Stealth GW7900B...first mod. Super Stealth. - Page 2
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Stealth GW7900B...first mod. Super Stealth.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    In the most fracked up country of the world

Re: Stealth GW7900B...first mod. Super Stealth.

Great mod, looks much better

Besides the module, those black plastic "screws" are one of the main reasosn, I prefer the G-7900 series over the GW-7900 series. A pic of my G-7900MS:

It is that inconsequence that often drives me crazy with Casio watches. Why in the world makes one a stealth looking watch and put Bling-Bling "screws" on top of it

Same goes for the silver polished indicator eye on the GW display, but I'm afraid you can't do much about it. What you still can do however is this:

The black buckle is also just a very small and easy mod, but it makes a whole lotta difference on my G-7900-3V:

cheers
    Chrisek likes this.
    A.M. should burn in Hell

Looks great, I like it!

That's sick! I just put the black nylon/leather strap on mine, I think I'm gunna get this bezel next.

Great mod. It's very nice looking. Christopher Nolan should get Christian Bale one of these in his new Batman movie
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication
    Leonardo da Vinci

Wow this is awesome, I like the black buckle mod more. How did you come about it???

Wasn't expecting much of a change when I opened this thread but now your watch looks pretty good, and better than before, very legible negative display too, good job!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    Stowa Marine Automatic solid silver dial Hamilton Jazzmaster Power Reserve | Jazzmaster Viewmatic Seiko 5 SNZD13J1 | 5 SNZE87J1 Parnis Power Reserve Accurist Kinetic Chronograph MB 560 Casio (G-Shock) GW50001JF | DW5200C | DW5600C | DW5600R3 | G7800B1DR | DW6600 |​ DW6630B (modded) Casio (Protrek) PRG-240B

In the most fracked up country of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Jack65 View Post
    Wow this is awesome, I like the black buckle mod more. How did you come about it???
    I was intrigued by this thread: G-Shock Buckles. Where can I buy an official or after-market replacement?

cheers
    A.M. should burn in Hell

I've already ordered and received a set of four of the infamous "falling out" bezel rivets just in case. Out of curiosity, are the four black screw thingies an integral part of the new bezel, or are the a swagged pop fit like the original metal finished rivets? Since I've got an extra set, I may fiddle around with some cold gun blue just for kicks. On second thought, since my rivets seem very secure at present, I may not bother...
    "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?" Hidden Content

Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Hidden Content

7 bucks for that bezel is a steal

Quote Originally Posted by Bob@Orlando View Post
    I've already ordered and received a set of four of the infamous "falling out" bezel rivets just in case. Out of curiosity, are the four black screw thingies an integral part of the new bezel, or are the a swagged pop fit like the original metal finished rivets? Since I've got an extra set, I may fiddle around with some cold gun blue just for kicks. On second thought, since my rivets seem very secure at present, I may not bother...
    They are just like the GW7900 metal "screws" pop right in and out. I actually took them out when I stealthed the paint off. The plastic "screws" have a notch in the side to hole them in a particular direction on the bezel.

The more I look at my watch with these plastic "screws" the more i like it. Looks so much nicer. Even if you don't stealth the lettering off, get the plastic screws, easy pop in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by G-fob View Post
    7 bucks for that bezel is a steal
    Totally. I have been thinking about doing this since I bought my GW7900, but wasn't going to spend much on the screws or bezel. Getting the bezel with the plastic screws for $7 shipped was great.

The seller was icecache they still have a few black bezels on their listings. Came well packed and the bezel was actually in a little gift box to keep it protected. I was happy with my purchase. Even happier after I dipped it in some goof off to stealth it :)
    GW-3000BB-1A(with Bracelet), GX-56KG-3, GDF-100BB, GDF-100-1, GA-100SD-8A, GD-350-8, G-001-8C, GLX-150-7, GLX-150-1, DW-6900CS-7

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information