Let's talk Mudmaster - Page 3
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Let's talk Mudmaster

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Let's talk Mudmaster

Well, last thing I heard a few month ago, that is was officially made available in the US from Casio USA. So this means things have changed from made available in the US to no longer produced that quickly?

I looked at that but the prices of the bands on one site were just as ridiculous, £180 from memory. Will have to sell the gravitymaster first and hope I can find the mudmaster. Someone is bound to have one in their collection that they might sell or trade

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Biohazardous View Post
    I looked at that but the prices of the bands on one site were just as ridiculous, £180 from memory. Will have to sell the gravitymaster first and hope I can find the mudmaster. Someone is bound to have one in their collection that they might sell or trade

I hear you. I was wanting to get the Desert Camo band for my 1A3 green band MM but saw they were selling for well over $100. Put the brakes on that, for now.

I instead bought a gold-lettered bezel and installed that yesterday. I like the looks of it much better than the original, white-lettered bezel.

Name:  Mudmaster 5.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  590.1 KB
    Last edited by Tomkat07; 6 Days Ago at 01:37. Reason: Added image

The bands are shockingly expensive for a high wear item.

Well, I pulled the trigger on the yellow band one, in the end. When I looked at the prices and availability of straps, I was not impressed - only a few easily found, and upwards of $100 - $150 bucks (I think the black was the cheapest, and still over $100). Plus, I realized, I don't really want to be fiddling with bands - I have been there and done that with my autos, and I have a drawer full of bands and bracelets. The yellow version has the blacked out case and bezel, which is pretty fun, and I like the splash of color from the yellow band - this is hardly a stealth or dress watch anyway. I am curious to see how the size sits with me. I just got ahold of one of the white GWN-1000's that were going for a steal on ebay (looks like the price got jacked back up by that seller now). Pretty beefy, but I can rock it okay. The GWG is significantly bigger, according to the specs listed at Casio's website:

GWG1000 59.5 x 56.1 x 18.0mm / 119g
    GWN1000 44.9 x 55.8 x 16.0mm / 101

A half a centimeter bigger in diameter all around!

Here's comparison pic off the interweb:

Here is my GWN, on wrist:

I am wondering if the internet pic above belies the actual size difference. We will soon see :)
    Regards.

Current Rotation: breitling cockpit -oris TT1 date black -seiko skx781 "orange monster" -seiko snm035 "landmonster" -citizen Promaster Titanium Eco-Drive 300m BJ8041-09E "ecozilla" -citizen ecodrive professional titanium BN0016-55L, blue dial "orca" -getat 44mm sterile rose gold luminor-style manual wind -getat 44mm sterile PVD orange "numbrels" manual wind --invictas: 8926c,8928ob,3712, 6410, 6024, 6924, 6926, 6927

Quote Originally Posted by Biohazardous View Post

I've got one I'm interested in parting with. It's not the red one, but PM me if you think you might be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    The MM is quite a bit chunkier than the G-9300. You could look up the actual measurements of each online. Let's just say there is a very noticeable size difference between them.

I have four MMs, the green, the black, the Maharishi, and the Rescue Red. I also have the yellow and camo straps, both of which look great on either the green 1A3 MM or the black 1A.

The yellow is a nice choice. But you might want to consider getting one that has very versatile looks with other straps, then get extra straps. IMO the green is extremely versatile with the yellow accents on the dial. I love its look with the green, yellow, and camo straps - looks great with all 3.

I really like the design of the MM, and in the hand it feels like a quality G. Despite its size though, it is not heavy - very light for its size. Very comfortable on the wrist. And very good looking, if I do say so myself!

1A3 on camo:

1A3 on yellow:

1A3 on standard green:

Maharishi:

Rescue Red:

Black 1A:

i love your dedication, lol.
    Time4Playnow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by srmdalt View Post
    Well, I pulled the trigger on the yellow band one, in the end. When I looked at the prices and availability of straps, I was not impressed - only a few easily found, and upwards of $100 - $150 bucks (I think the black was the cheapest, and still over $100). Plus, I realized, I don't really want to be fiddling with bands - I have been there and done that with my autos, and I have a drawer full of bands and bracelets. The yellow version has the blacked out case and bezel, which is pretty fun, and I like the splash of color from the yellow band - this is hardly a stealth or dress watch anyway. I am curious to see how the size sits with me. I just got ahold of one of the white GWN-1000's that were going for a steal on ebay (looks like the price got jacked back up by that seller now). Pretty beefy, but I can rock it okay. The GWG is significantly bigger, according to the specs listed at Casio's website:

GWG1000 59.5 x 56.1 x 18.0mm / 119g
    GWN1000 44.9 x 55.8 x 16.0mm / 101

A half a centimeter bigger in diameter all around!

Here's comparison pic off the interweb:

Here is my GWN, on wrist:

I am wondering if the internet pic above belies the actual size difference. We will soon see :)
    Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by srmdalt View Post
    Well, I pulled the trigger on the yellow band one, in the end.
    Well done.

Name:  20151219_070445.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  1.98 MB

(old pic)

Monster of a watch. They look damn good but i dont want anything bigger than my gulf

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information