Thread: Need Help to Replace Casio Watch Battery

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Confused Need Help to Replace Casio Watch Battery

I have usually had no problems in replacing digital watch batteries. However, my Casio #2587 (similar to 2406 and 2583) Wave Ceptor watch has me stumped. The CR1620 battery is held down by a very thin metal plate that covers most of the back of the watch and appears to be clipped to the body of the watch by four ears that are part of the plate (each ear is on the perimeter of the plate and at 90 degrees to the plate). I wonder if there is some release mechanism to free this plate or does one forcibly unsnap the plate (and, if so, is there a specific ear that should be unsnapped first?). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Wink Re: Need Help to Replace Casio Watch Battery

Hi Wolf,

I think you mean the battery lock (I hope you do). You can release the lock by using a very thin pin (those things that women use yo sew clothes with). There is a little notch you need to pul the lip over and the battery lock will jump open.

Maybe this page will help you. I understand that most Casio's use the same techniques.

Good Luck,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: Need Help to Replace Casio Watch Battery

Thanks sjors for your rapid reply. The thing is, that very thin "plate" I describe in my Casio, is a single piece of metal (holding down the battery and making contact with it's positive side). The plate has some cutouts in it, but it is certain that the entire plate must be removed to get at the battery. I am just afraid to try to snap the plate away from the body of the watch without knowing which of the four ears to pull on first! I'll see if I can take a photo of this and post it here Ken

Goodmorning Ken,

I think it's the type of battery lock that is locked on two sides (I've seen them before in older G-Shock types). You got to unlock both sides, but the procedure is the same. Placing a photo would be very effective I think, because I can only guess what you see. If you have a digital camera, try to make a macro and post it here. If you don't trust it get your watch to a Casio Service centre...

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I hope these will get you to pictures of my watch. The four "ears" I mentioned each clip to the side of the body of the watch and each is a switch for either the Light, Start, Mode or Receive function.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...y/DSCN0041.jpg
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...y/DSCN0040.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...y/DSCN0037.jpg

I am persisting in this since I have the watch apart, I already have the new battery and for future reference. This watch must be different from most Casios, huh?
    Last edited by wolf01; April 19th, 2006 at 20:44.

Hi Wolf,

Doesn't look too different from a G-Shock module. Lift the lock with a needle or pin at the point shown by the arrow.

Cheers,

Sjors

Sjors, are you saying that the piece laying directly on the battery has enough elasticity that it can be lifted off of the battery and that it will return to position after inserting the new battery (in other words, it can be bent upwards far enough to remove and replace the battery)?

I keep getting confused, I think, by the word "lock". Thanks for sticking with me on this.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf01
    Sjors, are you saying that the piece laying directly on the battery has enough elasticity that it can be lifted off of the battery and that it will return to position after inserting the new battery (in other words, it can be bent upwards far enough to remove and replace the battery)?

I keep getting confused, I think, by the word "lock". Thanks for sticking with me on this.
    Yes, you shouldn't have to lift this clip very high to get the battery out. It will go back down and lock. Just don't twist it or anything,lift it straight up only as far as you need to remove the battery. Don't forget to ac. the watch once the battery is in place. If you wanna have some real fun try one of these: Oder casio alarm/chrono such as a158,f84w,f91w just to name a few. Done so many,I can do them in my sleep.
    Last edited by dw5600; April 20th, 2006 at 02:27.

Sorry to be so obtuse dw5600, but is the "lock" the black square between the two metal prongs with a hole in it's center ? If so, should I lift up on that or push in on it or what ? So far, I haven't seemed to be able to make it budge at all.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf01

Hi Wolf,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes you can bend it a little, just enough to pop up the battery, like in my picture.

Don't forget to reset the watch. More complex modules might fail direct or after a while if not reset.

Cheers,

Sjors

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information