Hey! I spotted a CASIO DEAL here! - Page 11
Like Tree405Likes

Thread: Hey! I spotted a CASIO DEAL here!

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Re: Hey! I spotted a CASIO DEAL here!

Congratulations Gary!

What a beauty. I already have the red one, but If another deal like this comes up, I may get myself in trouble.
    GaryK30 likes this.

Wes, you're right the orange/copper color's real subtle from Gary's picture. Congrats Gary for a great watch and deal!

So many good deals out there, so many temptations... On one hand, I'd like to resist my temptation, especially it's a time for buying gifts for the others, not self. On the other hand, if I don't buy some now, there may not be deals like these for a while. Dilemma, dilemma...
    GaryK30 and WES51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Watch_Geekmaster View Post
    Wes, you're right the orange/copper color's real subtle from Gary's picture. Congrats Gary for a great watch and deal!

So many good deals out there, so many temptations... On one hand, I'd like to resist my temptation, especially it's a time for buying gifts for the others, not self. On the other hand, if I don't buy some now, there may not be deals like these for a while. Dilemma, dilemma...
    Here's a pic taken in the shade that shows a little better the copper inner bezel, function hand and second hand. The look of the copper pieces changes a lot depending on the lighting and the presence or absence of reflections.

Name:  ProTrek PRW-S6000Y-1 (PB290196).JPG
Views: 344
Size:  1.20 MB
    Last edited by GaryK30; November 30th, 2016 at 01:32.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaandddd BOOM...
    Great price for someone who needs a used Mudmaster at a reasonable price

CASIO MUDMASTER WATCH G-SHOCK GWG-1000 SAPPHIRE GLASS. | eBay

Quote Originally Posted by STavros78 View Post
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaandddd BOOM...
    Great price for someone who needs a used Mudmaster at a reasonable price

CASIO MUDMASTER WATCH G-SHOCK GWG-1000 SAPPHIRE GLASS. | eBay
    Thanks for sharing.

I wonder what the "S" to the left of the "G" means. Sample?

Also it might be just a reflection on the picture, but it looks like the keeper may be scratched. As reference, I'm rotating mine for over two month now (maybe even three month) with my PRW6000, while the Mudmaster gets most of the wrist time and my keeper still looks new. Not like new, NEW. (OK, I admit, I take care of my things).

OK, I looked at it closer again.

It IS no doubt a well WORN watch. The bezel is actually worn much worse than mine (mine still looks like new). Sure no big deal for this watch, yet the seller lists it as "Like New" and once I see something like that, I wonder what else on this watch is presented with such optimism.

Most recent picture of my watch as comparison:
    JohnQFord and GaryK30 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WES51 View Post
    Thanks for sharing.

I wonder what the "S" to the left of the "G" means. Sample?

Also it might be just a reflection on the picture, but it looks like the keeper may be scratched. As reference, I'm rotating mine for over two month now (maybe even three month) with my PRW6000, while the Mudmaster gets most of the wrist time and my keeper still looks new. Not like new, NEW. (OK, I admit, I take care of my things).
    yep S means sample. theres been a few threads about it, from the ones ive come across theyve been fully functional and just like the real deal, just samples given to stores and staff.
    the keeper is def. scratched, those kind of scratches and the scuffs around the bezel dont happen with "only worn a few times" unless youre clumsy or careless.
    i dont know aobut you guys but it really erks me when sellers say "like new" when it clearly isnt. what shop are they shopping at when a "new" item has signs of wear??
    JohnQFord and WES51 like this.
    Yippie kayak other buckets!

Hidden Content Hidden Content
    IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

iam in no way connected to the seller and of course its not my lisTING, I just saw a used one in a reasonable price that might interest anyone. i also get pissed when they say that item is like new but in fact its used and had seen better times. it must be a sales sample or whatever. if i was interested for a beater pair i would threw him an offer of 300 usd shipped payment via paypal invoice which i would still be protected and 300 usd is a sweet price.iam pretty sure scratches in keeper can be removed with steel wool extra fine Grade 0000
    Last edited by STavros78; December 1st, 2016 at 08:37.

@STavros78, no blame to your part. I'm sure you meant it well with the best of intentions.

But like said, it is irritating to see sellers describing their items with such generousity. It is just not right.

If properly noted in the sellers description, the scratches on the keeper would be really no big deal, especially because sooner or later they will happen anyway. Neither are the bezel scratches, the bezel can be replaced for a few dollars.

My issues with this seller is trust or the lack of.
    soulbridgemedia and STavros78 like this.

One of my Mudmasters came from the factory with a horribly scratched keeper. However, it is designed to fall off buildings and take random beatings. I don't care about the keeper. I just want it to work and not break.
    Worker and JSM9872 like this.

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast