Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Pathfinder PAG40 battery replacement

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Pathfinder PAG40 battery replacement

Hello forum

Brand new member here. I have a Pathfinder PAG40 that the batteries are finally going in (almost 4 years!). Not willing to spend the $70 Casio service wants to change the batteries. I have the back off and thanks to the how to I can remove and replace the batteries but how do I reset the ac with 4 batteries. I do not see one AC point to touch to the back of the batteries. Is it the one marked circle point on the silver plate or is it the little gold dots? Don't really want to experiment. Also does anyone have a name brand for the USA of a silicone for the gasket? Thanks for any and all help

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Schwinnbob; July 28th, 2006 at 20:34.

Re: Pathfinder PAG40 battery replacement

Hi:

No replys, maybe this is not the correct forum for this question. Can anyone help with my question or direct me to a better forum for my question.

Thanks
    Bob

That's strange how they labled it. I would suspect is the gold dot on the right of the picture.
    OMEGA Seamaster 212.30.41.20.01.002 / MR-G Frogman MRG-1100/ G-Shock GW-M5625E/ GULFMAN I.C.E.R.C. (2008) G-9101K, G-SHOCK GW-225E FROGMAN, G-9200R Riseman (MIRO), G-7800 Super Square, DW-5600BR-5JR TD*P, Casio Pathfinder PAW-1300G-1VCR/ Citizen ProMaster BJ8034-04E/ WENGER Aquagraph's 1000m/ SUUNTO Vector (Lime)/ SUUNTO CORE (Black/Yellow)/ Citizen "EcoZilla" BJ8050-59E (300M) / WENGER Swiss RAID COMMANDO

...It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live!

Quote Originally Posted by Schwinnbob
    Hello forum

Brand new member here. I have a Pathfinder PAG40 that the batteries are finally going in (almost 4 years!). Not willing to spend the $70 Casio service wants to change the batteries. I have the back off and thanks to the how to I can remove and replace the batteries but how do I reset the ac with 4 batteries. I do not see one AC point to touch to the back of the batteries. Is it the one marked circle point on the silver plate or is it the little gold dots? Don't really want to experiment. Also does anyone have a name brand for the USA of a silicone for the gasket? Thanks for any and all help

Bob
    Greetings Schwinnbob.
    I used this site which one of our moderators, Sjors, pointed me to:
    http://watch-coo.com/battery/casio/casio.html

This owner changes the battery on his Protreks too.
    http://watch-coo.com/battery/casio/protrek1.html
    http://watch-coo.com/battery/casio/protrek-prt60.html
    http://watch-coo.com/battery/casio/protrek-prt50.html
    http://watch-coo.com/battery/casio/prt700-2334.html
    http://watch-coo.com/battery/casio/prt40-1471.html

For all these watches it looks like the gold dot. Is is possble for more close up pictures of the watch opened? The pic you posted is good, but there is something in the top left hand corner I am curios about.

I hope this site helped.

P.S Did you used to have a Schwinn bicycle?

Hi Guys!

Thanks for the replys. I have replaced the picture on my initial post with hopefully a better one. With this better picture if anyone has more info it would be greatly appreciated. The watch changing site was great but could not find any that had 4 batteries like mine. Once the AC point is identified it should be a piece of cake.

Yes, did use to collect Schwinn bikes and of course had one has a kid. As a matter of fact, still have the same bike from my childhood - 1968 Rams Horn Fastback. Had to give up the collecting though as bikes take up a huge amount of room. Have moved on to Aurora Postage Stamp N Scale Trains.

Thanks!
    Bob

Hi Bob,

I have literally today picked up a PRG-40 in the post that needs 4 new batteries :\

As soon as I've got some of the right size I will get the case open and see what's going on in there, should be just a few days :)

In the mean time if you find out yourself do let me know in this thread,

Cheers, Alex
    55 watches. 30 Casios. Appalling bank balance!

Hi Guys:

After looking at it more closely, I decided to plunge in. On the back in the metal the arrow is pointing towards the group of 4 gold buttons and on the back in the plastic between the metal and buttons has the AC molded in by the bigger button. I took that to mean the bigger button is the AC. Just finished changing the batteries and touching that button to the back of all 4 batteries with tweezers and it is all good. Reset and everything looks good.

Thanks again for all the input! Now I need to get a G-shock since reading all these posts has me wanting one.

Bob

Ah, I think I see what you mean.

The larger of the four gold contacts together with the other end of the tweezers on one of the batteries seems to reset it for me.

Managed to pick up 20 AG7 cells on ebay for 2.49 inc. del right now so in theory I have enough cells for 5 battery changes for what would cost me a new watch twice over if Casio serviced it!

I can't get over this watch - 6 volts and huge, what a beast it is.

Bob does your bezel rotate and in which direction? Mine doesn't, that's the next thing I have to investigate :)
    Last edited by pritch; July 29th, 2006 at 16:05.
    55 watches. 30 Casios. Appalling bank balance!

Hi Alex:

I wasn't sure if I needed to touch all 4 batteries and didn't check after doing one but I would tend to agree that you only need to touch one. My bezel only turns counter clockwise. I also got my batteries on ebay 10 for $6 shipped and now we know how to do it so it is a great thing.

Bob
    Last edited by Schwinnbob; July 29th, 2006 at 18:02.

Hi Schwinnbob etc.

I appreciate you or anyone can share exact step to contact AC with battery (+) using tweezers after battery replacement. I has been trying to contact AC with battery (+) using tweezers but don't have good news so far. I purchased 5 renata 1.5 V battery from ebay. I have the same watch (Casio Pathfinder 2271 PAG-40) as the picture posted above.

Thanks for help in advance.
    Robert

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information