WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Replaceable resin bezel for mudmaster GWG1000?

10K views 46 replies 11 participants last post by  Steelerswit 
#1 ·
I have a gwg1000 mudmaster and would like to change the original resin bezel with another one to protect the original one from wear and tear.Is it easy to replace it by myself?Also when i disassemble the bezel,what will be the material of the case of the watch under the bezel? Is it stainless case like the frogman or some sort of plastic case?I think since this is the mudmaster that supposed to be the toughest g shock so it should have a steel case underside.I am guessing.

#13 ·
Does the mudmaster gwg1000 has a steel case like the frogmann or some kind of plastic case?
But why casio didn't make it with the steel case as the frogmann since the mudmaster supposed to be the toughest g shock that resist any thing?
I think the resin plastic case will not be as rigid as a steel case.!!
What is the material of the inner middle case of the casio mudmaster? The case under the resin protective bezel... is it plastic or metal?
shouldn't it have a steel middle case to add to the rigidity of the watch?
the middle case must be steel covered by the resin bezel, i think so ! But i am not sure
but it will be weird if it is made completely from resin!!!
the inner chassis must be metal
Are you guys related? Either we have a Déjà vu in our timeline, or you two belong to the same family. ;-)

Youth Event Fun Party Festival

Only if they look this good. :-d

#14 · (Edited)
Are you guys related? Either we have a Déjà vu in our timeline, or you two belong to the same family. ;-)

View attachment 11218490
Only if they look this good. :-d
It seems that Mr Ashraf has concerns about durability and rigidity same as i am...
Which is something good to find members that care for the design flaw and the lifetime of a product which supposed to be a tough product as it is advertised for.
But sadly not many members care for the rigidity of what they buy.
What about you mr geekmaster.do you find the rigidity of the product in your 1st periority ?
Me myself become happy when i find a member who ask and care about the same subjects i cared for.
Do you have a problem with that !!!

#19 ·
I have a gwg1000 mudmaster and would like to change the original resin bezel with another one to protect the original one from wear and tear.
I am concerned about the design issue of any product before buying.
Since you already have one, why are you still concerned????????????????

If you are unhappy with what you have purchased, return or sell it and move on. Repeatedly voicing your concern here will not lessen your buyer's remorse.

HTH

#21 · (Edited)
Sure i got one and i regret buying it after knowing that it is completely a plastic watch and specially after reading few threads about the broken lugs in some rangman ,and the old gulfmann.
If i had seen these threads befor buying..i would never bought the new mudmaster.
And i am going to sell it.

#26 ·
Casio is very much in the business of resin-cased watches, the exceptions being just that: Few and far between. So, if you're sensitive or have a dislike for that, you'd do well to stay away from the brand altogether. You surely don't think that the Mudmaster case is somehow, miraculously going to turn to metal if you asked about it over and over again, do ya?

#31 · (Edited)
OK, I'm convinced! I'm selling all my G-Shocks and buying 1 real watch to satisfy the cherry picking troll.

Sent from Capt. Kirk's communicator
selling or keeping your lovely g shocks is your your business
i am just posting this thread to say that the metal cased g shocks covered with a soft resin bezel is more suitable for stresses being applied on the watch..the frogman is an iso certified diving watch capable for more than 200m depth and it is made of steel and if casio had made it from plastic resin as most of the g shocks,the lugs of the watch couldn't withstand the enormous pressure from such depth and gonna break .
so either you agree or not ..I don't care.

#33 ·
selling or keeping your lovely g shocks is your your business
i am just posting this thread to say that the metal cased g shocks covered with a soft resin bezel is more suitable for stresses being applied on the watch..the frogman is an iso certified diving watch capable for more than 200m depth and it is made of steel and if casio had made it from plastic resin as most of the g shocks,the lugs of the watch couldn't withstand the enormous pressure from such depth and gonna break .

so either you agree or not ..I don't care

#35 ·
Yeah I kinda have heard about the Rangeman lug issues before. Sorry to burst your little bubble.[/QUOTE]

and what was your impression after seeing these lugs issues on the rangeman����
still insiting on that the plastic cased g shocks are more durable than the steel cased g shocks ����

#37 ·
Beside the cases of broken Rangeman lugs:

If you read all the thread carefully then you will find the following common sense between G-Shock collectors:

1. Broken cases are very very rare.
2. If there is a danger for collectible Gs then it is resin rot

So if you want to keep the watches forever you need a source for the soft resin rather then steel or plastic cases.

From my 250 pcs collection there are 0 cases of defective housings.
But i have several Gs (plastic or metal case) that have no soft resin because its not available anymore.

Yeah I kinda have heard about the Rangeman lug issues before. Sorry to burst your little bubble.
and what was your impression after seeing these lugs issues on the rangeman����
still insiting on that the plastic cased g shocks are more durable than the steel cased g shocks ����[/QUOTE]

#40 ·
Hmm...

Spare resin will be as rot as the original after some years.
And, again, even my oldest plastic case Gs (1996) have no broken cases.

So stay cool about the case material. No need to worry.
Its glass fiber reinforced PUR.
Strong enough to withstand anything that your wrist can withstand while wearing it.

If you in doubt about that (a not very common doubt amongst collectors) then you are free to choose metal cased Gs. :)

you are right..the soft resin bezel may be after few years of usage become not available anymore in the market as a replaceable piece...so to be in the safe side you can buy a spare bezel for your favourite g shock in case you want to replace the original bezel that got worn. But provided that the inner plastic housing is still without any damage.[/QUOTE]

#41 ·
Hmm...

Spare resin will be as rot as the original after some years.
And, again, even my oldest plastic case Gs (1996) have no broken cases.

So stay cool about the case material. No need to worry.
Its glass fiber reinforced PUR.
Strong enough to withstand anything that your wrist can withstand while wearing it.

If you in doubt about that (a not very common doubt amongst collectors) then you are free to choose metal cased Gs. :)

you are right..the soft resin bezel may be after few years of usage become not available anymore in the market as a replaceable piece...so to be in the safe side you can buy a spare bezel for your favourite g shock in case you want to replace the original bezel that got worn. But provided that the inner plastic housing is still without any damage.
[/QUOTE]

thanks mate ��

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.