NEW GRAVITYMASTER GPW-2000 - Page 35
Like Tree694Likes

Thread: NEW GRAVITYMASTER GPW-2000

Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast

Re: NEW GRAVITYMASTER GPW-2000

Quote Originally Posted by William1Wilson View Post
    ...I think (indeed i'm sure) that in terms of beauty, construction, but above all technology this G-SHOCK GPW 2000 is the best G
    currently on the market .
    The GPS feature is good for the worldly aviator, but the features of the compass, barometric pressure, (and Moon Age) seen on the the GWG and GWN(Q) are more useful when on an overnight hunting trip in the Allagash outside of tele service. Optimal technology is in the purview of the user.
    Hidden Content

Timepieces
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN 1000H 9AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWG 1000DC 1A5JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWF D1000NV 2JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GW 9300 DC
    2017 CASIO EDIFICE EF 305 1AV
    1990 ROLEX GMT II M16713LN STAINLESS/GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by MainePorsche View Post
    The GPS feature is good for the worldly aviator, but the features of the compass, barometric pressure, (and Moon Age) seen on the the GWG and GWN(Q) are more useful when on an overnight hunting trip in the Allagash outside of tele service. Optimal technology is in the purview of the user.
    I love my GPW 2000. But I have wanted to grab another master of g since I got it for different applications (and lets be honest, it's become somewhat of an addiction). I've been eying the GWNQ for all the cool stuff it has but have seen the many YouTube videos of the hour hand problem. Hopefully they get it fixed and QC'd and in more colors. In the meantime, I'll save my pennies and enjoy my Gravitymaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Datkanwel View Post
    I love my GPW 2000. But I have wanted to grab another master of g since I got it for different applications (and lets be honest, it's become somewhat of an addiction). I've been eying the GWNQ for all the cool stuff it has but have seen the many YouTube videos of the hour hand problem. Hopefully they get it fixed and QC'd and in more colors. In the meantime, I'll save my pennies and enjoy my Gravitymaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I own a GWG and GPW and happily never use any of these features. Let's face it, the tri-sync of the GPW (GPS, MultiBand6, Bluetooth) is just a very cool gimmick, and G-SHOCKs appeal to most of us who grew up watching Inspector Gadget.
    Datkanwel and William1Wilson like this.
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."
    --William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (1929)

Quote Originally Posted by MainePorsche View Post
    ...Of course, what you say in theory and probably even in practice would be right, but i was referring to the technology applied to the new module, not to the number of features available, the new GPW 2000 module is in my opinion something really extraordinary and never seen Before in a wristwatch, 6 motors that carry out the many hands operations independently, the many operations that are and will be possible directly through the dedicated app G-SHOCK CONNECTED that if supported appropriately can hold us great surprises mainly through the GPS, the three way time sync then is really spectacular and useful !
    There are also many other small evolutions in the GPW 2000 compared to previous models, especially with regard the construction, for example the carbon fiber of the strap is made up differently from the other models .

...It's even true that features like barometric pressure, moon phases etc may actually come back useful and therefore may justify buying a GWG 1000 MUDMASTER or a GWN Q1000 GULFMASTER, but it is up to each of us to consider whether these functions may be really needed to justify their purchase and this beyond the beauty of the watches themselves, which are wonderful especially the GWG 1000!
    Regarding the compass is actually also on the GPW 2000, indeed, there is probably something much better, the measuring of latitude and longitude, and if we can able to use and read properly the data can be really useful .

sorry for my english.. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrhman View Post
    Tell me. It's a little less blue than in the picture right ? I think the picture is over saturated.
    Myrrhman likes this.
    The best Casio G-Shock is the next one...

I think a terrible mistake lost the compass in GPW-2000, also for Aviator, I cannot hope in my smartphone with low battery life to understand the correct direction!
    Last edited by fcasoli; August 13th, 2017 at 22:13.
    Myrrhman likes this.

Haha, thanks !

But while i wait for my salary, maybe you guys can help a bit more (effectively )

I'm not sure which one to choose yet.

Attachment 12424187

Lets say A or B.

I''m leaning towards A. And i've asked the same on the dutch forum (https://www.horlogeforum.nl/t/g-shock-only/62407/457) and mostly they also say A.
    What do you guys think ? I'm sorry @kubr1ck, your version doesn't really appeal to me. No hard feelings
    A is super sexy!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Myrrhman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fcasoli View Post
    I think a terrible mistake lost the compass in GPW-2000, also for Aviator, I cannot hope in my smartphone with low battery life to understand the correct direction!
    I have to agree with that
    Watching since 2015
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by fcasoli View Post
    Thanks for the pics !!

Looks a little less blue yes. But not as much as i thought.
    Watching since 2015
    Hidden Content

Thanks for the pics !!

Looks a little less blue yes. But not as much as i thought.
    Really beautiful, not more to desire
    Myrrhman likes this.

Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast

Thread Information