WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Which side do you wear your watch, and what "hand" are you?

• Right-handed, and I wear my watches on the right.

Votes: 15 11.9%
  • Right-handed, and I wear my watch on the left.

Votes: 84 66.7%
  • Left-handed, and I wear my watch on the right.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Left-handed, and I wear my watch on the left.

Votes: 16 12.7%
  • I'm ambidextrous, and wear my watch on the left or right.

Votes: 3 2.4%

Poll: Which hand do you wear your watch on, and which hand do you write with?

9K views 31 replies 26 participants last post by  pindu 
#1 ·
So, knowing that I'm probably in the minority, I wondered if there were any other "unique" people like me.

I'm a right-handed person, but also wear my watch on the right side.

I know, I know...kinda weird. It's an inherited trait (my father was the same way).

#2 ·
I voted right-right, but it doesn't quite fit for me anymore. Lately I've started wearing one watch on each wrist, but I write with my right hand.
Before I got used to wearing multiple watches, I always wore right-right. It just felt more natural to me.

#4 ·
I didn't even think about multiple watch wearers. Interesting.

#5 ·
So, knowing that I'm probably in the minority, I wondered if there were any other "unique" people like me.

I know, I know...kinda weird. It's an inherited trait (my father was the same way).
Hadn't really thought much about it but I'm left handed and wear my watch on the left. |>

#7 ·
sweet |>|>

#6 ·
I'm left handed and wear my watch on my right hand. As a kid I tried wearing watches on my left hand but it got too cumbersome and uncomfortable dragging the buckle/clasp across the paper when I wrote. Also I tended to bang the watch into things more when it was on my left hand (probably just my perception, don't know).

I grew up on the tail end of the movement where grade school teachers would try and force lefties to write right-handed. It didn't "take" with me and I ended up staying a southpaw.

#13 ·
... i am sure there's a thread the same as this in the main forum.. :think:
Yeah, maybe. But I was interested in my fellow G Shock afficionado's more than the entire forum membership.

:-! :thanks

#9 ·
I'm right hand but when I was born that I was left hand and then my parents switch hand cause both parents are right hand and than after I got nailed from hit-n-run in 1984 that my right side was paralized but now I got some feeling back so I just write and smoke on right hand but on throwing I'm better throwing control on left hand.

#12 ·

I am right-handed but wear my watch equally comfortably on either right or left wrist depending on my preference for the day. :-d

#16 ·
Already voted with what certainly appears to be the conventional way of being right handed with my watch on the left hand.

Something I really don't get is people left or righthanded who wear their watches so that the face is on the inside of your wrist, I have tried this and all I seem to do is hit the watch face. I can see some circumstances where this would be an advantage but for day to day wear not at all.

#17 ·
Already voted with what certainly appears to be the conventional way of being right handed with my watch on the left hand.

Something I really don't get is people left or righthanded who wear their watches so that the face is on the inside of your wrist, I have tried this and all I seem to do is hit the watch face. I can see some circumstances where this would be an advantage but for day to day wear not at all.
Im right handed and where my watch on the left. I used to wear all my watches on the inside of my wrist. Its a feeling that you get used to and is hard to break...comfortable in some strange way. Also if you have hairy arms its alot cooler b/c the casing is against the non-hairy inside part of your wrist so your wrist doesnt get as sweaty. Since I purchased a few "decent" watches, Ive begun to wear them on top of the wrist...easier to show off like that.:-d

#18 ·
Being right-handed and wearing my watch on the right hand keeps me from banging into stuff. Wearing watches on the left cost me a few watches. Maybe I have more control over my right hand?!

#19 ·
I thought I was the only "weird" one here, till I read all your replies :-d

I'm a right-hander, and I used to wear my watch on my right wrist, until a couple of months back, where I switched to wearing my watch on my left wrist.

It's reduced the number of knocks on my watches, but the more significant knocks occurred on my Seiko :-(

#23 ·
#26 ·
Yeah, don't want to scratch up something like that if you can help it.

#27 ·
I'm Ambidextrous, but I wear my watches on the left wrist on the top. I was taught at an early age that that's where and how they were worn and the habit simply stuck. I do most things equally well with either hand and tend to switch between them based mainly on convenience.

#28 · (Edited)
I have ambidextrous tendences but do write with my right hand. I used to wear watches on my left but got fed up with the pain of the crown digging into my wrist, so now, with a few exceptions, I wear them on the right ;-)

I wouldn`t dare wear this on the left

Zeno EA-02, Euro Army Canteen Diver, Miyota 8200, 21 Jewels

Mind you, I often go double-wristed with my more normal watches ;-)

#29 ·
Wow

#30 ·
I'm left handed. I write with my left hand and I always wear my watch on my right wrist. I would find it odd to write with the arm sporting a wristwatch.

The only time I move my watch is when I play guitar. I play guitar "right handed", i.e., left hand on the frets and right hand on the strings. To avoid having my watch hit the top of the guitar while I'm strumming or fingerpicking, I move the watch to my left wrist.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.