Need Help to Replace Casio Watch Battery - Page 2

Thread: Need Help to Replace Casio Watch Battery

-->
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Need Help to Replace Casio Watch Battery

Quote Originally Posted by wolf01
    Sorry to be so obtuse dw5600, but is the "lock" the black square between the two metal prongs with a hole in it's center ? If so, should I lift up on that or push in on it or what ? So far, I haven't seemed to be able to make it budge at all.
    Should I be trying to lift the metal piece up off of the black plastic piece, or does the black plastic piece itself rise to release the metal piece ?

Arrrghhh...this is a lot easier than you think.

Look at the picture sjors has placed the red arrow on.

The tip of the arrow is on a black rectangular hole/shadow.

Use a pin or sewing needle, point first into this hole i.e. straight into the picture on the pc screen.

Then move the top of the needle left and the spring clip will twang upwards (out of the picture)

Lift that edge of the battery (pry it up carefully with the needle) and slide it out of the recess.

slip the new battery in the same way then press the clip back down till it latches.

You are only bending the battery clip up by 20 to 30 degrees, don't try 90 degrees or it will never be the same again!!!

Does this help? You will die when you discover how easy this is, I expect I could fit a new battery to that module in about 10 seconds max...

regards, Carrot

Greetings ALL,
    I know Sjors great site provides info for this topic, but if there ever was a push pin topic it was this. Is it not done so as to avoid any irrate voided warranty complaints? Obviously a disclaimer is necessary. Thanks you. Just my 0.02:thanks

Wink Re: Need Help to Replace Casio Watch Battery

Hi Wolf,

Like carrot says, check the lat pic I posted. The battery almost releases itself here. Only needs to pull up the lock for a few mm, just to slip the battery under the lip of the lock. I think 10 seconds is a bit fast, a battery could be changed in 30 secs easily...

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors

Don't forget to reset the watch. More complex modules might fail direct or after a while if not reset.

Cheers,

Sjors
    Just curious, but what do you mean exactly by "reset the watch"? How do you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by sam
    Just curious, but what do you mean exactly by "reset the watch"? How do you do that?

Hi Sam,

The resetting procedure is quiet easy. On most modules (it only occured to me once I couldn't find any) you'll find a contact (mostly a little hole, but in Wolf's module it's the big contact near the battery).

You need to short circuit this contact with the back of the battery (positive side) after placing the battery. The best way to do that is with a metal shart point pincet, but I usally use a staple and a miniature screwdriver. If the reset has been succesfully, the watch start's at 12:00:00. If not, repeat the reset operation until it works. Usually one reset is enough, but I had a very persistant Codename which needed 5 reset attempts before it started.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Sam

Gotcha...thanks Sjors.

Carrot, your words

"Use a pin or sewing needle, point first into this hole i.e. straight into the picture on the pc screen. Then move the top of the needle left and the spring clip will twang upwards (out of the picture)" ------ were just what I needed to finally understand and "unlock" the battery holddown . From there, 10 seconds was actually enough time to change the battery! That mission accomplished. Thanks everyone.

However, a new problem: while I would swear that the plastic back practically fell off after I removed the four screws originally, I cannot get the dang thing to go back into position to complete the job (it almost seems like the back has expanded so as to no longer fit). Does that back need to be forced back in place or what? (My Casio has no gasketing to complicate matters).

I hope everyone stays patient with me.
    Last edited by wolf01; April 22nd, 2006 at 03:02.

Hi Wolf,

a module normally fits very tight in it's case. It sometimes won't "sink"completelt. If you have that sewing pin near you, try to move the button lips over the button tops, that are probably blocking the module from sinking down (I asume you checked trhe module is places in the right position. The time upside down is a bit looking weird). I also hope there wasn't a loose alarm spring in your module. Your alarms won't work if there was one and you lost it....

Good Luck!

Cheers,

Sjors

With the module not even in the case I still can't get the back to go into position on the case! I don't give up easy, but........

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information