WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Restoring/repairing a couple of old Casios

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  sllee 
#1 ·
Hi guys.
I've done this little project a short while back but have been unable to post this till now. The 2 watches restored are the DW-1000 and the W-780. Both watches have all-steel cases, with the DW-1000 having a screwback as well.
This is not a how-to pictorial but I've included pics to show the models and the finished results.
Firstly the DW-1000. As some of you know, this is uses the 280 module with the little lightbulb for illumination. I've 2 pcs - one missing the bezel but faded lcd, the other the reverse.
Watch Watch accessory Technology Electronic device Dive computer

It was simply swapping the modules around, with the resulting 1 good watch:
Watch Watch accessory Wrist Technology Electronic device

I found that the second watch, the W-780, utilizes the same module (549) as the cheaper, more commonly found W-71:
Watch Digital clock Watch accessory Technology Timer

The lcd of W-780 was 'leaking' and the W-71, a cheap flea-mart find, served as a donor watch for another quick module swap. Here's the patient recovering nicely on my wrist:
Watch Watch accessory Wrist Technology Fashion accessory

A final pic of both the classics together:
Watch Watch accessory Digital clock Timer Fashion accessory

Lee

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks for the +responses and comments guys :)
I really like some of the 'older' stuff that Casio has made in their earlier years and for sure they don't make the cheaper digitals of the same quality as they did before. By that I mean having all s.steel cases. Imagine a current model like the W-800 in an all-steel case. I would buy that in a flash if Casio made one ;-)
Lee

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.