WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Vintage Early 80s Casio 108 F-81 Still Going After 30 Years

10K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  matador02 
#1 · (Edited)
I was at my parent's over the weekend to clean out some junk from the garage and found my old casio watch I wore back in High School. The band was missing, but I just installed a new battery and it fired up. I haven't worn this watch in 30 years or so. Can I still get a casio band for this watch? Would a Zulu or Nato band look good with this Casio? I believe its an 18mm. Any suggestions?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Amazing to see that it fired up after so long!
That's a beauty with the 108 module, I have the same one on my W-250.
You might find it quite a tight fit to get a NATO strap on it though, might be better to consider a 2-piece alternative. You should be able to find an 18mm Casio resin strap that will fit, but it might not be a direct replacement.

#5 · (Edited)
A Casio or some type of rubber strap is my first choice, as I would like to keep as stock looking as possible. I measured the lug spacing, and it looks like its a 19mm. I'm actually getting a bit curious about this particular model and early 80s casio watches. Any info on this watch would be much appreciated. Is it a collectible piece compared to the marlin models? Is the F81 much more rare than the F91? Was the G-shock available during the early 80s?

#10 ·
Thanks for the link. The nato from that site comes in 18, 20, and 22mm. The Casio in question is 19mm. Would the 18mm work just fine?
I would probably prefer the 20mm. The 18mm might leave a gap that whilst small, could be annoying, and it might look a bit thin. 20mm should look fine without any obvious 'bunching'.

#13 ·
To be sure, measure the actual width into which the strap will go. Quite amazing that such a watch is still working after many years. Good to know.;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.