View Poll Results: Which would you choose?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • The new Frogman

30 47.62%
  • One of the Pathfinders

33 52.38%

Thread: Poll: New Frogman or PRW-1300GJ-1JR

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    TTT

Re: Poll: New Frogman or PRW-1300GJ-1JR

I don't own either of them, but I would choose the pathfinder. I also find the asymmetry of the Frogman kind of disconcerting, although even the Mudman's different button designs on each side put me off for awhile - but I've grown to like them. It's probably like Sjors said - if you see something every day, it'll grow on you.
    Edit: Also, if you have to wait somewhere, the functions on the Pathfinder will provide more amusement than the Frogman for a few minutes.

I don't like either.

The Frogman has an unbalanced shape and is too big, the Protrek has an unbalanced display, and is too big.

But I can see their appeal and/or usefulness for others.
    Last edited by tribe125; November 3rd, 2007 at 00:46.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Depends on what u r gonna use it for. If its just aesthetics, the FROGMAN is one helluva good looker IMHO.

I guess the other factor is that if the Frog is going to be selling for $400+ due to its collectibility, then you could go close to buying two nice Seiko divers for that price.

Personally, I agree with the Pathy votes in that the Frog shape and display really don't do it for me, and certainly not at the price. Also FreeDiver is spot on about the 100m WR and lack of 'G-Shock'; very few of us (probably only pro divers, extreme sports people etc) are ever going to test the limits of a G-shock's resilience, let alone that of a Pathfinder.

We're mostly a bunch of watch nerds who mollycoddle our watches and store them in cushioned display cases.

Although when I was working in the mangroves...probably one of the toughest environments for any equipment. I should've applied to test G's for Casio dammit.

I would go for the Pathfinder, as I already have a Frogman, and I've come to realise that having one Frogman is more than enough to my collection.
    No one ever works out and regrets it. You never go for a run, and then when you're finished, wish you would have stayed home. You never climb a mountain, get to the top, and say, "I should have just been content to stay where I was."

Easy choice for me, Frogman all day long.
    Real men don't need instructions.

Get the Froggy now. Wait a while and get the pathfinder for cheap

Quote Originally Posted by ygespwr View Post
    Get the Froggy now. Wait a while and get the pathfinder for cheap
    Well said. Well said indeed. Foggies are highly unlikely to EVER go down on price.

I like the look of the frog better, but the pathfinder is a more "practical" watch.

If you're a serious diver you're going to choose either a traditional "dive watch" or one with a REAL dive computer built in, not the lame-ass thing Casio pretends is a divers watch. Especially at the prices those things are going for. If they were comparable priced to the other watches like Gulfman or Mudmans (in the $100 range) then I'd say they're placed correctly.

The prices of them is artificially high IMO, when I can buy a 300m Citizen Ecodrive Analog dive watch for the same price, or a 200M ecodrive in FULL titanium with REAL dive timer and DEPTH gage that is also good enough looking to wear with a suit.

IMO as a diver a Sea pathfinder with tide and depth sensor is a better choice. That is until Casio comes out with a Frog with depth as well as time at each depth, and provides it as a realtime display, plus atomic and solar and tide graph... THEN it'll be worth $300....
    Last edited by Rapt; November 29th, 2007 at 14:50.

Quote Originally Posted by ygespwr View Post
    Depends on what u r gonna use it for. If its just aesthetics, the FROGMAN is one helluva good looker IMHO.
    Totally agree; I could count on one hand how many times I've used a countdown timer, stopwatch or alarm on a watch. I don't dive, of find paths.

Both are too expensive for me though...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information