Replaceable resin bezel for mudmaster GWG1000? - Page 4
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Replaceable resin bezel for mudmaster GWG1000?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Replaceable resin bezel for mudmaster GWG1000?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerswit View Post
    OK, I'm convinced! I'm selling all my G-Shocks and buying 1 real watch to satisfy the cherry picking troll.

Sent from Capt. Kirk's communicator
    selling or keeping your lovely g shocks is your your business
    i am just posting this thread to say that the metal cased g shocks covered with a soft resin bezel is more suitable for stresses being applied on the watch..the frogman is an iso certified diving watch capable for more than 200m depth and it is made of steel and if casio had made it from plastic resin as most of the g shocks,the lugs of the watch couldn't withstand the enormous pressure from such depth and gonna break .
    so either you agree or not ..I don't care.
    Last edited by shwesque; March 19th, 2017 at 11:36.

No, seriously, you know more than the engineering scientists, so much more. What school did you get your doctorate at?

GTR83 and Time4Playnow like this.
    I am responsible for what I say, not your inability to comprehend.

Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerswit View Post
    No, seriously, you know more than the engineering scientists, so much more. What school did you get your doctorate at?

i am just posting this thread to say that the metal cased g shocks covered with a soft resin bezel is more suitable for stresses being applied on the watch..the frogman is an iso certified diving watch capable for more than 200m depth and it is made of steel and if casio had made it from plastic resin as most of the g shocks,the lugs of the watch couldn't withstand the enormous pressure from such depth and gonna break .

so either you agree or not ..I don't care

Quote Originally Posted by shwesque View Post

so either you agree or not ..I don't care

Steelerswit -- he must be looking up his school records - I guess that's why he posted the same answer twice...

you never heared of that before because as i said before you don't want to hear anything wrong about casio ...
    casio is your lovely wife

here is some links for your knowledge

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/bro...=1489911718295

G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-1 Parts Broken Off

G Shock Case Lugs Broken Off.....Will Casio Repair or Replace

https://www.tapatalk.com/topic/13788...-reinforcement

R u happy now ?? 😄😄

LOL Thanks for the laugh! I guess you missed the sarcasm in my previous post. Yeah I kinda have heard about the Rangeman lug issues before. Sorry to burst your little bubble.
    GTR83 likes this.

Yeah I kinda have heard about the Rangeman lug issues before. Sorry to burst your little bubble.[/QUOTE]

and what was your impression after seeing these lugs issues on the rangeman
    still insiting on that the plastic cased g shocks are more durable than the steel cased g shocks

so either you agree or not ..I don't care.
    Really? Oh, crap! I just checked my GW225A Frogmans (Frogmen?) and they are NOT made of steel. Could they be fake? I was always suspicious about the "Titanium" stamped on the caseback. And what's with that funky bright gold color? Steel is not gold, it's grey, right? Guess I better sell them cheap, eh?

No more G-Shocks for me - Casio must stop making watches that do not conform to my ideas of what a watch should be, too many surprises!

Last edited by gaijin; March 19th, 2017 at 17:19.
    GTR83 and Time4Playnow like this.
    "So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Beside the cases of broken Rangeman lugs:

If you read all the thread carefully then you will find the following common sense between G-Shock collectors:

1. Broken cases are very very rare.
    2. If there is a danger for collectible Gs then it is resin rot

So if you want to keep the watches forever you need a source for the soft resin rather then steel or plastic cases.

From my 250 pcs collection there are 0 cases of defective housings.
    But i have several Gs (plastic or metal case) that have no soft resin because its not available anymore.

Yeah I kinda have heard about the Rangeman lug issues before. Sorry to burst your little bubble.
    still insiting on that the plastic cased g shocks are more durable than the steel cased g shocks [/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by d2mac View Post
    Beside the cases of broken Rangeman lugs:

If you read all the thread carefully then you will find the following common sense between G-Shock collectors:

1. Broken cases are very very rare.
    2. If there is a danger for collectible Gs then it is resin rot

So if you want to keep the watches forever you need a source for the soft resin rather then steel or plastic cases.

From my 250 pcs collection there are 0 cases of defective housings.
    But i have several Gs (plastic or metal case) that have no soft resin because its not available anymore.

still insiting on that the plastic cased g shocks are more durable than the steel cased g shocks
    [/QUOTE]

you are right..the soft resin bezel may be after few years of usage become not available anymore in the market as a replaceable piece...so to be in the safe side you can buy a spare bezel for your favourite g shock in case you want to replace the original bezel that got worn. But provided that the inner plastic housing is still without any damage.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Really? Oh, crap! I just checked my GW225A Frogmans (Frogmen?) and they are NOT made of steel. Could they be fake? I was always suspicious about the "Titanium" stamped on the caseback. And what's with that funky bright gold color? Steel is not gold, it's grey, right? Guess I better sell them cheap, eh?

No more G-Shocks for me - Casio must stop making watches that do not conform to my ideas of what a watch should be, too many surprises!

when i say steel ..i mean metal cased which may be stainless steel or titanium but not plastic
    Last edited by d2mac; March 19th, 2017 at 18:28. Reason: Insult removed

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Hmm...

Spare resin will be as rot as the original after some years.
    And, again, even my oldest plastic case Gs (1996) have no broken cases.

So stay cool about the case material. No need to worry.
    Its glass fiber reinforced PUR.
    Strong enough to withstand anything that your wrist can withstand while wearing it.

If you in doubt about that (a not very common doubt amongst collectors) then you are free to choose metal cased Gs.

you are right..the soft resin bezel may be after few years of usage become not available anymore in the market as a replaceable piece...so to be in the safe side you can buy a spare bezel for your favourite g shock in case you want to replace the original bezel that got worn. But provided that the inner plastic housing is still without any damage.[/QUOTE]
    shwesque likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information