How accurate is the tide graph on the Gulfman G-9100?

Thread: How accurate is the tide graph on the Gulfman G-9100?

-->
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question How accurate is the tide graph on the Gulfman G-9100?

I'm interested in this watch, particularly because I used to (and sometimes still do) work in mangroves a lot and really wished I had a waterproof accurate tide watch (the one I had went out of sync within hours and was next to useless for predicting tide levels). If it is accurate, how often do you need to recalibrate it? I assume the moon phase accuracy correlates to the tidal accuracy.

If it can be accurately sync with local tides, I'll prolly get one.

I'd be really keen on this green G-Shock too if it wasn't so pricey (unless someone knows where I can get one for a good deal)...

Is it ok to post big images like this on this forum? :thanks

Re: How accurate is the tide graph on the Gulfman G-9100?

I have the old gulfamn model... I have check with the newspaper, the high tide and the lunar phases, and also the sunset and sunrise... it seems to be enough accurate for me.
    I'm not interesting for work, but I have set the watch as the manual (not easy to calculate the lunar tide interval, for me that's don't like mathematics too much!) I think that if the infoo needs is not too much porfessional, this watch can do the right job...

Thanks

Thanks Schirra.

I'm hoping there are a few avid fishermen here who own this watch...they'd need accurate tidal info.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegum View Post
    Thanks Schirra.

I'm hoping there are a few avid fishermen here who own this watch...they'd need accurate tidal info.
    forget about it man, I work with boats a lot, any tug boat company has those pocket tide books, just get in touch with those boys, they will hook you up

Quote Originally Posted by sntangerbg View Post
    forget about it man, I work with boats a lot, any tug boat company has those pocket tide books, just get in touch with those boys, they will hook you up
    Hook me up with a wet fish?...no, no, that's not what I'm after at all.

I used to use those little tide books too, but they're just not very practical when you're carrying too much gear and needing to keep an eye on the tide. A watch that does it well is ideal since you still need a waterproof watch to use the tide books anyway.

I'll try a net search for tug boat captains shall I?

Given how popular Gulfmans appear to be here, I figured more people would have tested the tide graph accuracy in the real world by now.

The tidegraph feature has always been pretty accurate on previous G-Shocks (as long as you have set the correct lunal interval), so I would expect the Gulfman to be accurate too.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

I think you're right Tribe...

...I've had a closer inspection of the manual, and it appears I can input my local lunar interval down to the minute which should make it accurate enough for my purposes. If only the Gulfman had a 10 year battery...I can wish.

As much as I'd like one of those green Hawaiian Surf G's, they're at least 3x the price of the Gulfman. I could buy the Gulfman and a PAW1300 for that much...hmmm.

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluegum View Post
    ...I've had a closer inspection of the manual, and it appears I can input my local lunar interval down to the minute which should make it accurate enough for my purposes. If only the Gulfman had a 10 year battery...I can wish.
    Get a solar Gulfman!

Interesting model I've never seen before DragonJade...

...what's different about it compared to the blue Gulfman apart from being solar? I'm not really bothered by the battery...7 years is pretty damn good for an $80 watch.

Where and how much are they if you know?

Mind you my 6900 battery is rated for 2 years (could be 3 can't remeber now) and it lasted 6 with ocasional usage of backlight and alarm.

So the new gulfamn in real life assuming you don't let alarm go for 20 sec EVERY DAY should last 10 years easy...

Point being is that new gulfman for all sense and purposes has 10 year battery life... personally I would not be supprised if in real life battery lasts 14-15 years with no replacement... this is based on casio estimate of 7 years.

Remember they base their estimate on one usage of backlight per day (and EVERY DAY) and of alarm that's let go for full 20 seconds EVERY DAY...

:)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information