Thread: Mil-Shock modification: images and info request

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Mil-Shock modification: images and info request

Hi guys,

Does anyone have photos of their "case modification" that Countycomm did to the Milshock? I have a couple G-Shocks that won't work the the usual adapters, so I'm curious what Countycomm did.

Thanks!
    Last edited by racerx454; January 26th, 2007 at 23:29.

Re: Mil-Shock modification: images and info request

Quote Originally Posted by racerx454
    Hi guys,
    Does anyone have photos of their "case modification" that Countycomm did to the Milshock? I have a couple G-Shocks that won't work the the usual adapters, so I'm curious what Countycomm did.
    Thanks!
    -Kevin-
    I'm curious of this as well. I'm pondering getting their adaptors and a Maratac Zulu band for my new 5600, or just seeing if I can do it myself. I'm a big fan of reversible mods in case I want to use the original band, but I'd like to know what makes it a Milshock.

Um... why won't the adaptor you have work with your G-shock? Are they 5600's?

i think countycomm widen the lug size to 20mm (original was 16mm)

then put a stainless steel pin there so that you can only 20mm zulu or mil strap with it

and they verified the functionality of the watch (i am pretty sure they put that into the price as well :-D )

and the mil-shock mod is definitely non-reverseable. somebody love it and some don't.

racerx454: which G-Shock won't the adaptor work with? i think we have heard about DW6600/6900 doesn't work with one kind of adaptor (mil watch forum kind?) amd i thought county comm got the better version that works with most G-Shocks?

Wink Re: Mil-Shock modification: images and info request

Andy from Honolulu has an original of the first series. Here you have a thread with him showing his Mil-Shock,

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

racerx454: which G-Shock won't the adaptor work with? i think we have heard about DW6600/6900 doesn't work with one kind of adaptor (mil watch forum kind?) amd i thought county comm got the better version that works with most G-Shocks?
    I have two GW-5600s (won't work well - big gap due to increased lug size for antenna). Also, I have an Ana-Digi Waveceptor that won't accept the adapters. I was thinking about the dremel approach, but wanted to ascertain for certain how CountyComm did it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by racerx454; January 26th, 2007 at 23:30.

Thanks Sjors...

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors
    Andy from Honolulu has an original of the first series. Here you have a thread with him showing his Mil-Shock,

Cheers,

Sjors
    Aloha,

Mine was done by the by the creator of the Mil-Shock as a gift to me (we're good friends) about six months before CountyComm began first carrying the watch for sale, and nearly two years after the design prototypes were first made. So, it's really part of the prototype group. It is the very first Mil-Shock ever made with red lettering on the bezel, though that was actually just by chance; you see, I had bought the DW5600e some time earlier (it came with those strap adapters, by the way), and it was the only one I had when my friend said he'd make one for me.

I still use mine regularly as my watch of choice for airline flights. In fact, it was on my wrist last week for our trip to San Diego and Disneyland.

Mahalo,

andy

Wink Re: Mil-Shock modification: images and info request

Aloha Andy,

Somehow it's the first time I saw this, but how did your friend put in those steel pins? Or are they still S.Steel pushpins? Did you enjoy the Triple Crown this year

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I have no idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors
    Aloha Andy,

Somehow it's the first time I saw this, but how did your friend put in those steel pins? Or are they still S.Steel pushpins? Did you enjoy the Triple Crown this year

Cheers,

Sjors
    Aloha Sjors,

Those pins are made from solid 316L stainless steel rod stock; I have no idea how he installed them! However, he's a master machinist, doing very complex and specialized custom work as his regular job. To give you an idea of his expertise, the Marathon SAR/TSAR/GSAR military dive watch that many here know about and may own was created from design prototypes he produced from raw stainless steel.

I didn't get to see anything on this year's Triple Crown. If I ever move back there, you'll be sure I will be attending some of the events!

Mahalo,

an dy

Wink Re: I have no idea...

Quote Originally Posted by AndyFromHonolulu
    To give you an idea of his expertise, the Marathon SAR/TSAR/GSAR military dive watch that many here know about and may own was created from design prototypes he produced from raw stainless steel.

Hi andy,

So that's probably the reasn why the subscript on Broadarrow with this picture says it was taken at a depth of 100ft of the East Shore of Oahu...

Great shop. I ordered there my Eagles Industries watchbands.

By the way, your friend using your DW-5600ED is a nice one.

Cheers,

Sjors

I would like to do this Mil-Shock mod to one of my 5600s. One day I will take out the Dremel tool and get a little creative.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information