Hey! I spotted a CASIO DEAL here! - Page 22
Like Tree387Likes

Thread: Hey! I spotted a CASIO DEAL here!

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Re: Hey! I spotted a CASIO DEAL here!

I purchased three (3) Gulfmaster GWN10000 from EBay during the really good deal that was going on last week. I bought the all white, the all black and the all yellow Gulfmaster from the same EBay seller (Watcheshalfprice).

Did anybody else in here buy the Yellow Gulfmaster GWN1000-9A like I did? I received mine today and it didn't come with the huge foam sponge thingy that they put inside the G-Shock tin together with the watch. The huge foam sponge is "missing". However, my Yellow Gulfmaster did come wrapped inside the little clear plastic baggie and it also had the clear factory wrapped tape around the watch case and around the metal keeper on the watch band. It also came with the Casio tag on the buckle and the owner's manual. The ONLY thing that was missing was the huge sponge that they put on the inside the watch when it's stored inside the factory metal G-Shock tin. I inspected the watch and it doesn't look like it's been used or returned, but I'm wondering WHY the large foam sponge wasn't in the G-Shock tin together with the watch? I also ordered 2 other GWN1000 Gulfmaster watches from the same seller that I received together with this one and they both came together with the large foam sponge in the tin. Has anybody else in here recently purchased the Yellow Gulfmaster from the Ebay seller watcheshalfprice and got it without the big foam sponge like I did???
    Last edited by hoss; 4 Days Ago at 01:53.

To put your mind at ease, Grey Market Sellers put the watches in whatever case they want to or have on hand. It does not mean the watch is not a legitimate Casio G-Shock.

I would not care about the foam in the tin. I wear the watch not the foam or tin.

Glad you found a great deal on those.
    Casio/ Citizen/ Deep Blue/ G-Shock/ Orient/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

Quote Originally Posted by Rocat View Post
    To put your mind at ease, Grey Market Sellers put the watches in whatever case they want to or have on hand. It does not mean the watch is not a legitimate Casio G-Shock.

I would not care about the foam in the tin. I wear the watch not the foam or tin.

Glad you found a great deal on those.
    Yeah, of all the things that might not be present with a delivered watch, the foam piece is one of the last that would concern me.

The most important thing is that it's a legitimate watch (it is) and that nothing is wrong with it. As long as that's true, you have nothing to worry about.

How about some photos of your new trio????!!
    Rocat and samshy like this.

Okay, maybe I shouldn't be concerned about the foam sponge that didn't come in the G-Shock tin together with my Yellow GWN1000-9A Gulfmaster. I just find it odd that the foam piece wasn't together with the watch only because I own over 50+ plus G-Shocks and each and every one of them that came inside the black G-Shock metal tin also came together with the foam sponge. That's all.
    From what I can tell, the Yellow GWN1000-9A that I received looks brand new. I don't particularly notice or see any marks on it as being a used or a returned watch.
    I've taken a few pictures of each of the 3 Gulfmaster G-Shocks for everyone to see.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Time4Playnow, Laso1, Rocat and 3 others like this.

I just noticed that my Yellow Gulfmaster GWN1000-9A is a Japan domestic model. It has "Japan H" engraved on the back of the watch. No wonder why the foam sponge didn't come together with the watch inside the black G-Shock metal tin. The Casio G-Shock cardboard box has the correct model number of the watch on it. The metal tin that came together with the cardboard box was missing the large foam sponge "probably" because Japanese domestic model GWN1000 Gulfmaster watches do NOT come with the large foam sponge piece together with the G-Shock metal tins. Maybe that's why mine was missing the foam sponge piece that holds the watch in place inside the metal tin. I cannot think of any other reason why the foam is missing other than maybe the seller took the watch out for inspection and put the foam piece aside and accidently forgot to put it back into the tin after inspection. So who knows what really happened. My OCD is kicking in here and I think that the watch having the word "Japan H" engraved on the back of it might have something to do with the foam piece being missing from the metal tin while everything else was present.
    Last edited by hoss; 4 Days Ago at 06:32.

Quote Originally Posted by hoss View Post
    I just noticed that my Yellow Gulfmaster GWN1000-9A is a Japan domestic model. It has "Japan H" engraved on the back of the watch. No wonder why the foam sponge didn't come together with the watch inside the black G-Shock metal tin...
    Someone correct me, if I'm wrong. From what I've seen, JDM models usually don't come with the hex metal tin. The tin is usually for releases in America, Europe or other locations. They probably grab the tin from another G model. There are actually 2 pieces of foams inside the tin. One fills around the inside of tin with a cut out in the middle. The other came from the cut out and being wrap around by the watch strap. It's not unusual for the cut out piece to be missing, I have several Gs came without it. A lot of time sellers inspect the watch, then either forget about the foam or couldn't fit it correctly back in again. No big deal. But if you're missing the piece that fills the tin and having the watch knocking around inside an empty tin, then might be slightly concerning.

But like you said, you inspected the watch and nothing wrong. So don't worry about it, it's a G-shock, foam protection is not really necessary. Some cheaper G's came with packaging a lot worse than that.

Oh how I wish I could buy the all black one at that price...I wouldn't mind the missing foam, or even the box... :( If anyone wants to get rid of their all black one or has bought 5 and doesn't need all of them, let me know!
    Omega Seamaster Ploprof
    Panerai PAM087
    Panerai PAM372
    Hamilton Ventura XXL
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman
    Casio Royale

Quote Originally Posted by Watch_Geekmaster View Post
    Someone correct me, if I'm wrong. From what I've seen, JDM models usually don't come with the hex metal tin. The tin is usually for releases in America, Europe or other locations. They probably grab the tin from another G model. There are actually 2 pieces of foams inside the tin. One fills around the inside of tin with a cut out in the middle. The other came from the cut out and being wrap around by the watch strap. It's not unusual for the cut out piece to be missing, I have several Gs came without it. A lot of time sellers inspect the watch, then either forget about the foam or couldn't fit it correctly back in again. No big deal. But if you're missing the piece that fills the tin and having the watch knocking around inside an empty tin, then might be slightly concerning.

But like you said, you inspected the watch and nothing wrong. So don't worry about it, it's a G-shock, foam protection is not really necessary. Some cheaper G's came with packaging a lot worse than that.

I never knew that the JDM Japan models did not come with the hex metal tin. And you are right about 2 pieces of foam that are supposed to be inside the tin. Mine "did" come with the one that fills around the inside of the tin with a cut out in the middle. The foam piece that's missing from mine is the one that's supposed to be "stuffed" on the inside of the watch strap. I also noticed that the black factory G-Shock box that came together with the watch is definitely the "correct" box for the particular watch because it has the model number of the watch (GWN1000-9A) printed out on the section of the box where bar code is located. I'm wondering about what you said about the hex metal tin not coming with JDM models. I'm wondering how it is that the Casio factory cardboard box has the correct model number of the yellow Gulfmaster printed on it if the JDM watch that I got isn't supposed to come with a hex metal tin? It's just kind of odd that the cardboard box is the correct box for the model watch that I received, but the metal tin might not be the correct one for the watch lol. I've never experienced this before whenever I bought a G-Shock.

You mention that you have several G's that came "without" the cut out foam piece, but came only with the foam piece that fills around the inside of the tin with a hole cut out in the middle. Are the G's that you own that didn't come with the foam piece that's stuffed inside the watch strap only JDM models? Maybe only the JDM models are the only ones that do not come with the cut out foam piece, but do come with the correct G-Shock cardboard box and everything else (clear plastic baggie, watch tag, instruction manual). If this is true, then that's why my JDM Gulfmaster didn't come with the cut out piece of foam.

At this point, I'm just going to wear the watch and enjoy it. I didn't buy it for it to be a drawer queen.

Oh and by the way, I checked the serial numbers on the back of my Yellow Gulfmaster and the last 4 digits end in 017E which I looked up on here in the forums and found out that my watch was manufactured on the 17th day of January of 2015 which was a Saturday. Also, the first 4 digits of the serial number are 201C which identifies the factory code where the watch was manufactured in Japan. So the entire sequence of the serial numbers on my Yellow Gulfmaster is 201C017E.
    Last edited by hoss; 4 Days Ago at 09:27.
    cman1120 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hoss View Post
    I just noticed that my Yellow Gulfmaster GWN1000-9A is a Japan domestic model. It has "Japan H" engraved on the back of the watch. No wonder why the foam sponge didn't come together with the watch inside the black G-Shock metal tin. The Casio G-Shock cardboard box has the correct model number of the watch on it. The metal tin that came together with the cardboard box was missing the large foam sponge "probably" because Japanese domestic model GWN1000 Gulfmaster watches do NOT come with the large foam sponge piece together with the G-Shock metal tins. Maybe that's why mine was missing the foam sponge piece that holds the watch in place inside the metal tin. I cannot think of any other reason why the foam is missing other than maybe the seller took the watch out for inspection and put the foam piece aside and accidently forgot to put it back into the tin after inspection. So who knows what really happened. My OCD is kicking in here and I think that the watch having the word "Japan H" engraved on the back of it might have something to do with the foam piece being missing from the metal tin while everything else was present.
    if you're that upset about it I'll send you the foam piece that came with mine

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    "I'm just a man who loves savings... and pie."

Foam pieces aside (), it might be worth clarifying some of the terminology and related issues surrounding our beloved Gs. I have tried to learn and pay attn to this during my time with Gs, but if I am wrong on something please correct me.

First, if the back of a G says "Japan H" or even "Japan K" - it means the watch was made in Japan, at the Yamagata factory. (not sure what the "H" and "K" refer to...I thought, perhaps, the specific production line, but this is only speculation.) Sometimes a G case back will say "Japan movement, cased in Thailand." Kind of self-explanatory - the movement was made in Japan, but final assembly of the watch was done at the Thailand G-shock factory.

"JDM" watch - this is a watch intended for just the Japan Domestic Market, and it is typically available for sale only in Japan. (I learned this from the Seiko side of my hobby, but it applies to some Gs too) But thanks to the wonders of e-commerce, now those of us in the U.S. (or elsewhere) can buy JDM watches online FROM Japan that, prior to the Internet age, were typically available only to people in Japan. A watch that says "Japan H" or "Japan K" on the case back only means it was MADE in Japan - it does not necessarily mean it is truly a JDM watch.

What do the last 2 letters of a g-shock model represent? - such as "JF" or "DR" or "CR" (this part is more conclusion than fact-based, though I have seen other posts supporting this, not necessarily just in f17) -- for example, a GWF-D1000NV-2JF. The last two letters seem to indicate the intended retail market for the target watch. So in our example of the D1000NV-2JF, it is intended for the Japan retail market. Same with "JR," from what I can tell.
    • If a G has "JF" at the end of the model number, does this mean it is a JDM watch? No. Again, using the GWF-D1000NV example - there are GWF-D1000NV-2DR versions sold outside of Japan, making it a non-JDM watch.
    • *** Some people wrongly think that a g-shock with a "JF" or "JR" extension means that the watch was MADE IN JAPAN; this is not necessarily true! Evidence for this is provided by the Rangeman. There are "JR" or "JF" Rangeman versions and NONE of them are made in Japan - all Rangeman versions are made in Thailand.
    • So what do other letters at the end of the model represent? (such as "CR" or "DR") This, I am unsure about. I say this because I own g-shocks purchased FROM U.S. dealers with both the "CR" and "DR" designators... I have read posts suggesting that the letters indicate a general region for retail sale of the watch - for ex, DR might be North America, while CR might be Europe, etc. I have seen yet other information suggesting that "DR" simply means "export version."

"JF" vs. 'other' versions of a model - for example GWF-D1000NV-2JF vs. GWF-D1000NV-2DR -- IS THERE ANY DIFFERENCE between them?? This depends on the specific model - and you may need to do your homework. In the case of this specific D1000NV in the example, there is no difference between them. They are BOTH made at the same factory in Japan, and the watches are identical. However, sometimes Casio will give the "JF" version a carbon fiber strap, and put maybe just a resin strap on non-JF watches. Be careful about paying more for "JF" or "JR" versions - you might be throwing your money away. (there might be some satisfaction in knowing that your watch came directly from Japan, but if the exact same watch is available at lower prices elsewhere.....your call)

What BOX will I get with my G??
    • If you buy it directly from Japan and you live elsewhere, you will probably get a very small, plain black box that is just large enough to contain the watch. This is typical for shipments from Japan. Depending on the model, if you are buying a model from Japan and IF you are lucky, you might get an upgraded "Master of G" box. (but don't assume that you will get this just because you are buying a Master of G model - not all Japanese sellers routinely ship them in Master of G boxes)
    • Most Gs with "other" letter designations at the end (CR, DR, etc.) will come in the little G tin inside a box - at least for those of us in the U.S. Special editions might have their own unique tins.

The white Gulfmaster I just got from that Ebay deal - the box says "GWN-1000E-8ACR." Again, the CR could mean "U.S.," or "North America" market, or something else... FWIW, mine has a Japan movement, cased in Thailand. Some Gulfmasters were assembled in Thailand, while others were fully made in Japan.

So hoss, if you are still reading -- your yellow Gulfmaster probably CAME in a tin because it was intended for sale in the U.S. market, but the seller left out the foam piece for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Time4Playnow; 3 Days Ago at 16:01.

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast