WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Looking for The Biggest Digits

7K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  Vade_R 
#1 ·
One thing I'm not crazy about with G-Shocks is the small digit size. I like the 5600 series. Does anyone have a recommendation for a 5600 (or other model) with the largest numbers? I am looking for digital only.

Many thanks.

#3 ·
Maybe try the Proteks or Pathfinders. Largest digits besides Suunto's ABCs.

#4 · (Edited)
This comes up a lot -- here's the thread from two weeks ago, with plenty of suggestions and pictures: https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/casio-has-biggest-display-985947.html

5600-style displays are almost all identical whether they're solar, atomic, both or neither. The recently discontinued GW-5600J (if you can find it now) is SLIGHTLY bigger than the other "squares" but there are plenty of other G-Shock models with displays that are MUCH larger.

#8 ·
Two things I forgot to mention: I'm not crazy about round watches, and I am looking for watches that are still in production.
Unless there's a rectangular Pro-Trek or something out there, I think you're running out of options.

Ignore the title -- this thread will show the "typical" squares compared to some of the larger digits available on newer round models: https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/g-5600-vs-gw-5600-a-802271.html

Unfortunately, "in production" plus "not round" plus "large digits" doesn't leave much to pick from. Maybe the GD-350? It's less round than a MTG-(M)900, but that's not saying much.

#10 ·
Among squares that are in production, the GW-5000 and its more affordable brother, the GW-M5610, have slightly thicker and larger digits than the DW-5600e and its derivatives.

Reactions: Dareius
#12 ·
I used to CRAZE aboutdigit size, but nowdays i'm settled with the normal digit size on the DW5600/5030...and thats coming from me who use glasses, got eye problem and legally blind without one.

the standard digit size are still much bigger than the writing on your laptop screen or smart phone. and in just arm length i now like the original digit size from the first gshock dw-5000. it clear and crisp, even at a glace.

the best digit legibility on the square model is GB-5600... its just fantastic even on extreme angle.

my casio that got the largest digit size is SGW-100... its great but not at accute angle. GD-350 also got great digit and legibility.better than my G9300.

#16 ·
Try to catch a G-8000 with positive display if you can. Discontinued, but very large digits, one of the best modules ever made and also one of the most legible displays.

cheers

#17 ·

2 of my squares. Left is a G-5600kg and the right is a GW-M5610BC to me the digits look the same size.
Next is my 2 6900's

Left one is a GB-6900aa right is a G-6900kg. The kg digits are noticeably bigger.
Next are the 2 with the biggest digits that I own

Left is a GD-110 and the right is a GD-350. The 350's digits are very legible. They are thicker and may appear to be slightly taller than the 110. Now here is the 350 next to a G-9000 mudman

hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18 ·
I think it's important to consider ALL the digits. The 2 G-Shocks in my collection that stand out as having the biggest digits are GW-300 and MTG-910 BUT only the TIME digits are large and the date digits are actually too small, or more precisely too narrow for me to read easily. My GW-700A has slightly smaller TIME digits but also slightly wider DATE digits which makes it a readability winner over the other two I mentioned.

The GD-350 is great. To my eye, the GW-5000 and GW-M5610s with their 3159 modules do have slightly larger digits than the DW-5600E or any G-Shocks with the 1545/3229 modules, but both the modules have a nice balance so that all the DAY/DATE/TIME digits are pretty easy to read.

#22 ·
I am surprised that nobody mentioned the Casio G2900. It has big numbers and is comfy to wear and sells new from $50-$75

View attachment 1410943
G2900 gets unfairly treated here by most for a few reasons, chrome ring, sail counters, smaller than they want, etc.

Some here call it the Sailman, a good nickname. It has to be one of the least expensive G's with the most features. 5 alarms (4 of which can be set like the 5600 and 6900) with reminder text like my G7600 and one snooze, 24 CDT and STW, DST, World time, and Auto EL. And it's at the same price point as the DW 5600E and DW6900 with only 1 multi functional alarm, 24 CDT and STW

For someone wanting one G with big digits still in production and inexpensive. Here you go.

#26 ·
these are in my opinion some of the biggest digits on a g-shock

the gw-5600j has really nice big digits

the g-7800 also is a nice big number square, you can even change the thickness of the digits and the contrast

and the g-3011 also has really nice big digits that can change colors

the gw-300 also

and the g-8900

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.