PRW-3000 seconds?
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: PRW-3000 seconds?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jem

PRW-3000 seconds?

I have had this watch for some time and really wondered why they didn't include the feature of the visual blocks of seconds around the outer rim face, counting up...

Lo and behold , I was just browsing and saw some pictures of it, with the blocks of seconds on the outer rim of the face.

But try as I might, I can't figure how to get that setting. Am I missing something so obvious?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

Re: PRW-3000 seconds?

The seconds are displayed only in the third field.

The blocks flash at the edge only briefly when the barometer alarm is concerned. This also only if the alarm has been activated.

See manual E54:
    Barometric Pressure Change Indications
    Your watch analyzes past barometric pressure readings and uses a barometric pressure change indicator
    to inform you about changes in pressure. If it determines there has been a signifi cant change in pressure,
    it will beep and all of the graphic segments (
    ) around the periphery of the face will fl ash as a barometric
    pressure change alert.

http://support.casio.com/storage/en/...009/qw3414.pdf
    Last edited by SgtPepper; January 19th, 2017 at 23:58.
    Watch_Geekmaster likes this.
    greeting Wolfgang

jem

Many thanks - I did check the casio manual pdf but couldn't find it mentioned.

So,only if an alarm is set it will show the countdown blocks at edge of face?

Only by barometer alarm.

See video from 1 minute 16 seconds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DuHB63t8lg

Is a bit confusing on the casio product photos:

Source: Ausgestattet mit der neuesten Sensortechnologie: die PRW-3000 von CASIO PRO TREK

On the product picture the seconds are 50 seconds and the blocks are here at 40 seconds.

Could not find with my PRW-3500 (same module as PRW-3000) no mode where it will be displayed.
    Last edited by SgtPepper; January 19th, 2017 at 23:44.
    greeting Wolfgang

jem

Many thanks SgtPepper - I appreciate your answers. I do think Casio show a slightly misleading face then, as it appears from that pic that the 'second blocks' are in normal time mode, not barometer alarm.

Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by jem View Post
    I do think Casio show a slightly misleading face then, as it appears from that pic that the 'second blocks' are in normal time mode, not barometer alarm.
    Correct.
    greeting Wolfgang

The radial LCD digits are used for the Trek Log feature as well as appearing when you use the compass and as the baro trend indicator.

Not sure which page it is in the PRW300 manual but for my PRG270 & PRG300 it says - "A segment in the graphic around the periphery of the display flashes to show the time elapsed since trek log value updating was enabled. Each graphic segment represents 12 minutes, and one revolution around the display represents 12 hours"

The stock hero picture that shows the radial dots up to the 240 mark is showing that the trek log has been running for 8 hours.

jem

But as the watch obviously has the capacity and circuitry to show those blocks as seconds (if it were programmed to do so), then it seems a real shame not to have that feature ?

As said above the segments encircling the PRW3000 (as well as PRW3100, PRW3500/3510, PRG300, PRG270 and SGW1000) are NOT for displaying the progression of seconds. However, there are at least 2 other Casio watches as I remember, that have similar segments and are indeed for displaying the progression of seconds in time.

G7700/7710. Notice the small segments around the display. They for displaying seconds, however, it's not a continuous ring (interrupted by other display elements).
    Name:  g-7700-1dr-a.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  127.5 KB

AQ-164W. There are exactly 60 segments around the display, basically a substitution of the second hand for displaying the progression of seconds in a minute.
    Name:  aq-164w-7a-06_1_1.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  222.4 KB

In either examples above, the segments are too small and easy to overlook. So how useful they are is very subjective.
    GaryK30 likes this.

jem

Hi Watch-Geekmaster - yes, I understand now that they are not for displaying the progression of seconds on the prw3000, but what I am trying to say (probably rather badly and clumsily ?) is that the watch obviously has the capacity to do it if it were programmed that way, because the segments are there for showing other elements of information. All it would take is the circuit to be told/programmed to show the progression of seconds using those blocks?
    I can't really think of a direct analogy but say for example you could light up the watch face for 2 seconds with button A, then it wouldn't be beyond possibility that with a updated program then it could flash for 2 seconds every hour , on the hour without pressing button A (not that that would be a useful function, but you get the idea? Just because it didn't flash on the hour doesn't mean it couldn't if Casio so wished)
    Sorry - not great explaining myself here. Is anyone getting my general point?
    GaryK30 and Watch_Geekmaster like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information