PSA WARNING!!! *PICS* Important info about stealthing with regular goof off v. goof off 2 - Page 2

Thread: PSA WARNING!!! *PICS* Important info about stealthing with regular goof off v. goof off 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: PSA WARNING!!! *PICS* Important info about stealthing with regular goof off v. goof of

Ouch. That sucks.

It looks like you might as well go all the way and strip the coating off though. That plain resin underneath might be easy to dye. Maybe?

Thanks for taking one for the team. I'm sure you'll help save some other G-Shocks from a similar fate.

Re: PSA WARNING!!! *PICS* Important info about stealthing with regular goof off v. goof of

Sometimes that bleeds through though. Most people want stealth... with NO paint...

The goof off works well on the non shiny resin.. no complaints on any of my stealthed models.
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by bluegum View Post
    What are you going to do with that white one now?

Strip it completely and then dye it?
    thats a great idea!
    Hidden Content

Eric

| NYC | LA |

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post
    One thing I always wondered about is if it really is neccessary to remove the original paint on the letters before painting new paint?

Perhaps it will be ok to just cover the old paint with new paint?
    yah i was thinking about painting it matte black anyway... i might just paint over it and wipe off the excess paint like all of the DIYs suggested.
    Hidden Content

Eric

| NYC | LA |

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    Ouch. That sucks.

It looks like you might as well go all the way and strip the coating off though. That plain resin underneath might be easy to dye. Maybe?

Thanks for taking one for the team. I'm sure you'll help save some other G-Shocks from a similar fate.
    i hope so. i would hate to see someone attempt this mod especially after i did the experimentation.
    Hidden Content

Eric

| NYC | LA |

Quote Originally Posted by fongaroos View Post
    thats a great idea!
    Of course you realise you'll have to post pics of the result.

Actually, it's a great base color to dye with.

Confused Re: PSA WARNING!!! *PICS* Important info about stealthing with regular goof off v. goof of

im wondering if the red shiny GLX is red underneath or white?
    "Far out, in the uncharted backwaters at the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of a galaxy, lies a small unregarded yellow sun. orbiting this at a distance of roughly 92 million miles
    is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."
    The Hitchhikers Guide

All the 'patent' finishes I've seen have a similar base colour as top colour.

Must break off here - a parcel has arrived...
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    All the 'patent' finishes I've seen have a similar base colour as top colour.
    Yes...I have noticed that. It makes sense to do it that way.

I almost purchased one of these "shiny" watches but when I looked at the strap underneath, it was dull and I immediately though of the paint coming off like the Brazilian and other similar models.
    "Tempus fugit"Hidden Content

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information