How TOUGH the analog G-Shocks really are? Gulfmasters, mudmasters etc. - Page 4
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: How TOUGH the analog G-Shocks really are? Gulfmasters, mudmasters etc.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Re: How TOUGH the analog G-Shocks really are? Gulfmasters, mudmasters etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergfour View Post
    I still wonder sometimes if Gshock will ever use sapphire or K2 crystal in the future. Some so called "tough" watches have one of those, although some people feel that while the Gshock would survive a fall or impact, sapphire could shatter more readily than mineral crystal. I personally would be into a special GW5000 edition say with a sapphire crystal.
    theres quite a few casios and Gs that have sapphire already
    Inca Bloc likes this.

I didn't mean that to be directed at you, I probably shouldn't have used the word "yours". I meant the specific users with the issues, as we are both aware, if the issues were wide-spread, then G-shock would be laughed at and their sales would be abysmal. Obviously G-Shocks sell well, and for a good reason, they are stubborn to kill, and built like tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by soulbridgemedia View Post
    of course and i think ive used almost those exact words to those that believe a minute % of failures applies to the majority, just thought it was a humorous (maybe only to me??) observation since there has been a bit of talk about problems with second hands on higher end Gs.
    its ok, not the first time ive been the only one laughing but thanks for pointing that out and making it a thing
    soulbridgemedia and L7R like this.

My Aw-591Ms-3Aer (so actually an older analogue) survived an impact that broke my wrist (my wrist needed a metal plate to mend it). The watch was virtually unmarked. Your body will break before the watch does.
    Steelerswit and L7R like this.

Posts like the following are incredibly inspiring (as a fan of G-Shock). Thank you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post
    This GW-3000BB has been through hell on a steel ship at sea for hundreds of thousands of nautical miles and despite the minor bruises, it still works as new.
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC0321 View Post
    I can weigh in here. This has been affixed to my tac-go bag for years; before that it was strapped to my wrist through all sorts of hell as a MCMAP instructor. Literally had combat boots and fists hit it all day long - I replaced the strap once. You'll be fine with construction work and Hockey. Enjoy the peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC0321 View Post
    Excellent point;

This is now the only G I wear nowadays // I used it on two contract deployments and shot several thousand rounds a day with it on and again trained several contract workers / operators in MCMAP. It also has never failed.

Trust me; I'm far from a G-Shock fanboy (as evidenced by my previous posts), but there is no denying the need for this watch in the field today. I've killed many Suunto's and prefer my Marathon's, but can most assuredly attest that you have little to worry about when wearing one of these.
    yankeexpress and L7R like this.

Show me your "beat up" and "abused" GWN1000 Gulfmaster. There's got to be some members in here in the forum who have a well beaten up GWN1000 Gulfmaster that they wear every day with lots of battle scars on it. Come on. Show us your beaten up and abused GWN1000 Gulfmaster.
    samshy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hoss View Post
    Show me your "beat up" and "abused" GWN1000 Gulfmaster. There's got to be some members in here in the forum who have a well beaten up GWN1000 Gulfmaster that they wear every day with lots of battle scars on it. Come on. Show us your beaten up and abused GWN1000 Gulfmaster.
    To nice looking for that abuse on other hand I have gwg 1000 and that one was tested properly still as new (except bezel)

I've wearing my all Black GWN1000 now for over 1 week and today I accidently hit it very hard on the ceramic on the corner of the bathroom sink. I didn't notice any damage to it other than a very light scuff mark on the outer edge of the engraved metal bezel. Even the light scuff mark is very hard too see. You have to look at it with a 10X loop to notice it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information