NEW GRAVITYMASTER GPW-2000 - Page 4
Like Tree694Likes

Thread: NEW GRAVITYMASTER GPW-2000

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

NEW GRAVITYMASTER GPW-2000

Like it - especially the orange version and that means no purchase of the old Gravity Master 4 now. Heard the release date will be in May but maybe our forum member and authorised Casio dealer Odie knows more details. Still such a long time to go...

Re: NEW GRAVITYMASTER GPW-2000

i actually like these quite alot! orange as a trim colour being a favourite of mine certainly helps ;)
    i like the less boxy shape than the 1k, keeping the same metal bezel but losing the raised side bumpers helps alot with that. the two tone olive is nice but in a watch like this i feel the other two colourways fit it alot better. would love to see it in a grey (which in a couple photos there, the standard -1a model seems to almost look like)
    the long hour markers and orange second hand are very protrek prx8000 which i think is another reason why i like it.
    the weight is certainly getting up there but about the same as the mtgs'. i guess having the extra tech and the need to protect the tech (lol "protect ya tech" its µ-tang clans new song ) equals added weight.

sign me up for the i h8 the 24hr subdial club too! i managed to look past it but it was annoying none the less. the plain face is a little bit of a let down but over all i think its a nice improvement for a successive model. bluetooth and compass for the same retail release price as the 1k is pretty good (still damn expensive tho!)

hopefully we see these sync features trickle down to lower models at reasonable prices, tho what im really looking forward to is when they finally start syncing time with the mobile network directly sans phone :D

on a side note: i wonder what all the armchair engineers have to say about THAT lug and attachment design haha :p

Quote Originally Posted by ocddave View Post
    Yeah sure, after you guys ridiculed him to death, he is probably in a support group now.....chewing his fingernails, and babbling on and on about "Triple Connect" while receiving his next dose of Prozac.
    nah i doubt he noticed at all, too busy dreaming of things to add to the 5610 or what to write in his next letter to casio

Like this design.................my beef was with the 24 hour subdial.....in GPW1000.....but if this indeed weighs 198 gm......no way.
    Looks great IMO compared to the GPW1000!!

I have to agree with those who like the rounder design of the GPW-2000. I always find the GPW-1000 trying too hard to look "muscular" with the protrusions at 3 and 9 o'clock. The 2000 has a more "natural" look to it. The more curved metal bezel actually reminds me of some of the older ana-digi G's as well. However, I can see some cost cutting on the fit and finish, what you get for having additional techs but the same price tag as the 1000.
    soulbridgemedia likes this.

I hope this has better functions than the GPW1000. For example, the stopwatch in limited to 24min and trying to set the timer and alarm on the secondary dial was also a hassle due to its size. Looking forward to seeing this in person especially if they fixed some of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by soulbridgemedia View Post
    i like the less boxy shape than the 1k, keeping the same metal bezel but losing the raised side bumpers helps a lot with that.
    I don't think the bezel is the same, the sides are flat on the GPW1000, they look like they are a raised sharp edge on the GPW2000 (with no protection), which spells damage to me. At least with the plastic bumpers on the GPW1000, you could replace a $2.00 part to correct any plastic scraped.

Quote Originally Posted by kevio View Post
    I hope this has better functions than the GPW1000. For example, the stopwatch in limited to 24min and trying to set the timer and alarm on the secondary dial was also a hassle due to its size. Looking forward to seeing this in person especially if they fixed some of those things.
    Yup, that subdial was the biggest letdown on my GPW1000T, they should have made use of the small upper 24 hr dial and used a 12 hour subdial for settings. Other than that I think the GPW1000 is perfect for me, however I have sticker shock on how much the band replacement costs on the GPW1000T, pacparts shows it as $260?!?!? Thats insane! I really just wanted a watch that keeps great time, so compass and bluetooth aren't really high on my list, the GPS though is what sold me on my watch.....it has been holding perfect time, I don't think it has ever not been in sync with official atomic time....I use "time.gov" to check it, almost daily, and it has never deviated.

I have been terribly busy and so was away for long, until I saw the g-central news feed on this just now and couldn't resist to come back for a post. I'm so late for the discussion here!!

I like the inclusion of GPS positioning. The Bluetooth functionality for supporting the flight log visualisation on the smartphone app is indeed cool. But I don't like the looks of this GPW-2000. Seeing the real thing may flip my prejudice though. IMO, it has pretty much removed the elegance of the GPW-1000 and replaced with a more Protrek look, which is not my cup of tea. If I want to go the more sporty look, I would prefer it be implemented on a Mudmaster which is a better fit for the GPS positioning with the LCD panel anyway.

Nevertheless, if I am to buy, it must be the olive one. Overall, it looks quite reasonably priced.

Quote Originally Posted by cbkihong View Post
    ...But I don't like the looks of this GPW-2000. Seeing the real thing may flip my prejudice though...
    ^^^ That is how I feel too.

My thought at first glance was that it must be a less expensive version of the GPW1000. Like the GG1000 is to the GWG1000. Maybe I'm just too much in love with the GPW1000, maybe it is just the 2000 nomenclature that confused me (and arguably still does).

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information