Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Any symbolism involved in wearing a watch on the right hand?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Question Any symbolism involved in wearing a watch on the right hand?

I`ve always wondered if there was any hidden meaning to wearing your watch on your right? I know that some people are left-handed and thus are more liable of doing it. But for some person who is right-handed it looks a bit out of the ordinary. A bit like a "rebellion against society" or a secret organization`s code. I know that most people would say they wear their watches the way they feel better. But it would be nice to hear the more bizarre opinions on this topic.

Feel free to call me a paranoid, conspiracy-seeking idiot.

Re: Any symbolism involved in wearing a watch on the right hand?

Quote Originally Posted by PiPPoI View Post
    I`ve always wondered if there was any hidden meaning to wearing your watch on your right? I know that some people are left-handed and thus are more liable of doing it. But for some person who is right-handed it looks a bit out of the ordinary. A bit like a "rebellion against society" or a secret organization`s code. I know that most people would say they wear their watches the way they feel better. But it would be nice to hear the more bizarre opinions on this topic.

Feel free to call me a paranoid, conspiracy-seeking idiot.
    Sorry, the old "Left is right and right is wrong" dogma does not apply to watches

Wear on whichever watch you feel is more comfortable without fear of making any unwanted social statements
    "So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

Mod. Public/Cafe and MaL Ray MacDonald's Avatar

A lot of people wear the watch on their weaker arm to keep it out of the way. The simplest answer is always the best one.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Banned

I notice that more often than not if someone wears a watch on the right hand it tends to be a big watch, often expensive. However, I never asked if they were right or left handed and why they would wear it on the right. If they are left handed it makes perfect sense to wear especially a big watch on the passive hand so it stays out of the way.

Otherwise wearing a watch on the right is a sure fire way to get it noticed because that's the usually more exposed wrist and the one you shake hands with.

Till

lvt

As long as it's on the wrist, nowhere else, it's OK
    Cannonball likes this.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Some people wear it on the right because they don't like the crown digging into the back of their hand.

Jeannie
    Moderator at Large

I wear mine on my left wrist because of the gang I'm in. The Scary Dinosaurs.
    Straight thuggin.
    flavoredair likes this.
    Caraptor

The man who buys a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people and the man who avoids a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people are brothers.

Plenty of things said about guys that wear their watch on the right wrist but some are being polite.

gay ... not that there is anything wrong with that.

Well, that's all that really matters isn't it... unless you're a gay.

I hear watch crown digging problems said and well, if you can't handle a watch crown.

Banned

I heard that for a single ear ring on the right lobe but never for watches. Must be a deduction of sorts. Refraining strictly from pulling jokes on digging of watch crown. ;)

Till

Quote Originally Posted by Ray MacDonald View Post
    A lot of people wear the watch on their weaker arm to keep it out of the way. The simplest answer is always the best one.
    +1 I tried wearing a watch on the other wrist once I didn't even make it out of the house before knocking it a couple of times.
    Buran Siberia (x2 black and white), Aviator Chrono II (poljot31681), Ferrari Jumbo Pit Crew,Alpha Jump Hour, MZI Skeleton, MKII Stingray,Elgin 18s,Agat stopwatch, Sturmanskie Sputnik,Raketa Pilot, Poljot Traveller,Tscheljabinsk military clock, Kirovskie Crab, Vostok Amphibia (tank dial), 3133 Strela replica, Alpha Jumphour Tank,Denissov Barracuda 31681,Laco B-Uhr type B, Stowa Antea KS

Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cavallino33

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information