Let's talk Mudmaster
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Let's talk Mudmaster

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Let's talk Mudmaster

I love the way these look, and plan to add one to my collection soon. Atm (subject to change) my order of preference is the 1A9J with the yellow band > 1A5 sand camo band > 1A3 green band > GB1A gold bezel. I like 'em all, but right now that's how I'm feelin' it. Price-wise, for NIB, I see the best deal on the green band, but I think I am going to spring for the yellow band anyway, because, y'know, you only live once. The camo looks like the priciest, and so that puts me off a bit, but never say never. Although I really like the gold, I think I want a sportier or more tool-ish color combo - but, again, never say never. Lucky for me I am not jonesin' for the Maharishi or the red RD-4A, as they are in the "ouch" territory, G-shock wise. I'll be combing the FS threads obviously - looks like I just missed a few pretty good deals there.

So I think I will go for this one:

I am interested in what people think of their mudmasters? Particularly size-wise - how much chunkier is it then the g9300? If you own one (or more) what is your favorite colorway, and what is it about the mudmaster that attracts you to it over other models, such as the GWN gulfmaster, or the super pricey GPW gravity master?
    Regards.

Current Rotation: breitling cockpit -oris TT1 date black -seiko skx781 "orange monster" -seiko snm035 "landmonster" -citizen Promaster Titanium Eco-Drive 300m BJ8041-09E "ecozilla" -citizen ecodrive professional titanium BN0016-55L, blue dial "orca" -getat 44mm sterile rose gold luminor-style manual wind -getat 44mm sterile PVD orange "numbrels" manual wind --invictas: 8926c,8928ob,3712, 6410, 6024, 6924, 6926, 6927

Re: Let's talk Mudmaster

Quote Originally Posted by srmdalt View Post
    I love the way these look, and plan to add one to my collection soon. Atm (subject to change) my order of preference is the 1A9J with the yellow band > 1A5 sand camo band > 1A3 green band > GB1A gold bezel. I like 'em all, but right now that's how I'm feelin' it. Price-wise, for NIB, I see the best deal on the green band, but I think I am going to spring for the yellow band anyway, because, y'know, you only live once. The camo looks like the priciest, and so that puts me off a bit, but never say never. Although I really like the gold, I think I want a sportier or more tool-ish color combo - but, again, never say never. Lucky for me I am not jonesin' for the Maharishi or the red RD-4A, as they are in the "ouch" territory, G-shock wise. I'll be combing the FS threads obviously - looks like I just missed a few pretty good deals there.

So I think I will go for this one:

I am interested in what people think of their mudmasters? Particularly size-wise - how much chunkier is it then the g9300? If you own one (or more) what is your favorite colorway, and what is it about the mudmaster that attracts you to it over other models, such as the GWN gulfmaster, or the super pricey GPW gravity master?
    The MM is quite a bit chunkier than the G-9300. You could look up the actual measurements of each online. Let's just say there is a very noticeable size difference between them.

I have four MMs, the green, the black, the Maharishi, and the Rescue Red. I also have the yellow and camo straps, both of which look great on either the green 1A3 MM or the black 1A.

The yellow is a nice choice. But you might want to consider getting one that has very versatile looks with other straps, then get extra straps. IMO the green is extremely versatile with the yellow accents on the dial. I love its look with the green, yellow, and camo straps - looks great with all 3.

I really like the design of the MM, and in the hand it feels like a quality G. Despite its size though, it is not heavy - very light for its size. Very comfortable on the wrist. And very good looking, if I do say so myself!

1A3 on camo:

1A3 on yellow:

1A3 on standard green:

Maharishi:

Rescue Red:

Black 1A:

You got really good advice from T4P, and all versions are really great and I'm sure you won't go wrong with any! Most likely in the end you'll get more than one.

The GB is my favorite and I feel that (for me) this is the number 1 color combination that has it all

Good luck!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 1.39.29 PM.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	119.4 KB 
ID:	11554218

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 10.30.04 PM.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	11554250
    Last edited by ZJAZZ; 1 Week Ago at 04:52.
    Time4Playnow and WES51 like this.

I had the Camo, sold it and bought a Maharishi. They are big but comfortable. I personally like the size as I can tell time quickly with just a glance from the larger face. With that, I'm probably going to sell my Maharishi because I tend to beat up watches and I keep passing on it on hikes and what not because I don't want to mess it up. I'll probably get a rescue red and a black band and beat it to a pulp :). If you do want a Maharishi let me know.
    Last edited by RossL; 1 Week Ago at 04:25.
    Time4Playnow likes this.

I have 'only' one Mudmaster, the 1A3 and I love it. The only thing I regret is not getting it sooner. To me this watch is worth even more than it's full retail price. Buy the color combination that you like, enjoy it and don't look back.
    Time4Playnow, kevio and ZJAZZ like this.

And here's another concept. Double wrist shot ))))

Name:	IMG_1575.JPG 
Views:	257 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	11554498
    Time4Playnow likes this.

Some good ideas here. I kind of had a passing thought about using different bands with a single watch, but didn't really think it through. I imagine that could be done with the yellow version or the green version - I think the tan numbers and red arrow would go pretty well with different bands too. The thing I like about that version, in addition to the watch face, is the blacked out bezel and button. However, the green band version with the yellow hits is very sharp. Plus it is running at a bit less cost then the others at the moment. Either way, I think I will go with one, and pick up a couple of extra strap colors to go with it.

Zzazz - I LOVE that gold-black. I don't know if I will acquire more then one mudmaster in the future, but if I do I may go for that as a second choice down the road. Would also depend if I find the size compatible with my skinny 6.5 wrist. I did look at the specs, as suggested, and we are talking a significant increase in diameter vs. any I have currently (probably mudman is about the biggest I own) but the g-shocks are generally pretty easy to wear, despite the large sizes, so I am hoping I can adapt to one more notch up in hugeness here.

I like the Maharishi too, RossL, that one is probably the most striking. But I am going to start out with one of the less expensive and earthier versions, for similar reasons as you discuss - not to beat on it necessarily, but to avoid feeling like I want to baby it too much.
    Time4Playnow likes this.
    Regards.

Current Rotation: breitling cockpit -oris TT1 date black -seiko skx781 "orange monster" -seiko snm035 "landmonster" -citizen Promaster Titanium Eco-Drive 300m BJ8041-09E "ecozilla" -citizen ecodrive professional titanium BN0016-55L, blue dial "orca" -getat 44mm sterile rose gold luminor-style manual wind -getat 44mm sterile PVD orange "numbrels" manual wind --invictas: 8926c,8928ob,3712, 6410, 6024, 6924, 6926, 6927

Is there a possibility of a new Mudmaster being released anytime soon? Any rumors?
    Omega Seamaster Ploprof
    Panerai PAM087
    Panerai PAM372
    Hamilton Ventura XXL
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman
    Casio Royale

To be politely contrary.....I passed on the MM due to the negative LCD screens, which I have learned to avoid due to visibility issues.

Went for a mint pre-owned and well priced Gravity Master GPW-1000FC for the GPS function, combi bracelet and all analog dial.

Also have 3 Gulfmasters, 2 of which are positive screens....couldn't resist the yellow version despite the negative screen.

If I was to succumb to a MM, it would probably be the yellow one.
    Deepsea_dweller likes this.

I am also very tempted by the Mudmaster. Regarding the yellow-strap-version, does it stain easily or show discoloration, when used "enthusiastically" in its natural habitat (mud, that is)?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information