Balmer watches: are they worth it?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Balmer watches: are they worth it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Balmer watches: are they worth it?

Hi! After my desperate search on the internet about this brand, I've decided to create a topic, so maybe someone could actually shed some light here.
    Their website http://www.balmerwatches.com/ claims they are swiss-made watches, with retail prices from $3,395.00 to $7,995.00 (for the "Galaxy" model). Nevertheless, the same model sells for around $400 on Ebay and it seems that it is the only shop that sells them. I would love to have watches that look like Balmer Galaxy, but get confused by its mysterious price and marketing... I wonder if there are any Balmer owners here and would like to hear their opinion on this brand.

beshannon

Re: Balmer watches: are they worth it?

retail prices from $3,395.00 to $7,995.00 (for the "Galaxy" model). Nevertheless, the same model sells for around $400 on Ebay

You already know the answer.

That kind of pricing structure is absurd, not to mention the fact that I have never heard of the watch

Omega Forum Moderator emmanuelgoldstein's Avatar

Someone else asked this same exact question recently. I've seen nothing but bad reviews for them. They are not listed as a company in Switzerland and up until a while ago their only sales outlet was eBay where their watches were discounted over 80%.

Edit: (Actually this question was asked in your first post.)
    “Education is the inculcation of the incomprehensible into the indifferent by the incompetent”

-- John Maynard Keynes

They're a TV/Internet brand like Invicta and Oceannaut. Remember seeing them on a home shopping channel once~Cheers!

I wanted a Balmer Commander years ago and tried bidding on them. I had a price in mind that I wanted, but I never got it for that price. Every now and then one would sell for less, but those were the times I wasn't looking...

That said, the price was but a tiny fraction of the "List Price" That price is just a joke. If you like the look of the watch and are comfortable with the auction price then it's probably alright. However, don't for a minute believe they're really multi-thousand dollar watches that you're getting a fantastic deal on. They're worth a few hundred and you're paying a few hundred.

Yes I realize this. I wonder if the diamonds and the gold are really there, how much does the watch itself cost, considering its low auction price? Something's wrong here :) I wish there actually were some owners of any Balmer to share their experience.

I actually own several Balmer watches which I purchased from Ubid. Are they made in Switzerland as claimed? Who the heck knows but I doubt it from the information I have gathered. Are they worth the MSRP of $2500-$5000...no but I guarantee that no one has ever paid that for one...so I disregard MSRP's of everything. All industries have abusers of the MSRP marketing scam. I am wearing a Ralph Lauren Polo belt with an MSRP tag on it marked $125...I paid $10 for it at Marshals. Is it a nice belt none the less...YES.

Now to the watches, I own an Omega, a Rolex, and have owned many other "High End" brands. I also own several Balmers. When I received my first one, I was thoroughly impressed with bracelet, clasp, fit and finish. While looking for a watch, I once bought an Invicta and it is GARBAGE as compared to these watches. I wear my Mercury (Blue Face) daily and have for the past year and it still looks new. The synthetic sapphire crystal has stayed absolutely blemish free. It has a 25 jewel movement and keeps time extremely well. I took it to my local watch shop for a service and he was amazed when I told hime that I only paid a couple of hundred dollars for it.

I also own a Commander with the Unitas 6431 movent, a Gryphon II and a an Atlas and I appreciate them all. I don't have the money to own 3 different Rolex's or Omegas...so I only wear them on very special occasions, but for daily use I wear my Balmers with pride and ALWAYS get compliments.

If you are a watch snob...pass on these. If you are like me and appreciate a quality, well made timepiece, and don't want to bang up your "High End" watch with daily wear, these may be worth your $250-$500! I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Ray
    Last edited by rainman3211; January 29th, 2012 at 20:03.
    dunwaste likes this.

I noticed that Balmer watches have been trashed pretty bad on WUS by some. I have to agree with the few who actually had something good to say about Balmer. I have a Balmer Steller and it was one of the first watches I own that had an ETA movement. Unless they're lying, I haven't actually opened the case to check what movement is really in there. I really like this watch and get compliments on it. I don't bash low end watches. Hey, whatever you like and can afford, go for it.

Do the words Montres Allison mean anything to you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information