What's your Grail watch(es) G or otherwise - Page 4
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: What's your Grail watch(es) G or otherwise

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: What's your Grail watch(es) G or otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by branl33 View Post
    The MQD-3000w to round up my Casio shrouded diver collection. Pic credit to Dwight of uhrforum.

My Casio vintage shrouded diver collection is somewhat completed MD-703, MQD-2000 & MQD-3000W wannabe the vintage Michael Renee 100m shrouded diver. Not quite the Casio MQD-3000W I was looking for, should tide over for now.

Maybe Kikuo's personal square, signed on the strap. I'd settle for him signing one of mine too.
    Time4Playnow likes this.

I think I already have my grail G - the MR-G. But one day I wouldn't mind picking up a GW-5600 titanium square, if they are offered at a reasonable price...

Name:  IMG_0834.JPG
Views: 144
Size:  207.6 KB
    odinslostcandy likes this.

4 actually. A Doxa, the new GPW2000 (I have the 1000), a frogman with depth gauge, and an Eterna Kontiki.

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    I think I already have my grail G - the MR-G. But one day I wouldn't mind picking up a GW-5600 titanium square, if they are offered at a reasonable price...
    What would you consider reasonable? They are so limited that the chances of one being sold is almost nil. That being said, I do see one for sale now if you feel like shelling out over 3 grand!
    Last edited by Fergfour; March 17th, 2017 at 13:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergfour View Post
    What would you consider reasonable? They are so limited that the chances of one being sold is almost nil. That being said, I do see one for sale now if you feel like shelling out over 3 grand!
    No, I'm not talking about past versions from previous anniv editions or whatever. I was talking about a possible future titanium square that might *possibly* be available for a semi-reasonable price before they initially sell out. So "reasonable" in my mind might be $500-750 or so. I'm thinking 35th anniversary maybe??? Yeah, awhile back there was one on Amazon for around $3K - that is not reasonable at all, to me.

Unfortunately when those last titanium squares came out, I was not even a square fan then, and did not even notice! But I'll be looking for similar models down the line, you can bet.
    Deepsea_dweller and kevio like this.

Gotcha. We can only hope for a future titanium screwback. A 35th anniversary titanium square in the same vein as the GW-t5030c might cause me to shuffle some finances around. Was the GW-t5030C in the 500-750 range when it came out?

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    No, I'm not talking about past versions from previous anniv editions or whatever. I was talking about a possible future titanium square that might *possibly* be available for a semi-reasonable price before they initially sell out. So "reasonable" in my mind might be $500-750 or so. I'm thinking 35th anniversary maybe??? Yeah, awhile back there was one on Amazon for around $3K - that is not reasonable at all, to me.

Unfortunately when those last titanium squares came out, I was not even a square fan then, and did not even notice! But I'll be looking for similar models down the line, you can bet.

odinslostcandy:
    Jus so happens my Grail IS A Casio.
    The GWX56. But Uncle Sams IRS refund will lay that issue to rest.
    Come on Snail Mail (aka USPS) getta move on dudes.

X Traindriver Art

Many people say Rolex. I tried that and was not comfortable with it. I used an Omega seamaster 300m GMT for several months , while I was working in China. I really liked it; however, the prices were not where they are now on it (I even looked around HK for a bargain). Right now I could swing one; but I am on a bit of a Solar-Atomic thing and I feel that for work I need that level of accuracy (I no longer live an interesting life, I am now teaching at a middle school and I want to know exactly when the bells will ring, not somewhere around when the bells will ring; I want to know exactly when).

So this is a high level considerations, not really a grail.

image from here

What I would really like is a watch similar to the MRG, with much of the appearance and features, but in a size that will fit my, rather small wrist (6.5"). It isn't made; so I will consider it a grail.

image from here

So, an MTG about the size of the Omega, with the smart crown, I found I really liked that. there's my grail (for now).
    Time4Playnow likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information