Love the gw6900 but bands an issue
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Love the gw6900 but bands an issue

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    889

    Love the gw6900 but bands an issue

    The gw6900 is one of my all time favorites but with my wrist size I have bought it and flipped it a bunch of times due to me having to put it on 2nd to last hole then the tail keeps popping out. I just ordered jay and Kay's adapter with the 2 piece strap anyone have experience with the two piece strap and adapters or another idea

  2. #2
    Member gaijin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    GMT -7
    Posts
    6,935

    Re: Love the gw6900 but bands an issue

    Quote Originally Posted by dd627 View Post
    The gw6900 is one of my all time favorites but with my wrist size I have bought it and flipped it a bunch of times due to me having to put it on 2nd to last hole then the tail keeps popping out. I just ordered jay and Kay's adapter with the 2 piece strap anyone have experience with the two piece strap and adapters or another idea
    Sure, put it on the composite bracelet. Skinny wrist, big wrist, no problem:













    HTH
    GTR83 and brandon\ like this.
    "So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

  3. #3
    Member hooliganjrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Reno, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    594

    Re: Love the gw6900 but bands an issue

    2nd vote on the composite bracelet. I have one on my prw7000fc and love it. The only other option you could try if your hands on would be to trim the strap. I've seen good results with sanding the edges to match the strap edge and would kill your overhang for sure. Unfortunately, if not done correctly it might look a bit rough. Wore my 6900ww (well not so white on white anymore, wink) today for the first time in ages.


    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    GTR83 and brandon\ like this.

  4. #4
    Member mtb2104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,922

    Re: Love the gw6900 but bands an issue

    I boiled mine and after awhile it's perfect now :)

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    889

    Re: Love the gw6900 but bands an issue

    can't trim it I probably wasn't clear enough the band is to short so I'm two holes from the end so there's not enough tail for the keeper to hold it.

  6. #6
    Member GaryK30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA, USA
    Posts
    2,673

    Re: Love the gw6900 but bands an issue

    Maybe adapters and a Zulu strap of some sort would work better for you.

    Like this: https://youtu.be/d8olmLLY71Q
    brandon\ likes this.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    889

    Re: Love the gw6900 but bands an issue

    I ordered jay and kays adapters with the two piece strap so I'll give that a try
    Dualo and brandon\ like this.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    3,380

    Re: Love the gw6900 but bands an issue

    Quote Originally Posted by hooliganjrs View Post
    2nd vote on the composite bracelet. I have one on my prw7000fc and love it. The only other option you could try if your hands on would be to trim the strap. I've seen good results with sanding the edges to match the strap edge and would kill your overhang for sure. Unfortunately, if not done correctly it might look a bit rough. Wore my 6900ww (well not so white on white anymore, wink) today for the first time in ages.


    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Using rings off of a Zulu style strap as a keeper is a great idea!
    GTR stands for George The Rabid. Fanboy of COSC (Casio - Orient - Seiko - Citizen, in that order Hidden Content )

  9. #9
    G-Shock Mod stockae92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Southern California - USA
    Posts
    11,471

    Re: Love the gw6900 but bands an issue

    Well looks like you already ordered the adapters and strap

    Another way was to use hardware o-ring with a tighter fit with the strap in place of the original band retainer so the tail of the strap can't get out easily.
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    163

    Re: Love the gw6900 but bands an issue

    Quote Originally Posted by dd627 View Post
    can't trim it I probably wasn't clear enough the band is to short so I'm two holes from the end so there's not enough tail for the keeper to hold it.
    Ah, another person like me with monster wrists....I can use my oem Frogman bands in only the second hole from the end by tying the keeper to the buckle with clear fishing line...keeper never moves that way and the tiny end piece of the strap stays secure in the keeper when its on my wrist...and no, you cant see the fishing line...
    Last edited by xbgen2; June 19th, 2017 at 20:39.
    Formerly pdxgti8v Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. FS: CASIO G-SHOCK GW6900-1ER GW6900 SOLAR ATOMIC MULTIBAND 6 RARE MODEL
      By Casanova Jr. in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: June 6th, 2015, 16:51
    2. Would the bezel and bands off of a gw6900 fit a dw6900
      By armyofone2134 in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: September 20th, 2013, 00:10
    3. Issue while switching out bands...
      By WSCJonathan in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: March 5th, 2012, 22:48
    4. leather bands on divers, love? hate? pics?
      By ghosthunter242 in forum Dive watches
      Replies: 37
      Last Post: May 10th, 2011, 05:45
    5. Great deal on GW6900-1 (GW6900)
      By burnside in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 21
      Last Post: June 21st, 2010, 09:25

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •