What makes us like G-Shock so much?
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: What makes us like G-Shock so much?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

What makes us like G-Shock so much?

Many have asked me why I like watches so much, my answer to them is various as I like the durability, style, functionality, etc.....but 1 thought that has recently dawned on me is that l'm obsessed with time in general. I could remember as far back as being 9yrs old and wanting to go back in time a few years back....at 9yrs I wanted to go back to year 1993, at 12yrs I wanted to go back to 1997, at 14yrs I wanted to go back to 1999, etc. So far that's been my life, I've been o.k. for a few years then out of no where I feel like I want to go back in time some years back. Right now I'm struggling to want to g ok back to the year 2011......next year it could be different year that I'm wanting to go back to. That's why I guess I got so interested in the watch culture as I wanted to know what makes time? How and why? Anyone else have these kinds of thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ruizjaime26; 5 Days Ago at 06:30.
    xevious, kubr1ck, ccm123 and 1 others like this.

Re: What makes us like G-Shock so much?

It ain't that deep for me, man. It all started with Penny's watch in Inspector Gadget...

In all seriousness though, for me the lure is the micro-engineering that a watch represents. It's a wrist-sized technical marvel, and G-Shock takes it to the next level by not only making them affordable, but piling on the features and offering a near-endless variation of different shapes, sizes and colors.

It's marketing genius really, since if we don't like one, there are a thousand others to choose from, and most are so affordable that we dupe ourselves into thinking that we're getting a good deal, when that would only be true if we bought a couple, not 30-50.
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."
    --William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (1929)

Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    It ain't that deep for me, man. It all started with Penny's watch in Inspector Gadget...

In all seriousness though, for me the lure is the micro-engineering that a watch represents. It's a wrist-sized technical marvel, and G-Shock takes it to the next level by not only making them affordable, but piling on the features and offering a near-endless variation of different shapes, sizes and colors.

It's marketing genius really, since if we don't like one, there are a thousand others to choose from, and most are so affordable that we dupe ourselves into thinking that we're getting a good deal, when that would only be true if we bought a couple, not 30-50.
    Lol so very true....it's very hard to decide which one over the other.

kubr1ck likes this.

It's one of my hobbies. I can't say one reason, design, style, variety, hunting, collecting, mental challenge, if not them, something else.....CDO.

I JUST DO. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Sent from Capt. Kirk's Communicator
    I am responsible for what I say, not your Hidden Content to comprehend.

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by kubr1ck Hidden Content
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by kubr1ck Hidden Content
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerswit View Post
    It's one of my hobbies. I can't say one reason, design, style, variety, hunting, collecting, mental challenge, if not them, something else.....CDO.

I JUST DO. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Sent from Capt. Kirk's Communicator

Steelerswit likes this.

For me wearing a Watch is something a guy is supposed to do. I always remember my father always wearing a Watch. I then started wearing a Watch at age 9 or 10. Have ever since. A man must always wear a Watch, and care about the Watch he wears.

As for G Shock Watches, they are the most advanced, durable, multi functional, and best looking units available. Period.
    Hidden Content

Timepieces

2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN 1000H 9AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000NV 2AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000MB 1AJF
    ​2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000K 7AJR ICERC
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWG 1000 DC 1A5JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWF D1000NV 2JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GW 9300DC
    2017 CASIO EDIFICE EF 305 1AV
    1990 ROLEX GMT II M16713LN STAINLESS/GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by MainePorsche View Post
    For me wearing a Watch is something a guy is supposed to do. I always remember my father always wearing a Watch. I then started wearing a Watch at age 9 or 10. Have ever since. A man must always wear a Watch, and care about the Watch he wears.

As for G Shock Watches, they are the most advanced, durable, multi functional, and best looking units available. Period.
    True true men must wear a watch and a classy 1 at that....good thing casio makes variety of G-Shock to suit ones needs and style.

Requiring a reliable watch at work for ocean navigation and having destroyed seiko, timex, citizen, memosail, and others, finally figured out that Casio and G-Shocks are the only watches that can take the pounding.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post
    Requiring a reliable watch at work for ocean navigation and having destroyed seiko, timex, citizen, memosail, and others, finally figured out that Casio and G-Shocks are the only watches that can take the pounding.

Quote Originally Posted by MainePorsche View Post
    A man must always wear a Watch, and care about the Watch he wears.
    And if I might add, because a (grown) man must care about time.

A man wearing a watch, outside of purely social functions (where, strictly speaking, a watch is not supposed to be worn), makes it clear to everyone in his purview that they are in the presence of a man who considers his time something of value, not something to be wasted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hidden Content

A man wearing a watch, outside of purely social functions (where, strictly speaking, a watch is not supposed to be worn),
    makes it clear to everyone in his purview that they are in the presence of a man who considers his time something of value,
    not something to be wasted.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information