Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How do I spot a fake Casio Edifice?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question How do I spot a fake Casio Edifice?

New guy here, been lurking and reading a bit so, sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, didn't see a dedicated Casio section.

Ok, so, I've always been a fan of the G=Shocks, and I just learned about the Casio Edifice series watches and gotta have one...so, like a lot of people, I jump on eBay...I see a lot of them coming from Hong Kong, so my first instinct is that its fake...under $100. (I could be wrong)

What are the tell-tale signs of a fake when it comes to the Casios?....anything I should look for other than the price?

Re: How do I spot a fake Casio Edifice?

The size of the lettering on the watch face is always a good way. Find a real one on Google images and compare the pics. If you stare long enough you will normally notices subtle, sometimes obvious differences. However of course they could use a real pic to cover up the fact it's a fake. Generally if something is too good to be true then it's probably fake.

First off, welcome to WUS.

Hard to say for sure, but it would help if you could post pictures here for other members to comment on.

I love Edifices... bit more classy than a G. Only problem is I can't wear metal straps as I hate it when watches slide down your wrist. So I tend to go for Edifices that have Resin straps.... This is my current one....

Name:  Casio Edifice EQS-500 in Black & Orange.JPG
Views: 41318
Size:  1.38 MB

I would look at EBAY feedback for the seller - after all you can easily put up a picture of a genuine and get sent a fake

Mark
    AirMech74 likes this.
    Currently Own....

CASIO GIEZ (2) - GS1050
    , GS1001,
    CASIO G-SHOCK (5) -
    G1500, AWR-M100, G1000, GW3000 (Loaned in to my collection), GW9052 (Bought to be my beater)
    CASIO DIVERS (1) - MDV-102 Marlin
    CASIO EDIFICE (1) - EQS-500 (in black/orange)
    CASIO (3) - W-S200H, W-S220H,
    WVA-430U (My dad's watch before he passed away)
    CITIZEN (1) - Ecodrive Chronograph Black PVD
    DAKOTA (1) - REQ LED Torch Watch
    MTM (1) - Special Ops Titanium Vulture
    PULSAR (1) - PQ2003
    RIPCURL (1) - Drift Surf Watch
    SECTOR (3) - 600 Ana-Digi & 600 Chrono, 600 Series Diver (Orange & Blue)
    SEIKO (2) - Black Monster on Black Resin Strap,
    Solar Divers (Orange Face) SNE109P1 - GONE ON WORLD TOUR see...http://forums.watchuseek.com/f21/sei...ur-721600.html
    ULTRASPORT (1) - NavRun 500 GPS Pulse Watch

Some listings will say "Edifice EFE-XXX" with no mention of Casio at all. I messaged one of these sellers and they said that the watches they sell use genuine Casio movements but the rest of the watch being replica; Therefore no mention of Casio in the listing.

Check seller ratings and also all of the recent model Edifices will have a blue hologram sticker on the back of the watch. Look for this in the listings as this is a good indication that it is genuine.
    Casio G-Shock: DW-6900 / DW-5600e / G-9100-2
    Casio: Edifice EQS-500C
    Citizen: Eco-Drive Corso Titanium
    Invicta: 8926c
    Seiko: Orange Monster
    Tissot: PRC200 / Quadrato Chronograph

Quote Originally Posted by Mhutchuk View Post
    I love Edifices... bit more classy than a G. Only problem is I can't wear metal straps as I hate it when watches slide down your wrist. So I tend to go for Edifices that have Resin straps.... This is my current one....

Name:  Casio Edifice EQS-500 in Black & Orange.JPG
Views: 41318
Size:  1.38 MB

I would look at EBAY feedback for the seller - after all you can easily put up a picture of a genuine and get sent a fake

Mark
    I've got this same model and it is such a great watch, and it would be perfect except for the crystal. I've got a big ugly scratch down the middle of it just from bumping into the corner of my metal computer desk at school. If only Casio would make more watches with sapphire....

Quote Originally Posted by chonga View Post
    I've got this same model and it is such a great watch, and it would be perfect except for the crystal. I've got a big ugly scratch down the middle of it just from bumping into the corner of my metal computer desk at school. If only Casio would make more watches with sapphire....
    I guess adding sapphire would make them more pricey.

I love the Edifice watches, for me they are huge bargains. When you compare them to Seiko and Citizen, I think you get alot more for your money with Casio Edifice. Not to say that Seiko and Citizen aren't decent in their own right but they can be very pricey and I sometimes can't work out why, especially when they are often made from the same materials. Seiko and Citizen tend to charge alot more for watches that share the same features as the Edifice range.

Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    First off, welcome to WUS.

Hard to say for sure, but it would help if you could post pictures here for other members to comment on.
    Well, of course, the ones on eBay use stock pics, so no pics of actual watch. I just think they seem too good to be true price-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhutchuk View Post
    Very nice watch man.

whoa...i was going to buy an edifice. didnt know they had fakes out there. thanks for the heads up. anyone have pictures of these fake edifices so i know what to avoid?
    i <3 GSHOCKS
    gr8900a || g300-ml || ef-552
    dw6500 "skyforce" || gw410-tcj "triple crown" || gw7900rd-4 "men in burning red" || gd100-ns7 "nigel sylvester"
    gw9200-1 "bullbar riseman mod" || gd100-sc7 "black and blue mod" || gd100-1b "sf giants mod" || g9000mx-8 "poorman's miro mudman mod"

Quote Originally Posted by Wardogz View Post
    I guess adding sapphire would make them more pricey.

I love the Edifice watches, for me they are huge bargains. When you compare them to Seiko and Citizen, I think you get alot more for your money with Casio Edifice. Not to say that Seiko and Citizen aren't decent in their own right but they can be very pricey and I sometimes can't work out why, especially when they are often made from the same materials. Seiko and Citizen tend to charge alot more for watches that share the same features as the Edifice range.
    I just bought another Edifice tonight with a sapphire crystal. The mineral glass left a lot to be desired.

I think if you're going to be solar/atomic or multi layered face with complex movements, a sapphire crystal would be standard. It's almost like they're skimping on a lot of models using a mineral crystal.

Either way, they are an absolutely fantastic value and for sure get more wear than my other watches.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information