NEW GRAVITYMASTER GPW-2000 - Page 33
Like Tree602Likes

Thread: NEW GRAVITYMASTER GPW-2000

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Re: NEW GRAVITYMASTER GPW-2000

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo_V View Post
    This color combination is really nice.
    I may get that strap if they sell it separately.

I purchased a GPW-1000 but have been thinking of exchanging for the GPW- 2000 because of the added Bluetooth functionality however, in reality was is the app providing? Access to the functions on the watch, OK all if which the phone itself has alarms, chrono, countdown, not sure the reasoning a phone telling the watch what to do when it has it all! .. and you require the phone with the watch, surely the watch should be it's own thing, except when data logging. oh flight logging very useful, I think not! most pilots would have planned the a flight in advance with GPS co-ordinates.. what is the point of the app, telling you where you have been, how far travelled? Come on Casio..design team mst have better things to be doing than trying to "upgrade" a watch that did not require it.

Looking closely GPW-2000 has a very unbalanced design..everything is on the left (apart from that tiny date aperture hehe ) the design just does not look premium to me even the dials have greyed out markers.. as for the 24hr dials..horribly designed things yuk! talk about a $30 Casio look..

People mentioning it is smaller better on the wrist.. have you checked the specs? Width is the same for both watches, 2000 length longer by 1.1 and only .06mm difference in depth and the 2000 loses 1mm on the actual watch face.. ah yes the bluetooth chip.. taking up that space, which also reminds me the GPS receiving is smaller as the watch has the "Internet" as it's primary source of time sync..I wonder whether the GPS it was still designed with Sony?

Personally I am disappointed the MKII is not as good as the MKI in style and functionality ( I could go on about that screw crown vs lock crown etc)..to me it relies on the Smartphone to much for connectivity, when maybe Casio should be thinking again for an independent rugged GPS watch when so many other watches have phone connectivity for good reason.. unlike the GPW -2000. Nice try Casio... I'm guessing the MKIII will be following shortly (little more money for the design team and product construction), School mark from me.. MUST TRY HARDER.
    Last edited by willcoxsons; 3 Weeks Ago at 20:14.

Quote Originally Posted by willcoxsons View Post
    I purchased a GPW-1000 but have been thinking of exchanging for the GPW- 2000 because of the added Bluetooth functionality however, in reality was is the app providing? Access to the functions on the watch, OK all if which the phone itself has alarms, chrono, countdown, not sure the reasoning a phone telling the watch what to do when it has it all! .. and you require the phone with the watch, surely the watch should be it's own thing, except when data logging. oh flight logging very useful, I think not! most pilots would have planned the a flight in advance with GPS co-ordinates.. what is the point of the app, telling you where you have been, how far travelled? Come on Casio..design team mst have better things to be doing than trying to "upgrade" a watch that did not require it.

Looking closely GPW-2000 has a very unbalanced design..everything is on the left (apart from that tiny date aperture hehe ) the design just does not look premium to me even the dials have greyed out markers.. as for the 24hr dials..horribly designed things yuk! talk about a $30 Casio look..

People mentioning it is smaller better on the wrist.. have you checked the specs? Width is the same for both watches, 2000 length longer by 1.1 and only .06mm difference in depth and the 2000 loses 1mm on the actual watch face.. ah yes the bluetooth chip.. taking up that space, which also reminds me the GPS receiving is smaller as the watch has the "Internet" as it's primary source of time sync..I wonder whether the GPS it was still designed with Sony?

Personally I am disappointed the MKII is not as good as the MKI in style and functionality ( I could go on about that screw crown vs lock crown etc)..to me it relies on the Smartphone to much for connectivity, when maybe Casio should be thinking again for an independent rugged GPS watch when so many other watches have phone connectivity for good reason.. unlike the GPW -2000. Nice try Casio... I'm guessing the MKIII will be following shortly (little more money for the design team and product construction), School mark from me.. MUST TRY HARDER.
    I think you're reading too much into the app. The Bluetooth functionality is just another means of keeping the time current. If we're being honest, it's a gimmick, just like Multi Band 6 and GPS, but who doesn't love gimmicks when it comes to G-Shocks? This isn't meant to be a smartwatch, and no matter what functions the app may provide the watch still stands on its own. I recently picked up a newer Casio Edifice with Bluetooth and the app allows you to individually adjust each of the hands on the watch in case one of them gets dislodged due to vibration, which I think is pretty cool. It also allows you to enter in all of your email addresses and domains so the watch will alert you if you receive new email. Necessary? No, but still fun.

In terms of the design, obviously this is subjective, but I agree that the dial of the 1000 looks nicer. I actually really like that it says Global Positioning System on the dial. However, I much prefer the rounder case design of the 2000, as the extended crown protectors or whatever they are on the 1000 make the case look awkward on all but the largest wrists. In terms of comfort, most 2K owners attest that it wears more comfortably than the 1K, so it's tough to say without trying both of them on, despite what the dimensions may suggest.

Also, I'm curious what makes you think that Bluetooth is the "primary" source of time sync? Nothing in the 2K's specs suggests that. If the receivers are smaller, isn't that just normal for newer tech in newer watches, like Triple Sensor Ver.3?
    Last edited by kubr1ck; 3 Weeks Ago at 21:03.
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."
    --William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (1929)

Quote Originally Posted by willcoxsons View Post

I agree with you in general, two months ago I was sure to refuse this watch, finding the first version better in all aspects..
    But eBay is the best enemy, and the discounted price forced me to buy...
    My model, blue, is less precious than the first version, the band too rubberized, the dial too minimal, in general too humble..
    But in this season the light blue of the bezel gained my respect and favorable appearance, so it is my default watch in this period. When I want more important watch, I wear the first version.
    But every G-Shock can find a portion of glory in our life, one day or another...

MainePorsche likes this.
    The best Casio G-Shock is the next one...

Yes indeed Bluetooth a bit of a gimmick for sure.. Multi-band and GPS less so of course as these actually keep the watch to an accuracy that mechanical and standard quartz can only dream of (or so I tell my friends with Rolex's/Tag Heuer's etc LOL)

I used the phrase primary as quoted from the manual "The watch will synchronize it's time setting to that of the phone immediately when they are connected to each other" ( presumably overriding GPS and Multi-Band time settings) Bluetooth connectivity will be most of the time right? for most people who want this watch, all that flight logging, adjusting time zones and setting those alarms etc.. hehehe

I like that GPS wording on the dial too.. it has been demoted to the strap by the look of it, the App on the Edifice does sound very cool and useful! :o)
    jasonamoako.ja likes this.

Can only agree with your last sentience and yes the blue bezel does look good!
    jasonamoako.ja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fcasoli View Post
    I agree with you in general, two months ago I was sure to refuse this watch, finding the first version better in all aspects..
    But eBay is the best enemy, and the discounted price forced me to buy...
    My model, blue, is less precious than the first version, the band too rubberized, the dial too minimal, in general too humble..
    But in this season the light blue of the bezel gained my respect and favorable appearance, so it is my default watch in this period. When I want more important watch, I wear the first version.
    But every G-Shock can find a portion of glory in our life, one day or another...

Ah yes.. you mentioned the "discount" word.. and this has been my "enemy" too! Not easy to get hold of 2000 in the UK especially discounted but of course with doggedly looking.. Official Casio retailer with VERY generous discount. So, I have a GPW-2000 on the way.. I will be interested to compare the two in my hands to see which one gets returned.
    kubr1ck likes this.

I this one seriously even bigger than the GWG-1000 Mudmaster ?

I'm in love with the GWP-2000, but i've owned the Mudmaster for a while and returned as i found it too bulky.

If it is bigger, it will probably still not stop me from bying it, but still ...
    :)
    Watching

GPW-2000 very good, but... me no money!

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread Information