Hey! I spotted a CASIO DEAL here! - Page 23
Like Tree612Likes

Thread: Hey! I spotted a CASIO DEAL here!

Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Re: Hey! I spotted a CASIO DEAL here!

Quote Originally Posted by hoss View Post
    I just noticed that my Yellow Gulfmaster GWN1000-9A is a Japan domestic model. It has "Japan H" engraved on the back of the watch. No wonder why the foam sponge didn't come together with the watch inside the black G-Shock metal tin. The Casio G-Shock cardboard box has the correct model number of the watch on it. The metal tin that came together with the cardboard box was missing the large foam sponge "probably" because Japanese domestic model GWN1000 Gulfmaster watches do NOT come with the large foam sponge piece together with the G-Shock metal tins. Maybe that's why mine was missing the foam sponge piece that holds the watch in place inside the metal tin. I cannot think of any other reason why the foam is missing other than maybe the seller took the watch out for inspection and put the foam piece aside and accidently forgot to put it back into the tin after inspection. So who knows what really happened. My OCD is kicking in here and I think that the watch having the word "Japan H" engraved on the back of it might have something to do with the foam piece being missing from the metal tin while everything else was present.

Damn, I was just about to say something about OCD.

And I thought I have it bad. :)

Take it easy for a change, it's weekend.

PS: get this.. that ebay seller sent me 2 white Gulfmaster by accident, I only ordered one. And both had the foam. lol

Send 1 back obviously.
    Last edited by McCarthy; April 21st, 2017 at 17:31.

Okay, thank you for explaining everything in detail regarding the JDM and the North American G-Shock versions. I never knew that there were so many different versions of the way that Casio categorizes and separates each of their G-Shock models for their various markets.

As for the missing foam piece, I'm not worried about it being missing as long as the watch is factory brand new and not a used or returned item. That's the only reason why I was suspicious when I noticed that the foam piece was missing. I thought that maybe the watch was used or returned. That's the only reason why I brought up this subject about the missing foam piece.
    Time4Playnow likes this.

The case of the mysterious missing foam piece! We must get to the bottom of this!!
    Inca Bloc and Ossamanity like this.

Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  91.2 KB
    "Unum Non Satis"

Hidden Content

Lol

I've been wearing all 3 of my new Gulfmaster watches throughout the day today. Especially the all black one which I think will be my every day beater watch for the next few months. The black one even has some battle scars on it already from me accidently lightly knocking the steel engraved bezel against the underneath part of my steel desk as was trying to pick something up from the floor. I also accidently lightly knocked it on the edge of the open doorless metal refrigerator shelving at the supermarket as I was taking a carton of lemonade off the shelf. These two incidents put 3 very light scuff marks on the polished shiny edge part of the engraved stainless steel bezel. Being the extra large size that this watch is, it's easy to bump it into things when moving my arm and hand around while doing things. Does anybody else in here have this same problem with the Gulfmaster because of its large size? Do you notice that the large size of the Gulfmaster on your wrist makes it very easy to accidently bump into things? Especially accidently bumping the metal bezel that's on top of the watch into things?
    Last edited by hoss; April 22nd, 2017 at 05:16.

Quote Originally Posted by hoss View Post
    I've been wearing all 3 of my new Gulfmaster watches throughout the day today. Especially the all black one which I think will be my every day beater watch for the next few months. The black one even has some battle scars on it already from me accidently lightly knocking the steel engraved bezel against the underneath part of my steel desk as was trying to pick something up from the floor. I also accidently lightly knocked it on the edge of the open doorless metal refrigerator shelving at the supermarket as I was taking a carton of lemonade off the shelf. These two incidents put 3 very light scuff marks on the polished shiny edge part of the engraved stainless steel bezel. Being the extra large size that this watch is, it's easy to bump it into things when moving my arm and hand around while doing things. Does anybody else in here have this same problem with the Gulfmaster because of its large size? Do you notice that the large size of the Gulfmaster on your wrist makes it very easy to accidently bump into things? Especially accidently bumping the metal bezel that's on top of the watch into things?
    Yes.
    Time4Playnow and Mrcrooka1 like this.

I found this at my local Target yesterday.
    Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  972.8 KB

M A Y D A Y

M A Y D A Y

M A Y D A Y

RED ALERT

White Gulfie is back at the steal price and little less 153.99Hurry up

Casio G-Shock Men's GWN1000E-8A Gulfmaster Tough Solar Triple Sensor Watch | eBay

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    Foam pieces aside (), it might be worth clarifying some of the terminology and related issues surrounding our beloved Gs...
    Dam, did you just write a book? You need to change your name to Time4LectureNow!
    Time4Playnow and Ossamanity like this.

Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread Information