My entire G-shock and Protrek collection (SHOW YOUR COLLECTION thread!) - Page 5
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: My entire G-shock and Protrek collection (SHOW YOUR COLLECTION thread!)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: My entire G-shock and Protrek collection (SHOW YOUR COLLECTION thread!)

Have been doubting about posting my collection here as I didn't want to hijack your thread, but actually that's what you asked...
    So here it is

For the moment I don't have the time to put them all on their proper stand and take a group shot, so I just put the individual pictures in one image

My humble G-collection

Name:  casio collection Gs 20170310.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  316.4 KB

My entire Casio collection including the G's

Name:  casio collection 20170310.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  1.19 MB

Quote Originally Posted by kosio View Post
    Have been doubting about posting my collection here as I didn't want to hijack your thread, but actually that's what you asked...
    So here it is

For the moment I don't have the time to put them all on their proper stand and take a group shot, so I just put the individual pictures in one image

My humble G-collection

Name:  casio collection Gs 20170310.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  316.4 KB

My entire Casio collection including the G's

Wow, what an amazing variety!! Some of your Casios look so complex that maybe you need a license before you can wear them!

Is that GPS I see listed on the PRT-1???!! What year is that model? Casio was using GPS a long time ago, I take it???

Glad you posted your cool collection!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phreddo View Post
    The DW-6900CB-4 Red & Orange mirror was an afterthought, so he got his own shot.

Next, some colorful squares, GWX-5600C-4 Red G-Lide, DW5600CS-9 Mustard Yellow, GRX5600A-4 Pink Solar G-Lide.

Analog/Digital GA-110SN-3 Breezy Teal, GA-110C-7 White/Grey, GA-110B Blue on Black,

DW-6900CC-2 Blue Crazy Colors, G6900GR-3 Solar GoGreen "Kermit", DW-6900CB-1 Black & Gold Mirror

GXW-56-1 King, GW-S5600-1JF Titanium/Carbon Fiber, GW-9400-1 Rangeman, STW-1000-1JF PHYS

You have some really colorful and awesome squares Phreddo, I like them!!!
    Phreddo likes this.

So, I've been puzzling over how to display and store all my G-Shocks.

Then I remembered having this replica samurai sword tucked in the corner...

A couple of large rubber bands to hang it up for the time being.

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Phreddo; March 10th, 2017 at 23:18.
    When there is doubt, there is no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    Wow, what an amazing variety!! Some of your Casios look so complex that maybe you need a license before you can wear them!

Is that GPS I see listed on the PRT-1???!! What year is that model? Casio was using GPS a long time ago, I take it???

Glad you posted your cool collection!!
    Thx!
    The PRT-1 is indeed the world's first wrist watch with built in GPS, it was released in 1999.
    The PRT-2GP is it's successor and was release a year later.

That collection is absolutely insane!
    Time4Playnow likes this.

Oh, I should ask if you had to just pick out one mid range G-Shock which one would you go with? I have been doing a lot of research I'd love to add one to my collection! I don't own any right now.

Quote Originally Posted by gzervali2006 View Post
    Oh, I should ask if you had to just pick out one mid range G-Shock which one would you go with? I have been doing a lot of research I'd love to add one to my collection! I don't own any right now.
    Honestly there are so many models and styles (plus colors) and functions, it really comes down to personal preference and your wants/needs out of a watch. Do you want all digital? Ana-digi? Analog? Do you need ABC features?

Since you asked, if I went for a digital, I'd probably pick a Rangeman (one of my favs). Other possible picks might be a GD-350 (have really grown to like this one), or GW-5000. If ana-digi, I'd pick a Mudmaster if price not an issue, or a Gulfmaster v1 for a less expensive option. I personally would not pick an analog G for all situations - you miss too much functionality without a digital display option.
    soulbridgemedia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gzervali2006 View Post
    I think a G-Steel would cover a lot of bases for a One Watch.
    I'm a real fan of a watch showing time in all modes, and many of the solars annoyingly don't do that. The DWs do, except the freaking DW-X6900, but they're not solar and/or atomic.

I used to only want atomics, but the price premium is so great I've started to get over that as mandatory feature. The Rangeman is a terrific watch with a ton of functionality and many features I LOVE like the 1-button stopwatch. However, the bulkiness does not play nice with fitted/elastic cuffs on my winter jackets. I find the extended sensor button guard driving into the back of my hand, and it will from time to time bump the button as a result.

From a day-to-day operational standpoint, I'm really loving the basic DW-5600 (mine is a DC-5600CS-9 in yellow and blue). The functionality is the gold standard for what and how a watch should be. No solar, no atomic, but mine is adjustable and I've regulated it within COSC standards. This is the watch I care about the least, so I wear it the most.

From a pure style standpoint, I've recently gotten over my solar-only requirement and discovered the GA-110 series. It's real personal for me, but there are many things I dig about this watch. The piss-poor illumination is annoying in the extreme, but Casio doesn't seem in a rush to change that. It does do the job, and the color, while awful, is not harsh, especially in total darkness. As I think of it, LOTS of watches have NO illumination or lume, so I can deal with it. The watch is hard to read, but something about the layout forces you to study it and it winds up drawing you in. It's not practical, so if you NEED a watch solely for timekeeping, this is not that watch. Like, if you're an EMT or in some sort of life-or-death job, get something basic. But for something fun to look at that also tells the time, date, counts up and down, and can even calculate speed, the GA series have a lot to offer for not a lot of money. They are bulky, but light, and the shape fits my wrist with minimal gap, unlike, say, the Frogman.

I think the reality of G-Shocks, and many watches, is that you will never be happy with just one. Expect to always want something different, or new, or better. Find one you like in your price range and try it out. You'll find out what you like and what you miss, and can grow your obsession accordingly ;)
    When there is doubt, there is no doubt.

My only g-shock. Gxw-56bb-1jf.
    Attached Images Attached Images

G-Shock: 001-1CDR Jason, G-7800-1ER Urbanizer, GW-056E-1VER Police Captain , GS-1100B-1AER Black Infinity , GW-M5600
    Name:  DSC04222222.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  372.0 KB
    G-Shock GD-350-1BER
    Name:  6.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  463.2 KB
    Pro Trek PRG-100
    Name:  ProTrek PRG-100.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  436.3 KB
    Pro Trek PRW-3500-1ER
    Name:  13.2.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  602.1 KB
    Last edited by SgtPepper; March 11th, 2017 at 15:02.
    greeting Wolfgang

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information