WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Glycine Airman 1953 Vintage LE appreciation thread - Owners please check in!

106K views 323 replies 80 participants last post by  DanieleBrs 
#1 · (Edited)
AIRMAN "1953 VINTAGE" - Tribute to a flying legend!

Greetings, as suggested by members here, I have started this official Glycine Airman "1953 Vintage" LE appreciation thread.

There are total 600 pieces made for this anniversary Airman Ref. 3904 released in September 2012. And owners for this model are spread all across the World, so the purpose of this thread is to gather as many owners here as possible and to record their locations.
b-)

Owners and admirers alike are free to post here with your LE number and a photo if possible. Any photos of your watch in action or simply sitting in your watch case or you just changed your strap, and you want everyone to admire it, please feel free to post up here.

I will try my best to keep this thread alive and going. Appreciate if other members could chip in and help out as well whenever you can.

Now on to some pictures of mine which is numbered 336/600. Location is Regina, Canada.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Fashion accessory Zipper Cap Webbing

See less See more
#6 ·
Re: Glycine Airman 1953 Vintage LE appreciation thread - Owners please book in!

Wow!!! Nice to see a watch checking in from Germany....looks great on a leather NATO......congrats and welcome on board romall ! :-!

#8 ·
Dennis, your Airman on the Oyster bracelet looks smashing!!! |>

To tell you the truth your Airman LE pictures in 2012/13 pushed me over the edge and here I am with a Airman LE and starting this appreciation thread....kudos mate! :p

#10 · (Edited)
Welcome roguehog! A very good review you have written on your blog site for the Airman LE and Mystery. :-!

And I left a message for you on your blog site to introduce this official appreciation thread for the Airman LE. ;-)
Thanks for reading and making your way here...

#12 ·
Okay folks, this is what we have as of now :

Aquavit: 061 UK & Europe

Dennis Smith: 140 Walla Walla, WA

roguehog: 217 Singapore

daw123: 246 Lincolnshire, UK

romall: 266 Germany

achilles: 336 Regina, Canada

I am sure many more owners will find their way here....b-)

#14 ·
Wow, that's awesome Emre! Your great great grandfather of all Airman looks amazing!!! And yes, it is worth it to track down who else has this classic. Not many will be my guess...

I am sure you will treasure this watch, well done mate!

#27 · (Edited)
Hi Dai Capp, welcome to this appreciation thread for the Airman 1953 Vintage LE. We all will love to see your No. 17!

When you click 'Reply', you will see an 'Insert Image' icon on the top right-hand side of the reply window. Click that and click 'From Computer' and 'Browse' to select your picture file from your local drive.

Hope that helps, or someone else might give a clearer explanation...good luck!

#25 ·
Some new Owners have come on board :-!, here is a summary :

Dai Capp: 017 Sheffield, England

Brice: 037 France and China

Aquavit: 061 UK & Europe

Dennis Smith: 140 Walla Walla, WA

psikat: 145 Birmingham, UK

Vorst8: 199 Netherlands

roguehog: 217 Singapore

daw123: 246 Lincolnshire, UK

romall: 266 Germany

nicolasg: 297 Athens, Greece

achilles: 336 Regina, Canada

#32 ·
#313 checking in..... Going to be sending it back to IWW to have the hands outlined in black like Dennis did.....really enhances the face. Great time piece that I enjoy wearing.
That is looking great, Svail.....where are you located....like in City & Country?