NEW GRAVITYMASTER GPW-2000 - Page 7
Like Tree605Likes

Thread: NEW GRAVITYMASTER GPW-2000

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Re: NEW GRAVITYMASTER GPW-2000

From the specs it looks like its 120g

Hasaf likes this.

Looks like they updated the specs, it was showing 198g.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperP View Post
    From the specs it looks like its 120g

Time4Playnow likes this.

Is anyone aware of a legitimate technical reason why GPS and compass functionality are hard to include together? It seems strange that there is not one watch in the range that includes both of those things - that seem obvious bedfellows to me - but I wonder if there is a reason for that.
    fcasoli likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WES51 View Post
    Actually 'heavy' is very appealing to me.
    I associate heavy with quality.

I wonder where the extra weight is coking from. Is this watch all metal? Or does it have a thicker glass?
    GPW-1000: 125g
    GPW-2000: 120g

* I'm glad I have the higher quality GPW-1000!!

Wes, I could point you toward some Invictas that weigh a pound, or close to it! If heavier weight = higher quality, Invicta must make some of the highest quality watches in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    GPW-1000: 125g
    GPW-2000: 120g

* I'm glad I have the higher quality GPW-1000!!
    LOL

I'm glad too. Because like I said before (post#40 of this thread), I'm already so in love with the GPW1000 and at the moment just simply can't see beyond that.

But hey, isn't it good to know there are people, who would gladly buy all those GPW1000s that are now going to be flipped for the new GPW2000?

:D
    Time4Playnow and STavros78 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WES51 View Post
    LOL

I'm glad too. Because like I said before (post#40 of this thread), I'm already so in love with the GPW1000 and at the moment just simply can't see beyond that.

But hey, isn't it good to know there are people, who would gladly buy all those GPW1000s that are now going to be flipped for the new GPW2000?

:D
    That's basically the way I feel also. I must have temporarily lost my mind when I sold my first GPW-1000-2A. (& whoever that buyer was, he got a pretty good deal too on a mint-cond. watch! I sold it for about half of what I paid for it.) I won't make that mistake again!!

However, even though the first pics of the GPW-2000 don't pique my interest at all -- I know that "never say never" def. applies to me.... I wasn't fond of the Maharishi MM when I first saw it - now, I love it! Matter of fact, the first pics released when the MM FIRST came out - I didn't think I liked it at all - now I have 4 of them! So it could just be that I have to "warm up" to new models.

But regardless - no plans at all to sell my GPW-1000-2A and my beloved GPW-1000RAF. Arguably two of the best GPWs ever released, IMO!!
    fcasoli, WES51 and STavros78 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    That's basically the way I feel also. I must have temporarily lost my mind when I sold my first GPW-1000-2A. (& whoever that buyer was, he got a pretty good deal too on a mint-cond. watch! I sold it for about half of what I paid for it.) I won't make that mistake again!!

However, even though the first pics of the GPW-2000 don't pique my interest at all -- I know that "never say never" def. applies to me.... I wasn't fond of the Maharishi MM when I first saw it - now, I love it! Matter of fact, the first pics released when the MM FIRST came out - I didn't think I liked it at all - now I have 4 of them! So it could just be that I have to "warm up" to new models.

But regardless - no plans at all to sell my GPW-1000-2A and my beloved GPW-1000RAF. Arguably two of the best GPWs ever released, IMO!!
    Wow, you have 2 of the best! I just picked up a GPW-1000T for a killer price and can't be happier. It's a great looking watch and is very comfortable to wear. It's more comfortable than my Maharishi (band size is a little off for my wrist making it too tight or loose) which is definitely making me think twice about it. If it wasn't so good looking I would unload it. Hopefully a 2A pops up for sale once these go on sale...
    Last edited by RossL; March 5th, 2017 at 01:56.
    Time4Playnow, WES51 and STavros78 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ocddave View Post
    Looks like they updated the specs, it was showing 198g.
    Wow, that's a huge difference.

Looks like because the weight was so ferociously discussed here that it caught the attention of somebody from Casio, "hey, maybe we have made a mistake getting the spec from the wrong envelope - it's not *that* heavy after all"

Not in a rush to get one, until they have a nicer colorway which piques my interest. Wouldn't flip any of my GPWs too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hassann View Post
    Sorry for the ignorance but I've always been curious about the appeal of screw on case backs. Other than easier repairs for DIYers, what other benefit does it serve? I would have thought non-screwbacks would be more secure in the waterproofing and dustproofing sense?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    In short, screw-backs apply the force more evenly than a case-back with four separate screws at the corner, thus creating a more secure seal. Is just a matter of physics, so yes, preferable. Screw-backs are used on certified, key word, certified dive watches. A case-back with fours screws at the corners applies an uneven force at the corners instead of a evenly distributed force that a screw-back case possesses.

Is a 4 screw case back effective? Probably in most situations. Is a screw-back superior? Yes. Casio used to make a screw-back on their original G's, now the Frogman is one well know G with a screw-back. Wish they would make it standard issue, that and sapphire crystals. Hey, I can dream :)

Quote Originally Posted by t minus View Post
    In short, screw-backs apply the force more evenly than a case-back with four separate screws at the corner, thus creating a more secure seal. Is just a matter of physics, so yes, preferable. Screw-backs are used on certified, key word, certified dive watches. A case-back with fours screws at the corners applies an uneven force at the corners instead of a evenly distributed force that a screw-back case possesses.

Is a 4 screw case back effective? Probably in most situations. Is a screw-back superior? Yes. Casio used to make a screw-back on their original G's, now the Frogman is one well know G with a screw-back. Wish they would make it standard issue, that and sapphire crystals. Hey, I can dream :)
    Thanks for the very informative response. Makes sense now!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information