Hey! I spotted a CASIO DEAL here! - Page 18
Like Tree387Likes

Thread: Hey! I spotted a CASIO DEAL here!

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Re: Hey! I spotted a CASIO DEAL here!

Extremely disappointing that the ebay listings for GWN1000 and GWA1100 don't ship to Canada. What exactly makes it so hard to ship to here?

If anyone happens to pick up an extra blacked out GWN1000 and is brave enough to face the terrors of shipping to Canada drop me a pm...
    Last edited by monkeyarms; 1 Week Ago at 06:28.

Black one is out of stock
    258 white more Gulfies available.This guy has bought a container of them from Casio.LOL
    GTR83 and hoss like this.

Quote Originally Posted by STavros78 View Post
    Nope

Excludes: US Protectorates, Africa, Asia, Central America and Caribbean, Europe, Middle East, North America, Oceania, Southeast Asia, South America
    Ugh. Well at least that means I get to save some money 😂
    Thanks STavros78!
    PWack, WES51 and STavros78 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GTR83 View Post
    Ugh. Well at least that means I get to save some money 
    Thanks STavros78!
    Well i dont think u will have much time.if he keeps selling them at these rate they will be gone in a week or so

Well i dont think u will have much time.if he keeps selling them at these rate they will be gone in a week or so
    Mysteriously enough, the white Gulfmaster has just been listed as a new arrival on a popular online shop down here. This particular online shop is operated by a bulk importer who also operates a brick and mortar store, with all three entities using the same name. They sell to individuals through their online shop and physical storefront, and they also sell in bulk to other dealers. So their online shop inventory is usually a good indication of what watches have just been imported that will soon also appear in the inventories of everyone else.

These guys are selling the white Gulfie for $400 on their online shop. For some reason I'm suspicious that they have also benefited from that eBay deal

After some quick calculation I decided that this is not much of a deal for those living in Indonesia anyway. Based from my past experience as an individual buyer buying watches from overseas, here's a calculation of how much I can expect to pay if I theoretically buy that Gulfie from the Bay:
    $155 - the watch itself
    $4.65 - 3% allowance for Paypal fees etc
    $25 - insured shipping with tracking (this is based on EMS tariff, FedEx etc can easily be more per kilogram of the package)
    $40.5 - 22.5% import tax which is applied on grand total of item price & shipping fees

If the package is sent through FedEx or DHL there will usually be a warehouse/handling fee that the Indonesian FedEx and DHL representatives charge their customers due to what they call long queues for customs clearance (although I prefer to call it cutthroat robbery by both the Customs office and the forwarders). This will usually be in the range of $20-25/day so let's say the item sits on the warehouse for 5 days (and that is being very optimistic), the grand total I spent would be a whopping $350.

All things considered I would be much better off buying the watch from that importer I mentioned, but I will definitely feel like I was fleeced. No wonder a lot of Indonesians prefer to go to Singapore to buy watches.

Seller raised prices unfortunately
    samshy likes this.

Seller raised prices unfortunately
    You're right. The white Gulfmaster went up +$24 and the yellow Gulfmaster went up +$29 and the all black Gulfmaster is sold out. I would've lost out on this deal if I didn't buy the black Gulfmaster. I would've also had to pay +$53 more for the white and yellow Gulfmaster had I not bought them a few days ago when the white one was 69% off and the yellow one was 66% off from their retail price of $500.
    TAner likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hoss View Post
    You're right. The white Gulfmaster went up +$24 and the yellow Gulfmaster went up +$29 and the all black Gulfmaster is sold out. I would've lost out on this deal if I didn't buy the black Gulfmaster. I would've also had to pay +$53 more for the white and yellow Gulfmaster had I not bought them a few days ago when the white one was 69% off and the yellow one was 66% off from their retail price of $500.
    Now the party is REALLY over White and Yellow at 275 usd.
    Time4Playnow likes this.

Now the party is REALLY over White and Yellow at 275 usd.
    Hey STavros78,
    Are you by any chance living in Greece? I noticed that you have a Greek name. If you are Greek, I was wondering how many Euros the all black, the white and the yellow GWN1000 Gulfman costs over there in Greece? I was in Greece last summer for 6 weeks, but I didn't see any of the Gulfman models in any of the watch shops in Kalamata where I was at. They only had the old classic style cheaper priced lcd digital Casios like the GW6900, DW6900, DW5600, A168 and A158.
    Last edited by hoss; 1 Week Ago at 19:04.

Quote Originally Posted by hoss View Post
    Hey STavros78,
    Are you by any chance living in Greece? I noticed that you have a Greek name. If you are Greek, I was wondering how many Euros the all black, the white and the yellow GWN1000 Gulfman costs over there in Greece? I was in Greece last summer for 6 weeks, but I didn't see any of the Gulfman models in any of the watch shops in Kalamata where I was at. They only had the old classic style cheaper priced lcd digital Casios like the GW6900, DW6900, DW5600, A168 and A158.

Hello yes iam Greek :) . unfortunately Greek market is dry G-wise and the prices are silly high.All GWN-1000 colourways are around 500 euros and more.Silly.only way is ebay and generally net prices.Kalamata is a very nice place close to the sea and with a great night life beaches and women.its in the South though around 300 kms far from me.
    GTR83 and hoss like this.

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast