How easy is it to fix a non working DW-5600C 691/901 module? - Page 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How easy is it to fix a non working DW-5600C 691/901 module?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: How easy is it to fix a non working DW-5600C 691/901 module?

There is a guy on eBay selling them for $35 + 35 shipping. And people are buying them. Sad.

Sent from Capt Kirk's communicator
    I am responsible for what I say, not your inability to comprehend.

Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Tranzformer View Post
    They are absolutely AWESOME!It's the first time in my life where I appreciated copies. I'm just so glad that the Brazilians are making decent copies (also great that they don't claim to be genuine bezels - ie no lies). Without them we wouldn't be able to wear our much loved DW5600C:)
    Yes, thanks to Marta and the other Brazilians a lot of amateurs can still enjoy their old watches. To be honest I am surprised to see Casio doesn't support their customers the same way.

Hey Sodamonkey...out of curiosity...what would be your price range on a dud DW5600C? (the seller pulled out of the sale ..maybe he had found a new love for it when I made enquiries).
    I'd probably pay a maximum of around £30-40 depending​ on the state of it. If it was in amazing condition then​ I'd most likely go up to £50 odd.

You'd need to factor in the cost of bezel and strap from Marta at watches.br for $27 as well.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB S8-50F using Tapatalk
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerswit View Post
    There is a guy on eBay selling them for $35 + 35 shipping. And people are buying them. Sad.

Yeah I've seen those as well, UK price = £28 or so, and the same for postage!

Saying that, I've seen watches on eBay being sold from abroad with absolutely ridiculous shipping costs to the UK as well, I thought eBay put a cap on postage costs if I remember from when I list things?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerswit View Post

Yeah shame there are some greedy sellers. Marta is lovely...the best price in town plus you get straps. Unfortunately I don't need the extra band as my combi bracelet fits :) The only bad point about buying from Marta is that she will send you what she has...a mixed bag of varying bezel standards. I have two bezels and both are different in standard. But Marta is sound as a pound...genuine and non greedy seller.

Quote Originally Posted by cuthbert View Post
    Yes, thanks to Marta and the other Brazilians a lot of amateurs can still enjoy their old watches. To be honest I am surprised to see Casio doesn't support their customers the same way.
    All good things must come to an end...unfortunately. As it goes..I'm usually late to the party...typical...tut :(

Name:  20170419_150917[1].jpg
Views: 13
Size:  1.86 MB
    Quote Originally Posted by sodamonkey View Post
    I'd probably pay a maximum of around £30-40 depending​ on the state of it. If it was in amazing condition then​ I'd most likely go up to £50 odd.

You'd need to factor in the cost of bezel and strap from Marta at watches.br for $27 as well.

Well I ended up paying for a working 691 Japan H - with many light scratches on the crystal...£72 incl shipment from Israel. So worked out at around £60 for the working watch. Hmm...maybe a bit much..what do you reckon?? I may have to get scratch polished out, pressure tested and resealed and possibly serviced. I'm popping into my local jewellers tomorrow to see how much they will charge for all that...hmm not gonna be cheap I don't think.
    Last edited by Tranzformer; 16 Hours Ago at 00:31. Reason: Adding a photograph

Oh by the way my 4 bezels screws will not budge at all!!! ...even with heating the screw ends. Ohhh dear...I need them out because it looks like there is no way the Brazilian bezel holes will fit over the original screws. I think the screws will snap as they feel like they are fused to the casing :( Lets see what the jewellers will say about this issue and about getting it to tip top condition tomorrow.

Oh by the way my 4 bezels screws will not budge at all!!! ...even with heating the screw ends. Ohhh dear...I need them out because it looks like there is no way the Brazilian bezel holes will fit over the original screws. I think the screws will snap as they feel like they are fused to the casing :( Lets see what the jewellers will say about this issue and about getting it to tip top condition tomorrow.
    Don't worry about the watches.br bezel, they are very soft and will 100% go over the screws, I've done it with a gold edition C I picked up once, so have others on here.

Your screws won't get damaged, obviously still be careful, but you'll find it easier than you think!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sodamonkey View Post
    Don't worry about the watches.br bezel, they are very soft and will 100% go over the screws, I've done it with a gold edition C I picked up once, so have others on here.

Your screws won't get damaged, obviously still be careful, but you'll find it easier than you think!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Okie dokey Sodamonkey. Cheers.

So I returned to my jewellers to find that they had unscrewed 3 out of four bezel screws - I was well impressed! So this will allow me to push the one remaining bezel screw through the Brazilian bezel hole.

I shall be returning Marta's two bezels and straps as I am planning on buying from another Brazilian seller who can inspect that the bezels are black in colour and has clear, crisp and pure white lettering. My combi bracelet is jet black so the dark grey bezel didn't sit well with me.

A new Renata CR2320 battery, pressure tested, one lubricated new O ring, lubricated the 4 button gaskets and 2 new strap pins for £13. I have decided to have a go at polishing my casing using Peek metal polish :) Also I shall be keeping the light scratches on the crystal as these are it's battle scars over the 30 years. A bit of its character - a testament to its longevity. Besides a screen protector is now on it so that slightly hides the scarring (I didn't really want to weaken the glass anyway). So I shall await the arrivals of the new bezels and the Peek polish.
    Last edited by Tranzformer; 43 Minutes Ago at 16:45.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information