Is the inner middle case of the mudmaster steel or plastic? - Page 2
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Is the inner middle case of the mudmaster steel or plastic?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Moderator G-Shock Forum

Re: Is the inner middle case of the mudmaster steel or plastic?

Yes.

Lets say it the other way around:
    Metal cased Gs:
    - Frogmen
    - MRG
    - GIEZ
    - Some 5600 special editions (25th and 30th anniversary)
    - older Gs like the DW-5600C and the G-2000

For detailed discussions about it search this very forum for screwback discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by amr ashraf View Post
    but finally it is plastic mot metal...
    and what about the gravitymaster? Is it also has plastic middle case?

Quote Originally Posted by d2mac View Post
    Yes.

Lets say it the other way around:
    Metal cased Gs:
    - Frogmen
    - MRG
    - GIEZ
    - Some 5600 special editions (25th and 30th anniversary)
    - older Gs like the DW-5600C and the G-2000

For detailed discussions about it search this very forum for screwback discussions.
    And GW-5000, right?

Yes,, Gary you are correct.
    I am responsible for what I say, not your inability to comprehend.

Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

shouldn't it have a steel middle case to add to the rigidity of the watch?
    the middle case must be steel covered by the resin bezel, i think so ! But i am not sure
    but it will be weird if it is made completely from resin!!!
    the inner chassis must be metal
    While G-Shock inventor Ibe san probably thought the same as you did back in 1983, when he used metal case center for the initial G-Shock models, material science has advanced greatly through the decades. Material that's more flexible actually performs better for shock absorption. Metal adds weight and lack flexibility is actually a poorer choice for a shock absorbing structure. Do you know they make airplanes that can fly in supersonic speed with carbon composite material and not fully metal? If an airplane that's not fully metal can withstand the stress of flying, so can a watch in resin withstand the shock from falling just 10 meters.

99% of G-Shocks are made with hard resin case center plus soft resin outer bezel. That's a fact, which all the knowledgeable members above are trying to tell you. If you want choices of G-Shocks with metal case, see the ones recommended above by other members.

Quote Originally Posted by Watch_Geekmaster View Post
    While G-Shock inventor Ibe san probably thought the same as you did back in 1983, when he used metal case center for the initial G-Shock models, material science has advanced greatly through the decades. Material that's more flexible actually performs better for shock absorption. Metal adds weight and lack flexibility is actually a poorer choice for a shock absorbing structure. Do you know they make airplanes that can fly in supersonic speed with carbon composite material and not fully metal? If an airplane that's not fully metal can withstand the stress of flying, so can a watch in resin withstand the shock from falling just 10 meters.

99% of G-Shocks are made with hard resin case center plus soft resin outer bezel. That's a fact, which all the knowledgeable members above are trying to tell you. If you want choices of G-Shocks with metal case, see the ones recommended above by other members.
    Dear watch_geekmaster, regarding to your explaination,i agree with you that the metal add more weight and is not flexible like hard resin BUT making the most tough g shock(mudmaster) that is going to face the most harsh enviroments from plastic( hard resin) has 2 main disadvantages:
    1-the lugs of the inner case (hard resin) will always be subjected to breaking while changing the straps which is attached by hex screws. If these screws are over tightened a little bit ..it may lead to lugs breaking .. same scenarion hppened with many rangeman models ..and you can search it.
    2- since the middle case is made of hard resin ..is there an integrated stainless steel threaded tube into the hard resin watch case for the 4 screws of the case back to screw into it ?
    These stainless steel threaded tubing into the resin case will eliminate the problem of stripping the resin case threads...that's why a metal cased g shock with a screw caseback will be more durable and have infinite life time of screw/unscrew of the case back...
    And these 2 major points should be taken into consideration for the toughest mudmaster... As casio did with the frogmann.
    By the way i had the mudmaster gwg1000. But i bought it before knowing that it was plastic cased

Dear watch_geekmaster, regarding to your explaination,i agree with you that the metal add more weight and is not flexible like hard resin BUT making the most tough g shock(mudmaster) that is going to face the most harsh enviroments from plastic( hard resin) has 2 main disadvantages:
    1-the lugs of the inner case (hard resin) will always be subjected to breaking while changing the straps which is attached by hex screws. If these screws are over tightened a little bit ..it may lead to lugs breaking .. same scenarion hppened with many rangeman models ..and you can search it.
    If you can search it, you will also find my comments about the issue, including a table summarizing all the incidents.

2- since the middle case is made of hard resin ..is there an integrated stainless steel threaded tube into the hard resin watch case for the 4 screws of the case back to screw into it ?
    These stainless steel threaded tubing into the resin case will eliminate the problem of stripping the resin case threads...
    If you can think of that, Casio already did. There are/were multiple Casio watches with metal screw threads.

Sent from Capt. Kirk's communicator
    Deepsea_dweller likes this.
    I am responsible for what I say, not your inability to comprehend.

Hidden Content

These stainless steel threaded tubing into the resin case will eliminate the problem of stripping the resin case threads...that's why a metal cased g shock with a screw caseback will be more durable and have infinite life time of screw/unscrew of the case back...
    And these 2 major points should be taken into consideration for the toughest mudmaster... As casio did with the frogmann.
    By the way i had the mudmaster gwg1000. But i bought it before knowing that it was plastic cased
    or you could just not over tightened the screws when doing band changes. not that the majority of buyers would even do a band change.
    Yippie kayak other buckets!

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information