WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Why the GWN-1000C ?

31K views 76 replies 31 participants last post by  The Kit 
#1 · (Edited)
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Here are my little review of that Dark Gulfmaster the GWN1000C-1AER

1- An uncluttered face.
The little hand is blue (Mostly GM got a white little function hand). The second hands is white and blue. The LCD screen is reverse (dark). Leaving plenty of contrats for a quick glance in all case of visibility.
This minimalism works great at night as the Lume is useable even in the early grey morning light.
The markers at 12 3 6 9 make a wide "cross" where the broad hands can express time and are easy on the eyes in all light conditions. And also compared to my PRW6000 skeleton hands (with lume only on the point), the GM main sword hands are full lumed. It changes everything IMHO.

2- An all dark Bezel.
This was a nogo for me on the previous versions as their bezel (white on black, white on blue, stainless on stainless) were in my own opinion too present.
On the 1000C version the dark bezel bring some kind of "steampunk" and military stealth effect.
Now how the bezel will get aged after some scratches ? Time will tell.
So far it has been banged on metallic equipment with zero scratches. Steel can be hard and resilient but what about the coating ?

3- The functions and the rest:
As a user and lover of the PRW6000, the GWN1000 brings some nice ergonomy. I do like the moon age and the second time zone available on the main screen. The tide is easy to adjust and follow. The huge buttons are easy to use.
The Mode + Light parking hands mode is easy to get as the two button are diagonaly opposed.
The Smart Access crown is well protected and even better than on the PRW6000.
Also I found it loud on the beep departement.

So I'm happy. The honey moon is on.

I got some reserve about the metallic keeper on a thin strap. I have used another resin keeper from my old Raysman to help maintaining the strap in place.

But when I look at that watch I really feel this is one of the most beautiful G Shock I have ever own if not the gorgeous. Its dark thematic and the quality oozing are making me happy.
I'm... Batman !!! :)

See less See more
#71 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum. :think:

When in doubt, refer to the Watch Tanaka video:

The bezel is black but it's a matte finish compared to the shinier black of the case. In some lighting conditions, that makes it appear to be a dark grey. :think:

Not dissimilar to this pic, although the wrapper is still on it:

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Like you, I was hoping it was a consistent stealth black. I resold it without ever taking the wrapper off because it wasn't.

#72 ·
Just found this thread and enjoyed reading the numerous pages. Thought I'd post a pic from Christmas when I got mine.

Question - I have no need for the tide graph, I'd rather run the barometer, but I've heard that it really saps the power. Is that true, and if so, does that really matter on a solar?

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Reactions: JohnQFord
#73 ·
Just found this thread and enjoyed reading the numerous pages. Thought I'd post a pic from Christmas when I got mine.

Question - I have no need for the tide graph, I'd rather run the barometer, but I've heard that it really saps the power. Is that true, and if so, does that really matter on a solar?

[iurl="https://www.watchuseek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8388386&d=1451155993"]
[/iurl]
Man, what's your wrist size?

#77 ·
Havee been going through this thread and also tried a blue edition at my locale dealer in order to verify if the size is to big for me. The watch fells different than other large G's

To my question. Can you identify whether
GWN-1000C-1A
GWN-1000C-1AJF
GWN-1000C-1AER

Is Japan H only or are they all cased in Thailand.

/The Kit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.