040-08E Zilla
    Seiko H558-5009 Arnold
    Seiko SHC059 Sawtooth
    Seiko SBBN007 Tuna Can
    Orient Star WZ0271FD 300M

Quote Originally Posted by JCraw View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the watch has to be in "time keeping mode" to receive the signal. Now I'm not sure whether or not Casio considers the count down timer in that mode (doesn't sound like it). Every one of my Waveceptors have stated that in the instructions though.
    The point that bluemoose is making is that if the countdown timer is running, regardless of whether it's on the screen or not, then the sync won't happen.

I've just verified this on mine. It's true. It won't let me do a manual sync if the countdown timer is running in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by dudegalea View Post
    The point that bluemoose is making is that if the countdown timer is running, regardless of whether it's on the screen or not, then the sync won't happen.

I've just verified this on mine. It's true. It won't let me do a manual sync if the countdown timer is running in the background.
    Yeah... that's exactly what I meant....

Guess Casio designed it that way... no manual receive
    if you're going to use CDT. Why they did that is really
    beyond me.

Something to do with power management? Just a guess.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Something to do with power management? Just a guess.
    That's possible... but manual receive works fine when the stopwatch is running....

perhaps there's something inside the watch that detectes time going backwards(countdown timer) and gets confused?

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoose View Post
    perhaps there's something inside the watch that detectes time going backwards(countdown timer) and gets confused?
    That'll be it.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Thread Information