Hey! I spotted a CASIO DEAL here! - Page 4
Like Tree592Likes

Thread: Hey! I spotted a CASIO DEAL here!

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Re: Hey! I spotted a CASIO DEAL here!

Quote Originally Posted by Prdrers View Post
    I was about to pull the trigger on the DW5600HR-1CR, until I saw the $20 for shipping. That's a negative.
    wow,$20 shipping?!?! pretty much eats up the savings, but T-shirts are cool. most ive ever paid was $12.40 from Hi to NJ, the reason being i got a GD-X6900CM-5D new in box for $42.50 (liquidation sale)

With the discount, and the shirt. I couldn't resist the Kikuo Ibe signed 5600E.
    Time4Playnow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerswit View Post
    wow,$20 shipping?!?! pretty much eats up the savings, but T-shirts are cool. most ive ever paid was $12.40 from Hi to NJ, the reason being i got a GD-X6900CM-5D new in box for $42.50 (liquidation sale)
    Yeah, I'm kind of curious if their shipping is always that high or are they gouging it to recoup the 30% off? It was definitely a kick in the gut after thinking I was going to get that watch for $70.
    Encourage someone. The world has enough critics.

"I think he's referring to the design style that's typically called a 'field watch', not necessarily the best watch to take into the field. But yeah, G-Shock ftw." - WUS User 'GuySie'

Yeah, I'm kind of curious if their shipping is always that high or are they gouging it to recoup the 30% off? It was definitely a kick in the gut after thinking I was going to get that watch for $70.
    Normally they give you options for shipping, all the way from free (ground shipping) I believe, to next day Express. Not sure why it was done this way, other than maybe for simplicity at their end.

But btw, you still could get that watch for $70. $70 - 30% is $49, + $20 shipping. But I know what you mean. The more inexpensive the watch, the more unfair that shipping cost is. On the other hand, if you're buying the MR-G for $2,600 and get it for $1,820 instead, I somehow think the $20 shipping cost wouldn't be as important then...
    JohnQFord likes this.

I agree, the more expensive the item, the less it matters. The watch was $69 and change after the discount, so $89 and change with shipping. May still be a good deal, but I can't swallow it. It's the shipping amount. Make the watch $80 and the shipping $10, and I'm in...weird I know.
    Steelerswit likes this.
    Encourage someone. The world has enough critics.

"I think he's referring to the design style that's typically called a 'field watch', not necessarily the best watch to take into the field. But yeah, G-Shock ftw." - WUS User 'GuySie'

I agree, the more expensive the item, the less it matters. The watch was $69 and change after the discount, so $89 and change with shipping. May still be a good deal, but I can't swallow it. It's the shipping amount. Make the watch $80 and the shipping $10, and I'm in...weird I know.
    Oh, okay, never mind. I thought you were talking about the Kikuo Ibe-signed DW-5600. But like I said, I could only justify that one myself once I added another watch to the order. I figured, $10 shipping for each watch - not too bad.
    Prdrers likes this.

I received my G-7700-1 today. I bought it from a vendor on eBay (see link below).

It only came with a seemingly generic plastic display stand (no box, tags or manual), but for $52.49 it seems like a pretty good deal. Mine appears to be in new condition and everything seems to work (including the Auto EL and the Flash Alert LEDs). The only thing I haven't tested yet is the accuracy, but I've set it to atomic time so I can see how it holds up over the next few days. It's definitely on the smaller side, which is fine when I don't want to wear one of my larger Gs. Also, I know some folks don't like the stainless light button and bezel insert, but I like it.

New Casio Men's G Shock Shock Resistant Watch G7700 1CU 079767882686 | eBay
    Skeptical and Prdrers like this.

i saw that too, almost pulled the trigger on it, but i had a a bid on a watch i really wanted. and was in the waiting game zone. wound up winning it with no one else bidding on it. i was shocked. im sure some will think its gaudy and in a style they dont like. (remember, i started that thread,,,lol) but Sjors bought 2 one to display, one to wear.

GA-110CS-4A Iron Man
    http://www.gshock.com/watches/Others/GA110CS-4A

http://50-gs.blogspot.com/2015/05/g-...-iron-man.html

Last edited by Steelerswit; October 16th, 2016 at 03:17.
    Skeptical likes this.

you are not alone. shipping is shipping, not a semi-hidden fee to balance a low price. unfortunately it happens a lot in other industries. airlines with fuel surcharges, baggage fees, assigned seat fee, etc. hotels with early check in/check out fee, resort fee, premium room fee (not next to elevator-yes, some charge it) and my favorite, gratuity fee- forced tipping.
    Prdrers likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of the Watch View Post
    Twin Sensor Mudmaster: GG1000-1A5 (TAN)
    $184.99 (use coupon code ad10 for $10 off) = $174.99
    http://www.jomashop.com/casio-watch-gg1000-1a5.html

On Amazon:
    around $300
    https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...rds=GG1000-1A5

If anyone wants this exact Mudmaster, this seems to be a really good deal!
    Attachment 9465930
    I love the negative display on this. But not liking the strap color. I hope they come out with a negative display with a black strap version.

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information