NEW GRAVITYMASTER GPW-2000 - Page 6
Like Tree764Likes

Thread: NEW GRAVITYMASTER GPW-2000

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 428
  1. #51
    Member Time4Playnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: NEW GRAVITYMASTER GPW-2000

    Someone said the weight spec on the 2000 is 198 grams! Out of curiosity, checked my GPW-1000 and it comes in at.......only 125 grams!! Why nearly a 75g difference?? That's way more than I'd want. The GPW-1000 is plenty hefty. Even my all-metal MR-G comes in at only 145 grams. If I'm not mistaken, 198g is possibly even heavier than the MTGs.... (I no longer have one so can't weigh it)

  2. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    666

    Re: NEW GRAVITYMASTER GPW-2000

    MTG-G1000D-1A | MT-G | G-SHOCK | Timepieces | CASIO

    Same weight from the specs, but the MTG weight is based on one with all links included, which when sizing most people would get a few popped off thus making it a bit lighter in practice. Since there is no links to pop for GPW-2000, that means you are right, it is heavier than MTG for most people.

  3. #53
    Member Ralphee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    60
    24min stopwatch on an "aviation-inspired" watch? LOL! Casio engineers never seem to improve methodically on their previous shortcomings, and always keep one major "bummer" in an otherwise interesting module evolution. That's it for me, I'm over and out.
    Last edited by Ralphee; March 4th, 2017 at 10:52.

  4. #54
    Member ocddave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    787
    I think my GPW1000T is like 104g....So that 198g is insane to me, not interested in a watch that is almost twice the weight.

    Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    Someone said the weight spec on the 2000 is 198 grams! Out of curiosity, checked my GPW-1000 and it comes in at.......only 125 grams!! Why nearly a 75g difference?? That's way more than I'd want. The GPW-1000 is plenty hefty. Even my all-metal MR-G comes in at only 145 grams. If I'm not mistaken, 198g is possibly even heavier than the MTGs.... (I no longer have one so can't weigh it)

  5. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralphee View Post
    24min stopwatch on an "aviation-inspired" watch? LOL! Casio engineers never seem to improve methodically on their previous shortcomings, and always keep one major "bummer" in an otherwise interesting module evolution. That's it for me, I'm over and out.


    You, sir, bring the truth to the table. This short coming is just ridiculous.

  6. #56
    Member Watch_Geekmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,526

    Re: NEW GRAVITYMASTER GPW-2000

    Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    Someone said the weight spec on the 2000 is 198 grams! Out of curiosity, checked my GPW-1000 and it comes in at.......only 125 grams!! Why nearly a 75g difference??
    My guess: additional Bluetooth hardware, as well as additional mechanics for the concentric rings thing for displaying date, day, longitude and other indications.

  7. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    507

    Re: NEW GRAVITYMASTER GPW-2000

    I'll be passing on this one.... no compass, no screw on case back, and only a 24 minute stopwatch. You gotta be kidding me.

  8. #58
    Member WES51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    958

    Re: NEW GRAVITYMASTER GPW-2000

    Quote Originally Posted by ocddave View Post
    I think my GPW1000T is like 104g....So that 198g is insane to me, not interested in a watch that is almost twice the weight.
    Actually 'heavy' is very appealing to me.
    I associate heavy with quality.

    I wonder where the extra weight is coking from. Is this watch all metal? Or does it have a thicker glass?

  9. #59
    Member Hassann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    93

    Re: NEW GRAVITYMASTER GPW-2000

    Quote Originally Posted by t minus View Post
    I'll be passing on this one.... no compass, no screw on case back, and only a 24 minute stopwatch. You gotta be kidding me.
    Sorry for the ignorance but I've always been curious about the appeal of screw on case backs. Other than easier repairs for DIYers, what other benefit does it serve? I would have thought non-screwbacks would be more secure in the waterproofing and dustproofing sense?

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  10. #60
    Member Deepsea_dweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    20,030

    Re: NEW GRAVITYMASTER GPW-2000

    Quote Originally Posted by WES51 View Post
    Actually 'heavy' is very appealing to me.
    I associate heavy with quality.

    I wonder where the extra weight is coking from. Is this watch all metal? Or does it have a thicker glass?
    Same here Definitely appreciate the additional weight

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Casio G Shock GPW-1000-1b GravityMaster In Canada!
      By monkeyarms in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: July 13th, 2016, 19:03
    2. FS: Casio G-Shock GPW-1000-1B (FC) with combi bracelet, Gravitymaster, SOLD
      By Knives and Lint in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: May 13th, 2016, 23:46
    3. GPW-1000 Gravitymaster Crown Unclocked & Rinsed
      By voltchaoz in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 19
      Last Post: March 22nd, 2016, 07:24
    4. FS: Casio G-Shock Gravitymaster GPW-1000, $400
      By nycowl in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: February 8th, 2016, 07:42
    5. **SOLD**FSOT: Casio G-Shock Gravitymaster GPW-1000-1A $450
      By Oguh in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: September 6th, 2015, 14:24

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •