Like Tree30Likes

Thread: So will you be buying a GW-9400 Rangeman? UK Release details...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: So will you be buying a GW-9400 Rangeman? UK Release details...

Quote Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
    UK will be getting the solar-only G-9400. The GW-9400 (solar/atomic / carbon fiber strap) will only be sold in Japan, including in this newly mentioned yellow colorway
    This is always puzzling... the Atomic versions Casio brings out are so random, we had the atomic Riseman, more recently the initial blue atomic Mudman; but considering here in the UK we are in prime atomic sync territory, they really should just give us more atomics, I personally love this feature (and makes sense with Tough solar). I really don't think the atomic models to JDM is an exclusivity issue. I mean I see the GW- and what are often considered 'JDM' versions come out frequently in China as well, I don't know what kind of red tape is holding them back, but that's the only thing I can think of when it comes down to not giving us the atomic version.

A similar question was asked about the random release of non-atomic models to Ibe-san in the internet Q&A session to which he replied that he would 'look into it'...I think it would be good for Casio to bring over the atomic version it even if it's just for the UK, it will mean the rest of the EU will have easy access to the atomic version.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    So a GW-9200 + GW-9300 = GW-9400?

Yes, pretty much. Although it doesn't have the moonphase graph of the 9300... Instead, it has sunrise and sunset times, which neither the 9200 Riseman nor the 9300 Mudman have. So overall it appears to be a very feature packed module. If I could get over the looks of it (and that may happen with special editions) then I might get one. But not for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    Yes, pretty much. Although it doesn't have the moonphase graph of the 9300... Instead, it has sunrise and sunset times, which neither the 9200 Riseman nor the 9300 Mudman have. So overall it appears to be a very feature packed module. If I could get over the looks of it (and that may happen with special editions) then I might get one. But not for a while.
    That's good to know and I've also yet to see it in person when it arrives. Since it has all the Riseman have and more, I might also consider to move to the 9400 and sell off both my Risemen.
    Casio Riseman G-9200-1DR/GW-9200J-1JF, Rangeman GW-9400J-1JF, Frogman GWF-1000G-1DR & Classic GW-M5610R-1DR. TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300m Calibre 5 Automatic WAN2110.BA0822. Seiko Criteria 100m Quartz Chronograph SNDC63P1.

The triple sensor is what does it for me. That what drove me away from G-shocks years ago. I got into ABC watches and there were no G's available so I started collecting Suuntos. Now Im back in the game and this new Rangeman is the bees knees!! Its a must have for me. I've longed for an ABC G-Shock for years now! Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by LUW View Post
    Why would you buy it only when it reaches the UK?
    The yellow will come with "the wave" from Japan. When the green hits the UK, it will be worldwide (and thus dropping in street price) and I'll decide then if I'm getting it or not.

sent with aloha
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

UK will be getting the solar-only G-9400. The GW-9400 (solar/atomic / carbon fiber strap) will only be sold in Japan, including in this newly mentioned yellow colorway
    I thought the GW9400 is coming to the US?

sent with aloha
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

I will be buying the yellow one: all aesthetic reservations I had about the obtrusive screws vanished when I saw it! Plus I have yet to own any yellow G-Shock: how often will lightning strike???

I'll be getting one for sure.

This really, really annoys me. In the case of the Riseman we got the atomic version eventually, and now I have two friends who bought the early G-9200 who are cross with Casio.

Who wants to buy a feature-packed watch that is missing one of its key features? Talk about shooting yourself in the foot...

If Casio are trying to flip the non-atomic version to us for 280 I will be voicing my displeasure to them.
    JusticeG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Yes and No!
    <snip>
    I am a G addict on a budget!!

But make no mistake - it WILL be mine!
    <snip>
    I'm with you! Unlike some members here it seems, I've been acquiring a few new Casio watches as selection rather than collection for daily wear as my mood and activity dictates. I have no desire (or budget) to pay full price for the latest model. In fact just today, I ordered a new-old-stock PAW2000-1 online for cheap (USD $174 shipped vs MSRP $380). My choice was based on features, practical size and conservative style in combo with help from reviews on this forum by GShockMe and Smaug. BTW, thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by gaopa View Post
    Not knowing what the watch looked like, I did a net search and found a pic with the specs of the watch. Yes, I like it, but as has been said, it is pricey. If the price drops after a bit, I may add one to my G-Shock collection. Cheers, Bill P.

a photo taken from the net
    BTW, is it just me that thinks the new Rangeman looks a lot like a Cyborg?
    ("resistance is futile..." )

Name:  cyborg_logo.jpg
Views: 1852
Size:  8.2 KB
    Last edited by Boomer...; August 15th, 2013 at 22:20.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information