Most Popular for 2017 Casio watches - Page 2
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Most Popular for 2017 Casio watches

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Most Popular for 2017 Casio watches

The PRW-3500-1CR is also a good choice but it ups the water resistance to 200m instead of the 100m of the 3100. You can also swap out the strap more readily than some other models

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
    kubr1ck, GaryK30 and Mrcrooka1 like this.

I have both the GW-9400 Rangeman and the GW-5000-1JF. They are both great for everyday use.

The Rangeman has way more functions, easier to use (good buttons, instant stopwatch), more rugged. However, it's relatively big (more precisely, tall: it hardly fits under gloves or sleeves) and a bit flashy.

On the other hand, the GW-5000-1JF is light, small, subtle, more formal and very-very comfortable.

You can't go wrong with either of them. I got them for roughly the same price (I paid extra at the local retailer for the Rangeman, but you have to add shipping for the Japan-made GW-5000). The Rangeman is definitely more watch for the money, but the GW-5000 is something special.

Also, if you have an aim of collecting watches and go as far as setting a goal for yourself, the question about the price/funcion ratio of the GW-5000 shouldn't arise, because you're about to have a lot of watches. At the end of the day, having a lot of watches is wasteful. Hobbies are often wasteful. What matters is the happiness/completeness provided by having a good watch collection. I wish you all the best in that regard and welcome to the forum.
    kubr1ck, SgtPepper and luth_ukail like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK30 View Post
    For a nice, ana-digi ABC, check out the Gulfmaster GWN-1000 or the PRW-6000/6100.
    ABC Functions would be a plus but are not a must. The GD350 have been on my radar for a while and I'll most likely try one out. I do like the idea of having atomic time and solar though again not an absolute must but a plus . Any experience with the GW7900?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the above watches are awesome, but they sound like they maybe more watch then you need. I recommend GW6900-1. It's cheap, tough and it is Tough Solar and Multiband 6. Best bang for your buck for a EDC watch.Name:  20170930_075641.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  46.1 KB

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    kubr1ck and Unadan360 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Miklos86 View Post
    I have both the GW-9400 Rangeman and the GW-5000-1JF. They are both great for everyday use.

The Rangeman has way more functions, easier to use (good buttons, instant stopwatch), more rugged. However, it's relatively big (more precisely, tall: it hardly fits under gloves or sleeves) and a bit flashy.

On the other hand, the GW-5000-1JF is light, small, subtle, more formal and very-very comfortable.

You can't go wrong with either of them. I got them for roughly the same price (I paid extra at the local retailer for the Rangeman, but you have to add shipping for the Japan-made GW-5000). The Rangeman is definitely more watch for the money, but the GW-5000 is something special.

Also, if you have an aim of collecting watches and go as far as setting a goal for yourself, the question about the price/funcion ratio of the GW-5000 shouldn't arise, because you're about to have a lot of watches. At the end of the day, having a lot of watches is wasteful. Hobbies are often wasteful. What matters is the happiness/completeness provided by having a good watch collection. I wish you all the best in that regard and welcome to the forum.
    Ahh you see the "wasteful" nature of watch collecting, knife collecting or just collecting in general is what brought me to setting my goals in the first place . I can't stand the thought of having watches and knives that I don't use. The goal is to have a well thought out collection of about 6 to 9 watches. And because this goal has to do with creating the "Perfect EDC" the same will go for the knives. I'll have 3 categories (work, casual, and dress). 3 watches and 3 knives designated for each category. Having 3 in each will give me a nice selection to choose from in order to match my attire/mindset on any given day without being wasteful because every item will get used weekly or at most monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by kalan850 View Post
    Ahh you see the "wasteful" nature of watch collecting, knife collecting or just collecting in general is what brought me to setting my goals in the first place . I can't stand the thought of having watches and knives that I don't use. The goal is to have a well thought out collection of about 6 to 9 watches. And because this goal has to do with creating the "Perfect EDC" the same will go for the knives. I'll have 3 categories (work, casual, and dress). 3 watches and 3 knives designated for each category. Having 3 in each will give me a nice selection to choose from in order to match my attire/mindset on any given day without being wasteful because every item will get used weekly or at most monthly.

OOoh, that sounds interesting. What is your "dress knife"? I'm not a knife-person myself, only carry a swiss army knife or multitool with me if needed, but wouldn't go as far as sneaking in knives for dressy occassions :)

Most Popular for 2017 Casio watches

My goal is one good everyday watch. One hard/yard work watch, and one dress watch. So far the Mudmaster is my everyday watch, the GW3500 is my hard work, watch and at this point the Citizen Eco Drive BlackEagle is my dress watch.
    As for knives, I have many. But the small Buck folder is my everyday, all occasion pocket knife. Small and strong.

When I go wheeling, camping or hunting etc I may carry a number of knives but always the small Buck in my pocket.

Last edited by Jtphoto; 3 Days Ago at 04:37.
    Using Tapatalk

It's not the goal grasshopper, it is the journey!

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

That's not collecting, you have an assortment. Collecting is having many different varieties each with subtlety in detail and variances. Having the hard to find and rare piece, to say it's yours and others admire it. You go a museum to see collections, I like my G museum.

Not dismissing your choices or reasoning, but I personally see a difference. You May want the perfect ABC watch, where I want the perfect 1998 ICERC with box and tags.

Sent from Capt. Kirk's Communicator
    Time4Playnow and MainePorsche like this.
    I am responsible for what I say, not your Hidden Content to comprehend.

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by kubr1ck Hidden Content
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by kubr1ck Hidden Content
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.

For the mainstream: I read the DW-6900 series is the most popular G-Shock

Most popular for the G-collector: GW-5000-1JF

Most popular for the G-enthusiast: DW-5600E (Non-solar)

I could be wrong of course!
    EXCALIBUR1 likes this.
    'I think therefore I am' (Rene Descartes`, 1644)
    Think he meant, 'You can do anything if you put your mind to it!'

I delve into the intricacies of horology, but the laymen
    just wills me to enunciate more clearly? I conclude in knowing he
    is genetically resistant, and that is why I come here!Hidden Content

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information