Managed to snag a Hero - Page 2
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Managed to snag a Hero

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Managed to snag a Hero

It's funny, I needed bezel screws for 5600c and found 5200's on eBay for $12 set of four. A single screw cost more than that. It was a buy it now. Post lasted 5 minutes before I snagged it

Sent from Capt. Kirk's communicator
    I am responsible for what I say, not your inability to comprehend.

Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Looks like you will have a bezel and a some screws to order as well as it appears that all 4 bezel screws are either snapped off (which would be impossible to remove the remains) or that that screws were removed in entirely. Hopefully none of the other internals of the watch were tampered with.
    Edit: NVM, I didn't see above comments.

Quote Originally Posted by sodamonkey View Post
    Good morning

I left a bid on a watch overnight, (from the States). I had a sneaky suspicion that it might go fairly cheap because the seller pictured it as it was, with a wonky module.

I've got hold of G's/Casio's with things like this "wrong" before for cheap so was very happy to find a "won auction" notification from eBay .

So for £33, (+ extra on top for postage obviously), I am now waiting for this: (sellers photos, taken as screenshots so apologies if they aren't the right way up).

Just a bezel to order from watches.br now.

DW-5200 240 mirror back:

Sent from my Lenovo TAB S8-50F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Degr8n8; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:47. Reason: didn't see above comments. Superfluous information.

I don't understand why it's possible to find some screws ISO or DIN standard to replace the original ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerswit View Post
    It's funny, I needed bezel screws for 5600c and found 5200's on eBay for $12 set of four. A single screw cost more than that. It was a buy it now. Post lasted 5 minutes before I snagged it

Sent from Capt. Kirk's communicator
    I'll be looking out for some! I'd love to have originals in there.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

So, it arrived pretty quick from the States with the eBay Global Shipping Program.

I haven't got time due to work to look at it properly, but all 4 bezel threads are clear, so that's good!

I'm very happy with it's condition.

Here's some " as it arrived" pics:

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    nigelw, cuthbert, Marrin and 1 others like this.

It's in good condition. Very clean. Nice crystal with just a bit of delamination below the light dot. Screwback is good with few light scratches. You are lucky the the four holes are intack. How much did you pay for the watch as well as the shipping? What's eBay Global Shipping Program? It's my first time to hear that. Is it cheaper to use that way of shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by Epal2Apol View Post
    It's in good condition. Very clean. Nice crystal with just a bit of delamination below the light dot. Screwback is good with few light scratches. You are lucky the the four holes are intack. How much did you pay for the watch as well as the shipping? What's eBay Global Shipping Program? It's my first time to hear that. Is it cheaper to use that way of shipping?
    The exchange rate changes every day, but roughly I paid £33 for the watch and £10 shipping.

The GSP has been around for a little while, it's run by eBay and is designed to factor in extra costs for taxes, etc. Basically the Seller chooses the GSP as a form of shipping out of the country they're in and inserts their postage cost to their Global Shipping Centre. The buyer pays a price decided by eBay for global shipping to their country, this price includes all taxes and insurance, tracking, etc. The seller receives their initial listed postage cost as part of the sale, as they would if the item sold in their country.

Hope that makes sense?

Case Y, interesting, it appears to be very common on 240 modules.

It's completely polished unlike the H that has all the parts covered by rubber left as forged rough...I read somewhere the case A is supposed to be the best finished but I think the Y and B are as good as it.

Your Hero is in much better condition than mine that has a significant lcd leakage.

Quote Originally Posted by sodamonkey View Post
    The exchange rate changes every day, but roughly I paid £33 for the watch and £10 shipping.

The GSP has been around for a little while, it's run by eBay and is designed to factor in extra costs for taxes, etc. Basically the Seller chooses the GSP as a form of shipping out of the country they're in and inserts their postage cost to their Global Shipping Centre. The buyer pays a price decided by eBay for global shipping to their country, this price includes all taxes and insurance, tracking, etc. The seller receives their initial listed postage cost as part of the sale, as they would if the item sold in their country.

Hope that makes sense?

So you did not pay for custom tax anymore? As compared to regular shipping such as EMS, is the ebay GSP cheaper? faster?

Quote Originally Posted by Epal2Apol View Post
    So you did not pay for custom tax anymore? As compared to regular shipping such as EMS, is the ebay GSP cheaper? faster?
    You still pay the customs, just to eBay and then it will get to you guaranteed no further charges.

For example, I got a watch from the USA a while back and chose someone who was just shipping via UPS. I got hit with a further £13 by the Royal Mail in the UK for customs charges on top of what I paid the seller for shipping.

Sometimes it can get here with no charges, I think it's just luck sometimes.

It's easier to pay the extra to eBay, but it's slower shipping usually, about 2-3 weeks, compared to about 1 week with UPS. Other countries using the Global Shipping Program can be really quick, packages from the States always seem to take longer than should be normal.

Epal2Apol likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information