Your worst G, but you just can't let it go. - Page 2
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Your worst G, but you just can't let it go.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Your worst G, but you just can't let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by GTR83 View Post
    Haha, I used to have one of those in the black with red accents. Got rid of it after a mere 2 months or so due to severe desire for flippage, but I can see why you still like yours. It's got a cool aesthetic side to it especially in that color.

My worst G is a G-9000BP with its bog standard features, purple negative display, stiff buttons, the annoying "ribs" on the back and the mysteriously sized strap which somehow manages to leave a lot of people with varying wrist sizes in between holes. I still like it for the very cool Dual Illuminator backlight scheme and the fact that it is very small for a G-Shock.

Here's an old photo of it.
    True the Mudman has a got a few problems such as the really stiff buttons and a negative display that is almost unreadable at times (certainly on the G9000MS1) but that double timer display is an absolutely brilliant idea. I love how you can be using a different mode but still constantly visually see how long you've been timing a couple of events for. I found it made for the perfect workout watch, the main display on the CDT mode for timing down my rest between sets and the stopwatch bar showing me how far I was into my workout. It's a great module.
    pocky and RHJones like this.

GXW-56-1AJF AKA the "King". I figured what collection is complete without at least one negative display G-Shock? Then when I received it and wore it I got the answer: MY collection WAS complete without a negative display! I knew buying it that they're hard to read but I wasn't ready for how bad. Not only that but you have to contend with the glare which makes it twice as hard. The only time it's easy to read is in the dark with the EL on. I love and wear the big lug due to it's size, red buttons and red module protector but I'm almost certain it will be the only negative I'll own.
    Piowa and RHJones like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK30 View Post
    I agree with some of your points, but the GA-100 has a 24 hour CDT, unlike most Casio ana-digis.
    I stand corrected. Mixed CDT's with GA-1000.
    There's a watch in my pocket and it's hands are broken, the face is blank but the gears are turnin'.

probably shouldve rephrased the title to "least worn, but cant let go". anything i dont like i sell, no point in holding on to it when you hate looking at it haha

i actually dont wear my 9000 muddys because therye too small! haha tho i like them alot, def. the perfect beater G, tho i have the jammin camo versions, one was atually a beater which has retired to the leisure life and the other im trying to keep in good condition since they look good as a couple ;)

i have a couple 9550 gmix's that i probably could sell since i dont wear them much at all but they have such a cool band (and i doubt i could get anywhere near what i paid for them)
    Yippie kayak other buckets!

Hidden Content Hidden Content
    IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Quote Originally Posted by pocky View Post
    Topic says it all. What's your worst G-Shock, but you just can't let it go.
    And please, list some of the plusses and cons, becouse we are interested.

Mine's a GA-100(A-7AER). It's really a crippled module. I just cant find anything good (techinically speaking) from it, it's a total steaming pile of turd.

Attachment 11229602

+ White color matches great with my green hoodie.
    + LCD displays are almost readable in dark with the amber light.
    + Cost me 50€

- No lume
    - No beeps in menu
    - Low beep sound in alarm/CDT
    - Only 60 min CDT
    - in WT you can only go in one direction unlike in GD-350.
    def. one of the ugliest ga100s. its so sparse yet busy at the same time! lol
    Yippie kayak other buckets!

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Quote Originally Posted by soulbridgemedia View Post
    def. one of the ugliest ga100s. its so sparse yet busy at the same time! lol
    A little modding and it's sweet~

Sent from Capt. Kirk's communicator
    pocky likes this.
    I am responsible for what I say, not your inability to comprehend.

Hidden Content

MTG-900, This is NOT metal, plastic made to look like metal. Don't be fooled. Just sayin'.

I have the predecessor to the M900 and wore it as a daily driver/beater for quite a long time. Look at it...beat up all to hell. You can't kill the darn thing, it keeps on running despite the abuse.

Been sitting in the sun on a window sill these last few years, neglected. Why?

Gotta be honest here....Of the over 80 G-Shocks I own, it is my least favorite. It has no friggin' Countdown Timer! I need a countdown timer in any G-Shock I wear. Strike one.

The bracelet sucks. It feels cheap and flimsy, part plastic, part hollow link metal. Just plain junky. Strike 2.

Ugly, colors never have matched and it has only gotten uglier with wear and tear. The paint has worn off unevenly, the links are 4 clashingly different colors....beige, grey, dark grey and silver. Strike 3, you're outta there.

I hate it. But have to give it credit. It has never missed a second of time in all these years.

Still on original battery, never opened up. The auto-light still works brightly and it even sync'd itself last night so it is perfectly on time.

My automatics can't compete with that kind of quartz Casio accuracy. Too bad it looks like a wet mutt just in from a swim and feels like the worst Timex ever made.
    pocky, RHJones and DjedMoros like this.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post
    MTG-900, This is NOT metal, plastic made to look like metal. Don't be fooled. Just sayin'.

I have the predecessor to the M900 and wore it as a daily driver/beater for quite a long time. Look at it...beat up all to hell. You can't kill the darn thing, it keeps on running despite the abuse.

Been sitting in the sun on a window sill these last few years, neglected. Why?

Gotta be honest here....Of the over 80 G-Shocks I own, it is my least favorite. It has no friggin' Countdown Timer! I need a countdown timer in any G-Shock I wear. Strike one.

The bracelet sucks. It feels cheap and flimsy, part plastic, part hollow link metal. Just plain junky. Strike 2.

Ugly, colors never have matched and it has only gotten uglier with wear and tear. The paint has worn off unevenly, the links are 4 clashingly different colors....beige, grey, dark grey and silver. Strike 3, you're outta there.

I hate it. But have to give it credit. It has never missed a second of time in all these years.

Still on original battery, never opened up. The auto-light still works brightly and it even sync'd itself last night so it is perfectly on time.

My automatics can't compete with that kind of quartz Casio accuracy. Too bad it looks like a wet mutt just in from a swim and feels like the worst Timex ever made.
    These are the stories that I was quite much after it all. This really makes sense that we have done some not so good purchases but we are not really up to flipping the watch yet and keep it hanging there even if we find that module lacking some features and missing something even bigger for us. Some how those small plastic timekeepers just lures into our hearts and watch collections.

Some of those are not perfect G's for us, but still they can show us the exact time and have the looks or even do deskdivings and eat oil and dust while replacing a turbo and intercooler in a car.
    GTR83, yankeexpress and RHJones like this.
    There's a watch in my pocket and it's hands are broken, the face is blank but the gears are turnin'.

So G-Shocks that are in worst conditions compared to their stablemates also count? LOL. Because I also have a Riseman that I don't quite hate, but it looks like it has went to Heck and back. And it still keeps great time too!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GTR83 View Post
    Come to think of it, isn't a G-Shock to meant to take abuse beyond any other watch? Which means the G we all hate the most - in this case the G9000s which we only wear when a watch is most likely to be damaged - is actually the quintessential one in our collections?
    Spot on. And that's the reason I have no intention of getting rid of it. On the other hand, I have a GA110 which is possibly my favourite but it's useless at night, which is when I'm most likely to wear it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information