What's your Grail watch(es) G or otherwise - Page 5
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: What's your Grail watch(es) G or otherwise

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Re: What's your Grail watch(es) G or otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Fergfour View Post
    Gotcha. We can only hope for a future titanium screwback. A 35th anniversary titanium square in the same vein as the GW-t5030c might cause me to shuffle some finances around. Was the GW-t5030C in the 500-750 range when it came out?
    I'd definitely find a way to afford a titanium screw back square as well, considering how much I love the GW5000. Something lighter than that and with screw back would be perfect.
    Time4Playnow and Dalen like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergfour View Post
    Gotcha. We can only hope for a future titanium screwback. A 35th anniversary titanium square in the same vein as the GW-t5030c might cause me to shuffle some finances around. Was the GW-t5030C in the 500-750 range when it came out?
    I have no idea what price the GW-T5030C was when it came out... Like I said, I did not even notice it back then.

Just guessing though, I would be surprised if its MSRP was over $500. Maybe less considering that the GW-5000 is around $300.

Anyhow, let's keep our fingers crossed for the 35th anniversary watches!!
    Fergfour likes this.

For a G-Shock it would be MTG-S1000V-1A. The one somebody posted a picture of a few posts back. I think that is really nice but if I was going to spend that much on a watch I don't know if I would buy that. It does look pretty amazing though.

Name:  6753cdceb90603b7490114a352896edc.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  84.6 KB
    Time4Playnow likes this.

What's your Grail watch(es) G or otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    I have no idea what price the GW-T5030C was when it came out... Like I said, I did not even notice it back then.

Just guessing though, I would be surprised if its MSRP was over $500. Maybe less considering that the GW-5000 is around $300.

Anyhow, let's keep our fingers crossed for the 35th anniversary watches!!

Whopping price back then. So you gotta grab one quick T4P if there will be a 35th anniversary
    Last edited by Deepsea_dweller; March 18th, 2017 at 06:51.
    Time4Playnow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepsea_dweller View Post

Whopping price back then. So you gotta grab one quick T4P if there will be a 35th anniversary
    WOW!!! Holy smokes, DSD!!!! 130,000 yen??!!!!

That's the same retail price as the GWF-D1000B-1JF Frogman!! (which I just sold, btw! More on that later...)

YIKES!!!!!! Well, not only was the GW-T5030C titanium, but I've heard it was limited to 200 pieces. Anytime they limit a G to such small numbers, and it is titanium, prices will be waaaaaaay up there!! (same thing happens with the titanium Frogs that are numbered, limited editions - as you know! haha)

Well.....that might cause me to think twice about getting one, if Casio releases that type of square again. Then again, they'd always be worth money, unlikely to actually lose money on that purchase I think, if it can be bought around retail price...

Anyhow, all just dreaming right now. But who knows - maybe we'll see a titanium GW-5000 for the 35th anniversary???

Thanks for posting this DSD!
    Deepsea_dweller likes this.

I was lucky enough to buy my grail about 6 months ago as my 5th anniversary/birthday gift from my wife.

It's my grail for a few reasons. It's a storied manual wind movement, it's a beautiful historic chronograph, and it's been on the freaking moon (sorta...the moon watches were a slightly different movement) and in space (still to this day).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kevio View Post
    I'd definitely find a way to afford a titanium screw back square as well, considering how much I love the GW5000. Something lighter than that and with screw back would be perfect.
    I'm with kevio on this one. If they come out with a titanium square I gotta have it! I've had a gw 5000 for a week and it's definitely my new favorite watch.
    Time4Playnow likes this.

* Edit to my post below: from some reading I did, sounds like the GW-T5030C WAS actually a titanium GW-5000, more or less. And it did look pretty incredible. I would love to get my hands on one, or a new release very similar to it... We can always hope!!

My current grail among G-Shocks would be any of the depth sensor Frogman units. In fact I've already tried one in a shop (a not so very wallet friendly thing to do). I managed to resist buying it then and there at the last minute and decided to start a separate fund for it, so maybe it'll be mine in a few months.

For non-Gs, I'd really like to someday have the MM600. I don't really like the tuna designs other than the old SBBN007/015/017 but I managed to scratch that itch with an SRP653, which is an automatic to boot.
    aalin13 and GaryK30 like this.
    GTR stands for George The Rabid. Fanboy of COSC (Casio - Orient - Seiko - Citizen, in that order Hidden Content )

My only 'matic watch. I honestly saw some dreams about it after I saw it on some watch blogs.

STØLÅS Harbormaster Spinnaker
    Number 107 out of 125 that are made.

Name:  stolas.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  1.27 MB
    GTR83 likes this.
    There's a watch in my pocket and it's hands are broken, the face is blank but the gears are turnin'.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread Information