How easy is it to fix a non working DW-5600C 691/901 module?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How easy is it to fix a non working DW-5600C 691/901 module?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    28

    How easy is it to fix a non working DW-5600C 691/901 module?

    Hi people,

    I was wondering how complicated it is to bring back to life a non working 691/901 DW-5600C module? Has anyone in this forum brought one back to life?

    I ask this because I'm wondering if it is worth buying a dud watch/module and if it is a relatively easy problem to fix. What would be the worse salvageable condition/scenario?

    ps Apologies if this has been answered previously - I haven't come across a thread on this subject.

    Thanks

    T

  2. #2
    Member Steelerswit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    South Jersey USA
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: How easy is it to fix a non working DW-5600C 691/901 module?

    Depends on what is wrong. Could be a battery, or a paper weight. Better question is how is the bezel? If it's good, buy it. Modules are easy to get, a complete bezel is highly desirable.

    Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk
    I am responsible for what I say, not your inability to comprehend.

    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  3. #3
    Member Epal2Apol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    224

    Re: How easy is it to fix a non working DW-5600C 691/901 module?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tranzformer View Post
    Hi people,

    I was wondering how complicated it is to bring back to life a non working 691/901 DW-5600C module? Has anyone in this forum brought one back to life?

    I ask this because I'm wondering if it is worth buying a dud watch/module and if it is a relatively easy problem to fix. What would be the worse salvageable condition/scenario?

    ps Apologies if this has been answered previously - I haven't come across a thread on this subject.

    Thanks

    T
    Don't be afraid to buy 5600C with dead display. Module 691/901 are very tough. Once you change the battery (always do AC reset after), the module will keep time again. Well, to be sure, verify from the seller if they already changed the battery, if not yet, go for it, because theres a great chance that it will work again. The bigger problem with 5600C (5000C and 5200) is the crystal delamination which cannot be fixed.

  4. #4
    Member cuthbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    VR, IT
    Posts
    3,849

    Re: How easy is it to fix a non working DW-5600C 691/901 module?

    Yes most of the times it's just the battery, those watches were meant to last long...besides of course the bezel.

    The main problem of the old ones is the damage on the dial that can't be really be restored AFAIK.
    Last edited by cuthbert; 3 Days Ago at 03:48.
    Tranzformer likes this.

  5. #5
    Member sodamonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Fareham, UK
    Posts
    811

    Re: How easy is it to fix a non working DW-5600C 691/901 module?

    I've had 3 of these and I bought them all in non working condition. All 3 fired up with a new battery.

    I'd be amazed if you get hold of one that it didn't work. Of course there's no guarantee, and you're taking a chance on ANY quartz watch you buy that's being sold as a non runner.

    If it were me, I'd have no hesitation in buying a 5600C if it wasn't working, but you will need to be aware of any other cosmetic issues, these usually have marks to the the crystal if they're being sold with no bezel, (highly likely!), and as mentioned by others, de-lamination can also be a problem.

    Sent from my Lenovo TAB S8-50F using Tapatalk
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    28

    Re: How easy is it to fix a non working DW-5600C 691/901 module?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelerswit View Post
    Depends on what is wrong. Could be a battery, or a paper weight. Better question is how is the bezel? If it's good, buy it. Modules are easy to get, a complete bezel is highly desirable.

    Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk
    Like someone stated already on this forum regarding NOS bezels -you're on borrowed time. Some of the recent Brazil bezel are absolutely AMAZING! My Brazilian bezel arrived the other day from Marta and I was so impressed with the how genuine they look. I assume the Brazil composite will be far better than the old bezel which were no good with UV light. So for me the real issue would be the internals of the watch. I appreciate your input though Steelerswit :)

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    28

    Re: How easy is it to fix a non working DW-5600C 691/901 module?

    Quote Originally Posted by Epal2Apol View Post
    Don't be afraid to buy 5600C with dead display. Module 691/901 are very tough. Once you change the battery (always do AC reset after), the module will keep time again. Well, to be sure, verify from the seller if they already changed the battery, if not yet, go for it, because theres a great chance that it will work again. The bigger problem with 5600C (5000C and 5200) is the crystal delamination which cannot be fixed.
    After watching how to replace a DW5000 battery on Youtube I came to the same conclusion that the person may not have actually done an actual AC reset. Hmm not read much on crystal delamination. Oh...boy...I hope mine will not have that problem (still waiting for my 691 to arrive from Israel anytime this week). Thanks Epal2Apol.

  8. #8
    Member Steelerswit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    South Jersey USA
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: How easy is it to fix a non working DW-5600C 691/901 module?

    Nothing wrong with the Brazilian ones, I have them. I also bought a POS 5600c that was dead just for the original bezel for a full restore project. My original 1987 5600c.

    Sent from Capt Kirk's communicator
    I am responsible for what I say, not your inability to comprehend.

    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    28

    Re: How easy is it to fix a non working DW-5600C 691/901 module?

    Quote Originally Posted by sodamonkey View Post
    I've had 3 of these and I bought them all in non working condition. All 3 fired up with a new battery.

    I'd be amazed if you get hold of one that it didn't work. Of course there's no guarantee, and you're taking a chance on ANY quartz watch you buy that's being sold as a non runner.

    If it were me, I'd have no hesitation in buying a 5600C if it wasn't working, but you will need to be aware of any other cosmetic issues, these usually have marks to the the crystal if they're being sold with no bezel, (highly likely!), and as mentioned by others, de-lamination can also be a problem.

    Sent from my Lenovo TAB S8-50F using Tapatalk
    Hey Sodamonkey...out of curiosity...what would be your price range on a dud DW5600C? (the seller pulled out of the sale ..maybe he had found a new love for it when I made enquiries).

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    28

    Re: How easy is it to fix a non working DW-5600C 691/901 module?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelerswit View Post
    Nothing wrong with the Brazilian ones, I have them. I also bought a POS 5600c that was dead just for the original bezel for a full restore project. My original 1987 5600c.

    Sent from Capt Kirk's communicator
    They are absolutely AWESOME!It's the first time in my life where I appreciated copies. I'm just so glad that the Brazilians are making decent copies (also great that they don't claim to be genuine bezels - ie no lies). Without them we wouldn't be able to wear our much loved DW5600C:)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. sodamonkey

Similar Threads

  1. DW 5600C 691 or 901
    By Fujoor in forum WTB - Wanted to Buy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 30th, 2016, 10:48
  2. FSOBRO: G Shock 5600C, 901 and 691
    By surrealblu in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: February 21st, 2016, 03:54
  3. FS : 2 Casio DW-5600C, module 691 and 901
    By ttsugar in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 13th, 2012, 19:17
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 20th, 2010, 10:48
  5. DW 5600C which module 691 or 901 ?
    By marinemaster in forum Casio G-Shock
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 31st, 2009, 18:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •